Old 08-04-2021, 08:45 PM   #41
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Ummmm....my name does not appear to be there.
Wittyverse would be there without a doubt but I haven't seen him in awhile... Witty though? Nah. Not in the same league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani Hand Cannon View Post
iunno whats worse

you mans who write books on here

or whoever reads them shits

keep it simple

"whack topicalist here. whose down to write to some pictures?"

niggas be doing the most i swear
I'm tired of hearing this shit. Topicals are actually closer to real writing than the schoolyard disses you all love so much. Creating something from basically nothing, making an actual story with a message... It takes effort and imagination on a scale that the 10-20 line writers can't keep up with on a weekly basis, or even once in some cases. I, and all the best topical writers here, put more into one topical piece than a regular battler does in their entire run in a league/tourney.

I've done both, with admittedly varying degrees of success, but I know that a topical battle consumes my mind for days; A regular battle of 16 lines is a flick of the wrist comparatively. Does it show? Probably. Results speak for themselves. But this is why the two styles of writing are so segregated... We have cooks in a kitchen and we have people who like to microwave their meals.

Topicals are constantly made fun of and put down by the very people who can't do it successfully. They are critics because they can't build, only destroy. That's why they stick to regular battles where they are awarded for just that. Or worse, discussion boards. It's easier for them to make fun of someone than to jump into the fray, think out an entire story, and scale the mountain in front of them. It's too daunting... So they laugh at the people that do it instead. "I can do that," they say, "I just don't want to because it's lane." Bs. You can't do it so you ridicule it. If you can, prove it.

Come to a topical league for 12 weeks and consistently put out quality pieces and champ it... Please. Come show me how it's done if you think you're so above this... You won't. Most of you won't get a single vote against me. You'll see what you're up against and no show. Ask ya boy Hush...

In my mind, unless you're successful in topicals, you're not really much of a writer. You could be the best regular battler on here but at the end of the day you're still just tearing down and making fun of someone. It's elementary. It's apples and oranges. Come tell a story and build it in a creative way that makes us think and feel something... and do it with technical proficiency over 60, 80... hell, 200 lines. Then do it again next week. Then again. Then beat me or Lars, or dead man in a champ match.

Until then, you know... shut up and stick to your 12 lines a week or your discussion boards. You're not built for this...

Literally.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:13 AM   #42
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

lmao me and you aren’t all that dissimilar after all

i see you
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:21 AM   #43
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Wittyverse would be there without a doubt but I haven't seen him in awhile... Witty though? Nah. Not in the same league.
But...they are the same person.

Oh that's what you were going for.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:00 AM   #44
Smod of War
My avatar is a man, urGAY

Battle Record: 2-5

Smod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant future

Quote:

I'm tired of hearing this shit. Topicals are actually closer to real writing than the schoolyard disses you all love so much. Creating something from basically nothing, making an actual story with a message... It takes effort and imagination on a scale that the 10-20 line writers can't keep up with on a weekly basis, or even once in some cases. I, and all the best topical writers here, put more into one topical piece than a regular battler does in their entire run in a league/tourney.

I've done both, with admittedly varying degrees of success, but I know that a topical battle consumes my mind for days; A regular battle of 16 lines is a flick of the wrist comparatively. Does it show? Probably. Results speak for themselves. But this is why the two styles of writing are so segregated... We have cooks in a kitchen and we have people who like to microwave their meals.

Topicals are constantly made fun of and put down by the very people who can't do it successfully. They are critics because they can't build, only destroy. That's why they stick to regular battles where they are awarded for just that. Or worse, discussion boards. It's easier for them to make fun of someone than to jump into the fray, think out an entire story, and scale the mountain in front of them. It's too daunting... So they laugh at the people that do it instead. "I can do that," they say, "I just don't want to because it's lane." Bs. You can't do it so you ridicule it. If you can, prove it.

Come to a topical league for 12 weeks and consistently put out quality pieces and champ it... Please. Come show me how it's done if you think you're so above this... You won't. Most of you won't get a single vote against me. You'll see what you're up against and no show. Ask ya boy Hush...

