Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 08-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #81
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
while i agree

we live in a society of victims. being the victim gets you rewarded and you get social points.

its the same reason dummies like baked alaska maces himself in the face and says antifa threw acid on him.

he wants to be a victim to garner sympathy and strengthen his cause.

im not saying everyone does it, im sure its a super minority. but it happens.
if you agree, and concede it's only a super minority, then you agree in a high majority of instances it's not a choice. correct?
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #82
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

Quote:
Originally Posted by boof View Post
@uh-oh people argue that being trans isnt a mental illness because its a physical feeling from birth. like homosexuality. people argue that racism is a mental illness because it's a mental perspective learned from others. that is why it's not both or neither. they're on different planes in most people's mind including mine.
bruh

you don't remember a fucking thing from birth.

neither do i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Anecdotes aren’t data
reply to the thing that wasn't a response to you. 10/10 selective hearing at your age.

Last edited by Eŋg; 08-17-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #83
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Alright guys turn the tv's off, turn the phone off, if you're accessing this topic through your phone switch to a computer (desktop preferred), get some water and ritz crackers, turn the lights off, and turn up some Godspeed! You Black Emperor because

We're getting to the bottom of this.

Tonight.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #84
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

Quote:
yea i just think thats a goofy idea. hence the thread. is every learned mental perspective an illness?
semantics playa. if the mental perspective goes as far as to confirm with yourself that you are superior than other beings on this planet simply because of arbitrary things like skin color, we as a society consider it an illness.

haven't you ever heard any former racists or ex-clansmen talk about why they used to be the way they were?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #85
boof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eŋg View Post
bruh

you don't remember a fucking thing from birth.

neither do i.
but my point is that trans people in all instances that i've heard talk about their realization refer to a time when they knew they were the gender opposite of what they were told to be as young children, soon after the age of when our first memories begin

unless you're claiming they can learn to feel like the opposite gender for the rest of their lives at an age prior to having memories
Old 08-17-2017, 08:22 PM   #86
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

i wouldn't feel right getting into infant psychology without @veritas here.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #87
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Or @TYSON
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #88
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
if you agree, and concede it's only a super minority, then you agree in a high majority of instances it's not a choice. correct?
absolutely.

Quote:
semantics playa. if the mental perspective goes as far as to confirm with yourself that you are superior than other beings on this planet simply because of arbitrary things like skin color, we as a society consider it an illness.

haven't you ever heard any former racists or ex-clansmen talk about why they used to be the way they were?
the problem i have with that statement is "we as a society", who is the we in that? i didn't hear this racism is a mental illness talk until literally the other day. when did "we" decide this?

as for the question, no i havent heard former racists or ex-clansmen talk about why they were racist. were they prescribed some medicine by big pharma that cured them? or did they just change their mind one day after an epiphany? maybe one day i'll get an epiphany and my "depression" will go away.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:27 PM   #89
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Lol yo, dawgs, what if a trans was racist
Could you find me?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #90
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

What if someone was only racist when it came to black trannies?
philosophy.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #91
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Lol yo, dawgs, what if a trans was racist
HOW DARE YOU assign a mental illness to a human who doesn't accept the gender they were scientifically born with
Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 PM   #92
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Still reeling from Wasim spoiling GoT just posting off desperation
Could you find me?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #93
boof

if you agree it's not a choice do you also believe racism isn't a choice? if not, do you see why the two don't have to go hand in hand in diagnosing mental illness?

Quote:
the problem i have with that statement is "we as a society", who is the we in that? i didn't hear this racism is a mental illness talk until literally the other day. when did "we" decide this?

as for the question, no i havent heard former racists or ex-clansmen talk about why they were racist. were they prescribed some medicine by big pharma that cured them? or did they just change their mind one day after an epiphany? maybe one day i'll get an epiphany and my "depression" will go away.
i understand your problem with that, i guess i can only claim reference to americans who disagree with racism but don't let our disagreement of racism interfere with our diagnosis of where it is coming from. if you exclude racists and centrists, the only reactions to racists seem to be punch them in the face and/or extinguish them from our society, or sit down and educate/introduce them to members of other races to dissipate what they've previously been conditioned to feel.

as far as your last two questions, the answer is neither. they came to realize that their prejudice was rooted in self-loathing, insecurity, lack of experience, and fear projected as hate and anger. i believe some of those symptoms are the common denominator in all forms of prejudice as in gender or class.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #94
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Still reeling from Wasim spoiling GoT just posting off desperation
lmao word man. i tried to put the point across a couple times to wait till sunday to discuss it. he did it with the first leak too (episode 4) commenting that "the battle was dope!!" or whatever in reference to the dragon/lannister battle.

i feel blame for letting everyone know it leaked. i just would want to know if an episode leaked and tried to do right by my fellow ncg's.

at this point you might as well watch it lol.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #95
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I'm eating wine gums and they say 'made with natural colours' but there's black ones lol wot.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #96
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

