Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 10-27-2017, 02:39 PM   #21
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
Good shit. U welding now. Or still training

So much for this snow. Its snowing. Lightly. But nothing sticking. Fuck it. There be more im sure.
Been at the job for a month now, getting crazy hours. I'm exhausted but the pay vs. cost of living is huge incentive.

This morning (after work) I accidentally Tokyo drifted out of the shop parking lot, cause I hit an ice patch. Not gonna lie, I was shook after that. Drove like a grandparent all the way home.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #22
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Lmfao. Ya man. Im worried bout that shit in thia car. It likes to hydroplane.

But ya. Im stacking to. Feels good to have money in the bank and not be pressed about how much. For now anyway. Im getting ot a lot to. Tha double time on sundays is huge though.

Glad ur good bro.

Last edited by Geno; 10-27-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #23
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future

So ru a beast ass welder now. Confident and shit? Or still finding ur way
Old 10-28-2017, 12:35 AM   #24
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future

Shit man...I weld for like 40 hours a week.

I went from putting together small parts to welding giant frames. Still learning shit, but I'm definitely waaaay better than I used to be.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #25
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Thats whats up. Theres a true science to that shit man. Especially considering your practically going in blind once that helmets on and shit. I dont even weld propperly and ive been in the construction trade doing different shit a good 2/3 of my life. I produce popcorn when i weld. Never got propper instruction. Wish i would have just never had the right person to learn from or the time for real. Oh well. Congrats on your new found talent
Old 10-29-2017, 08:31 AM   #26
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
Thats whats up. Theres a true science to that shit man. Especially considering your practically going in blind once that helmets on and shit. I dont even weld propperly and ive been in the construction trade doing different shit a good 2/3 of my life. I produce popcorn when i weld. Never got propper instruction. Wish i would have just never had the right person to learn from or the time for real. Oh well. Congrats on your new found talent
If by popcorn you mean you had porosity (a bunch of holes throughout the weld). Either your shielding gas was too low, the electrode stick out was too long, the base metal had shit on it, or you had an improper work angle. All of those are relatively easy fixes.

Shit man, with six weeks of a little training, you could be proficient enough to get a great paying job.

I applied for a Boilermaker apprenticeship, I'll know if I get selected in January or February. They start at $25.80, time and half on Saturdays and double time on Sundays. I'm feeling pretty good about being selected. Even if I don't get it, I'll probably get getting a house by this time next year.

I'm glad to see you're on the up and up yourself. My girl's mom works at a 3M in South Dakota, and she's making bank doing the same thing you're doing. Tons of promotion opportunity in-house if you stick to it and learn other elements within the job. Everyone is winning this year, cuz.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #27
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Phil View Post
If by popcorn you mean you had porosity (a bunch of holes throughout the weld). Either your shielding gas was too low, the electrode stick out was too long, the base metal had shit on it, or you had an improper work angle. All of those are relatively easy fixes.

Shit man, with six weeks of a little training, you could be proficient enough to get a great paying job.

I applied for a Boilermaker apprenticeship, I'll know if I get selected in January or February. They start at $25.80, time and half on Saturdays and double time on Sundays. I'm feeling pretty good about being selected. Even if I don't get it, I'll probably get getting a house by this time next year.

I'm glad to see you're on the up and up yourself. My girl's mom works at a 3M in South Dakota, and she's making bank doing the same thing you're doing. Tons of promotion opportunity in-house if you stick to it and learn other elements within the job. Everyone is winning this year, cuz.
You pipe welding?
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:12 PM   #28
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
You pipe welding?
Nah...I hate welding pipe. Open roots are a pain.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #29
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nah...I hate welding pipe. Open roots are a pain.
Definitely a different deal. Paying $40 and more down south.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:35 PM   #30
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Quote:

Ya for sure bro. Damn yo i hope you get that shit. Im at clise to 19 hrly atm. Once im full time ill be a touch over 20 which will be after 22 week period. They want me to be a coater instead of a material handler. Which would be a level 12 and the higjestpaying level here. Im at level 10 atm. So id be at 25 hrly once im in there. All i have to do is pass a test which ive spanked all there tests so far. But all the coaters i talk to on my break fuck with me pretty heavy so theyre pulling to yank menup in there. Heres hoping. Happy your bossing out brother. Thats great news. And youll have to lmk know about the boilermaker job. That shit sou ds fucking sweet dude. Then time and a half/double time shifts really make a big difference sog. I make close to 500 every sunday i work. Cant beat that wiffel ball bat.. Until i hit level 12 anyway. Keep progressing my G. Your the man. Youll get that job.

Oh and by popcorn i meant my shit litterally looks like popcorn. Most welders always tell me thats what it looks like so i figured it was a common term. Not so much creating holes. But my weld is never smooth like a seasoned experienced welder. Its lumpy know wat i mean? Like clumps here and there. It usually homds but takes a touch of the rinder to make it look good. A deent welder do t have to grind his shit down when hes done. Lol. Just a few taps with the little hammer and its pretty. Mine never is. But ya if i had so.eone willi g to go a day or two training me a bit im sure id pick it up pretty easy. A lot of technique involved and understanding the strength of you power like you were talking about makes all the difference. Anywho. Back to work. Il hoa!

Last edited by Geno; 10-29-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:44 PM   #31
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

I'm flying out to Wisconsin this December. Hoping to see some wonderful winter weather. I've lived in New York winters, but I'm told these midwest winters are unlike anything else.

I was originally going to see Aaron Rodgers dismember the Buccaneers, but now it looks like I'm going to see Aaron Jones run a lot, and Brett Hundley throw 2 picks. I'm hoping it's a snow game. I wanna get the FULL Green Bay experience haha.

But to make up for how bad I am anticipating that game to be, I'm going to see the Greek Freak in Milwaukee the night before vs. the Kings.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:25 AM   #32
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Its definitely a touch colder. But nothing i havnt experienced so far. Well see as the seasons progress. I mean im used to working in the elements. Rain sleet hail snow. So the cold dont bother me much to a certain point. The wind chills i hear r fucking nuts here tho. So ya. Fuck all that. Washed my carhardt over the weekend. So that shit rdy to go wen necessary