In my mind, unless you're successful in topicals, you're not really much of a writer. You could be the best regular battler on here but at the end of the day you're still just tearing down and making fun of someone. It's elementary. It's apples and oranges. Come tell a story and build it in a creative way that makes us think and feel something... and do it with technical proficiency over 60, 80... hell, 200 lines. Then do it again next week. Then again. Then beat me or Lars, or dead man in a champ match.

Until then, you know... shut up and stick to your 12 lines a week or your discussion boards. You're not built for this...

Literally.
@Objective

A doll can be naked and never feel shy or sexualized or degraded
Smod of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:21 AM   #45
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

I agree. Battles is more showcasing literary devices as opposed to thinking them through. They're fun tho and do have a skill ceiling of their own, but can't compare

I can write some shit up in 1-2 hours, or less but usually won't hold up. If I'm in a period of depression shit is lackluster and sucks as well in comparison to my best, and again won't hold up to be considered "good". I've only been in champ matches and done well in leagues in the past when I focus, have energy and often go through 2-3 concepts before something sticks, then leave it for a day or two to edit with fresh eyes and a clear critical mind

You're no longer on my ignore list @Smod of War unless this is a go at me. But I am done with disc with the exception of threads and tourneys like these

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 08-05-2021 at 09:31 AM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #46
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
If you hadn’t already backed out of posting it, like we agreed, I may consider it.

Video first please
I'll edit this post in a sec with proof of its existence. You won't get the link yet

Couldn't be fucked figuring out how to get the proper link to use tags on, but here's the link @sraL:

https://i.imgur.com/jWxEOXM_d.webp?m...idelity=medium

Last edited by Objective; 08-05-2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:29 AM   #47
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

In for sure if im not too late
timeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:50 AM   #48
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Quote:

Literally.
This was a nice bait. The creative and plot driven plea for more participation in your league is on brand

but everyone knows you don't two strap the backpack, bro
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:34 PM   #49
Cereal
killa

Battle Record: 1-6

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

Quote:

Literally.
real talk
Old 08-06-2021, 12:35 PM   #50
Cereal
killa

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
This was a nice bait. The creative and plot driven plea for more participation in your league is on brand

but everyone knows you don't two strap the backpack, bro
lol 21 jump street rocks
Old 08-07-2021, 05:56 PM   #51
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

I'm back... what did I miss? Let's get this show on the road!

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Master Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:25 PM   #52
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Nvm, seconded @Master Rock

Old 08-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #53
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

I was far more amped for Universe’s failed tourney idea than I was/am Master Rock and Candy’s joint failing tbh
Old 08-08-2021, 10:42 AM   #54
Cereal
killa

Quote:
I was far more amped for Universe’s failed tourney idea than I was/am Master Rock and Candy’s joint failing tbh
he says he wants it this month his still got time - master rock
Old 08-08-2021, 10:42 AM   #55
Cereal
killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Rock View Post
I'm back... what did I miss? Let's get this show on the road!
get our thread open and us modded so we can start this ish
Old 08-08-2021, 03:17 PM   #56
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

I don’t think you understand me:

This much time elapsing between initial interest/sign-up’s and a forum materialising to get the first round underway is never a good thing.

The momentum built loses further interest with each day that passes.
Old 08-08-2021, 03:31 PM   #57
Cereal
killa

Quote:
I don’t think you understand me:

This much time elapsing between initial interest/sign-up’s and a forum materialising to get the first round underway is never a good thing.

The momentum built loses further interest with each day that passes.
lol i know i think so to but yeh still wanna do this
Old 08-08-2021, 09:28 PM   #58
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

I expect to get this ball rolling by tomorrow.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:00 AM   #59
Cereal
killa

sweet i pm'd you
Old 08-09-2021, 11:25 PM   #60
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Get Ready at Everyone interested Cereal and I are going to get the battles up and running asap!
@Witty vs @Quill

@sraL vs @Master Rock

@Objective vs @veritas

@Pharaohs Army vs @UserName

@Snitching is gangsta vs @Adverse

@Scar vs @corleone

@Loot vs @timeless

@ACTIVATE SELF vs @dead man

@White Earl vs @MMLP

@fraze vs @brokenhal0

@Johnny 6 feet vs @Universe
@Mr. J vs @Cereal vs @ACTIVATE SELF

Last edited by Master Rock; 08-10-2021 at 02:10 AM.