I mean, it’s your choice @uh-oh
philosophy.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #97
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
if you agree it's not a choice do you also believe racism isn't a choice? if not, do you see why the two don't have to go hand in hand in diagnosing mental illness?
i never said they did. i was just pointing out something i saw as ridiculous. if either were a mental illness, it would obviously be being transgender. i would be more apt to agree that racism is a mental illness, if being transgender is was. but thats just my opinion at the end of the day. its far more loony to me to want to cut off your dick and grow tits

Quote:
i understand your problem with that, i guess i can only claim reference to americans who disagree with racism but don't let our disagreement of racism interfere with our diagnosis of where it is coming from. if you exclude racists and centrists, the only reactions to racists seem to be punch them in the face and/or extinguish them from our society, or sit down and educate/introduce them to members of other races to dissipate what they've previously been conditioned to feel.

as far as your last two questions, the answer is neither. they came to realize that their prejudice was rooted in self-loathing, insecurity, lack of experience, and fear projected as hate and anger. which i believe is the common denominator in all forms of prejudice as in gender or class.
the main reaction to racists is to ignore them. their were 500 people at the unite the right rally for example. 500. they drove in from all over the country, that country with a population of what 350,000,000. 500. meeting them with violence gets that violence returned. you're not going to be able to reason with idiots.

just ignore them, they're buffoons. if they become violent, we have a justice system in place to deal with them, or anyone else who breaks the law.

i just don't see the giant problem everyone else does. but in saying that, i'm racist for not acknowledging the brewing storm of nazi-ism set to overtake america
Old 08-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #98
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Just so you know, I agree with 100% of what you just wrote under that second boof quote
philosophy.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:19 PM   #99
boof

Quote:
i never said they did. i was just pointing out something i saw as ridiculous. if either were a mental illness, it would obviously be being transgender. i would be more apt to agree that racism is a mental illness, if being transgender is was. but thats just my opinion at the end of the day. its far more loony to me to want to cut off your dick and grow tits
i feel like you're ignoring the point i already made. if we agree transgender is an involuntary physical feeling then how is it obviously a mental illness? and if racism is learned and can be un-learned how is it not the one more appropriately labeled a sickness of the mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh
the main reaction to racists is to ignore them. their were 500 people at the unite the right rally for example. 500. they drove in from all over the country, that country with a population of what 350,000,000. 500. meeting them with violence gets that violence returned. you're not going to be able to reason with idiots.

just ignore them, they're buffoons. if they become violent, we have a justice system in place to deal with them, or anyone else who breaks the law.

i just don't see the giant problem everyone else does. but in saying that, i'm racist for not acknowledging the brewing storm of nazi-ism set to overtake america
no, you're not racist, you're just uninformed. i don't know where in god's green earth you got the number 500 from but it's about 400x less than the number i read and i'm fairly certain it's at least 12x less than the lowest number i saw from any source. there's been a huge increase in public appearances by neo-nazi's and white nationalists, speaking conferences, rallies, media appearances, etc. and it's not because of counter protests, but because of trump's campaign and election. if you don't know about the rise in hate crimes since the end of last year, specifically against jews and muslims then you should catch up before forming your opinion. suggesting we have a justice system that will take care of nazi's and racists is another uninformed statement. our justice system employs plenty of racists. alternatively who in their right fucking mind trusts the justice system to deal with anything appropriately? there's 9 people with active warrants for taking down the confederate statue in north carolina and there are zero people with active warrants for the hate crime of collectively jumping and beating a 20 year old black man with clubs at the unite the right rally the day before.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #100
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
i feel like you're ignoring the point i already made. if we agree transgender is an involuntary physical feeling then how is it obviously a mental illness? and if racism is learned and can be un-learned how is it not the one more appropriately labeled a sickness of the mind?

no, you're not racist, you're just uninformed. i don't know where in god's green earth you got the number 500 from but it's about 400x less than the number i read and i'm fairly certain it's at least 12x less than the lowest number i saw from any source. there's been a huge increase in public appearances by neo-nazi's and white nationalists, speaking conferences, rallies, media appearances, etc. and it's not because of counter protests, but because of trump's campaign and election. if you don't know about the rise in hate crimes since the end of last year, specifically against jews and muslims then you should catch up before forming your opinion. suggesting we have a justice system that will take care of nazi's and racists is another uninformed statement. our justice system employs plenty of racists. alternatively who in their right fucking mind trusts the justice system to deal with anything appropriately? there's 9 people with active warrants for taking down the confederate statue in north carolina and there are zero people with active warrants for the hate crime of collectively jumping and beating a 20 year old black man with clubs at the unite the right rally the day before.
i read the number 500 from some conservative or libertarian comedian i follow on twitter. i just spewed it out. if the number is much less thats a good thing lol.

the problem with saying there is a huge increase in public appearances by neo nazi's and white nationalists is alot of people who aren't those things get labeled it. those same miniscule number tend to try to attend normal conservative pro trump events, which gets the whole event labeled as nazis by shit like the antifa. why, because richard spencer showed up?

and its shitty they don't have any warrants out on the people who beat that dude, i saw the clips and all that, and everyone sharing the faces of the alleged dudes and etc. but we can go back and forth on each little skirmish from every one of these events and nit pick to build a narrative that suits our agenda.

its all fucked man