Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is UPN still relevant to you
Yes 6 33.33%
No 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 09-28-2021, 03:45 AM   #201
kungfugrip

kungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant future

Respectfully disagree

Corey was overrated, but RM and Bboys at that time were deadly
kungfugrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:48 AM   #202
Bobby D

Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D

What can you disagree with? That rbl was better pre 2004, or you weren't topn 5 on staminas site to start with?

Pretty certain eq, mmx, pulse and couple others were running it prior to your overtake.
Bobby D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:50 AM   #203
kungfugrip

kungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant future

They never followed through

Sorry I'm perusing hookers right now too
Old 09-28-2021, 03:54 AM   #204
kungfugrip

Old 09-28-2021, 03:55 AM   #205
Bobby D

Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D Bobby D

You could break the top 5 in rbl with 4 wins in 2004

Prior to that you had to be 10 and 0 to even be close to top 5, ask frac

Rm got worse, I can't speak for bboys as wasn't there much as itsuser base was cringe as fuck
Old 09-28-2021, 03:55 AM   #206
kungfugrip

***** Øut
Old 09-28-2021, 03:58 AM   #207
kungfugrip

I can speak for any site, because it sucked getting votes for their best guy when i knew i dropped better

That was my favourite pastime back then, getting site lofers to vote against their #1, and it happened ALOT
Old 09-28-2021, 04:02 AM   #208
Bobby D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfugrip View Post
I can speak for any site, because it sucked getting votes for their best guy when i knew i dropped better

That was my favourite pastime back then, getting site lofers to vote against their #1, and it happened ALOT
that reminds me when staminas site fought my site RTM

we beat prox, pulse, eq and stamina on HHH

think laz, myself, AZA, primate scriptures/aka adelphi went at it, good old 2001

It was satisfying to beat people in neutral areas for sure as def a better win
Old 09-28-2021, 04:05 AM   #209
Bobby D

Also you were never at Lyrikal War, UA/Art of Rhyme, RTM, Hiphopheads (which change to so many things), Rapboards, SOHO, woadie.com or SC , rapboards is actually where most of RTM came from, rapmusic.com rbl league started out from sethros and davey' d's people. I think ALoe will know more.

These were breeding grounds for the RM and UPN champs of the future. till it really died down after 2003.

There were WAY more websites prior to 2004 too, the amount that closed down after social media took off killed it whether it was numbers or competition.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:05 AM   #210
kungfugrip

Yeah that was before me
Old 09-28-2021, 04:10 AM   #211
kungfugrip

That was a response to ur 1st post, not the 2nd

I was about to talk shit here but now I choose not to
Old 09-28-2021, 04:11 AM   #212
Bobby D

ill chris is still mine and fracs probably favourite online MC from RM

the whole audio section was HUGE in 2000 to 2002, Warbux, Ill Chris, Rev and so many others

Ill chris still has one of the sickest lines I've heard was something to the effect of;

I'm like satan with mics, found the location of christ and used his body as a flotation device.

that shit is so smooth lmao
Old 09-28-2021, 04:11 AM   #213
kungfugrip

Hiphopheads turned into RL

I'm 90% sure
Old 09-28-2021, 04:13 AM   #214
Bobby D

I was one of HHH first champs in their league it was a decent site when it was HHH, it got re-aquired about 3 times in over a year, it may have turned in to RL, but by then it had completely lost the old boards
Old 09-28-2021, 04:15 AM   #215
kungfugrip

It was gone by like 2006

Shame
Old 09-28-2021, 04:20 AM   #216
Bobby D

I was gutted when UA finally took down their boards too

I totally forgot about phillaflava btw, they also had a lot of good emcees also quite a few professional emcees as well similar to woadie and SOHO. which to be fair are better than anywhere else not RM and UPN at the time (i mean some where getting paid to battle live are were actually signed) royce, joe budden were at these places under monikers too as I am sure many others probably, Ikon, cage, tonedeff, kno, US marshall many others to name as well.... def the best I saw on the net aside from RM and UPN because of the collective of talents it brought from other boards from 2000 onwards.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:50 AM   #217
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

@Bobby D were you aware that Pharacane came and modded here at NC for a time?

he got caught voting for himself under diff accounts
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:54 AM   #218
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

I installed hacks and made skins for HHH my name was SupaMod. And Lyrikal Wars was my site. Blazin-mic had a lot of good talent too.
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:57 AM   #219
kungfugrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible View Post
I installed hacks and made skins for HHH my name was SupaMod. And Lyrikal Wars was my site. Blazin-mic had a lot of good talent too.
Hhh turned into RapLeagues right?

Or am I wrong
Old 09-28-2021, 05:01 AM   #220
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

That I don't recall. I just remember one day it was shut down. Really cool website. The arcade was so dope. Lol
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
imagine chings life tho lol, phorce lol jesus life is sad