Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #21
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

Yeah I hear ya, but its seems if they can achieve this then conquering those steps wont be far in the next few years and then what?
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #22
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

People have been reloading and making their own ammo for years but even without "traditional ammo" there are other possibilities. It's not far fetched to think that lethal ammo couldn't be made from other materials. Over the years we've seen guns that shoot rubber bullets, bean bags and wooden blocks. To think a more lethal ammo isn't just around the corner would be insane.

And yeah, the technology isn't there yet to make a sturdy durable weapon yet but if you were an underground dude making quick disposable guns for robberies or hits, you could make some serious cash.

Imagine making movie props with this thing, some collectors would pay crazy cash.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #23
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

the idea of the literally disposable gun would be an assassin's wet dream.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #24
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
People have been reloading and making their own ammo for years but even without "traditional ammo" there are other possibilities. It's not far fetched to think that lethal ammo couldn't be made from other materials. Over the years we've seen guns that shoot rubber bullets, bean bags and wooden blocks. To think a more lethal ammo isn't just around the corner would be insane.

And yeah, the technology isn't there yet to make a sturdy durable weapon yet but if you were an underground dude making quick disposable guns for robberies or hits, you could make some serious cash.

Imagine making movie props with this thing, some collectors would pay crazy cash.
i can go buy a regular gun right now for 100 bucks

so a disposable gun that can fail would have to be cheaper, so who's ever making them for criminals would have to sell 10 a day to make BIG MONEY.

all those bullets you mentioned still have gunpowder and metal casings housing the powder, so when the hammer hits the pin on the casing, it fires the gunpowder, forcing the shot (beanbag, or bullet or whatever) out, into a barrel where it has nowhere to go but straight

it is a closed controlled explosion

plastic from 3d printers could never do that reliably.

you would be better off making your own crossbows or bow and arrows, and even then you need a sturdy but slightly flexible piece

its basically unrealistic

its not gonna be realistic in "a few years"

the matierials are the matierials.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:04 PM   #25
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

if the housing where the bullet fires can't be plastic because it would explode/be unreliable past a number of shots

a shell casing made out of plastic ain't gonna be able to contain a closed explosion of fired gunpowder

and there would have to be some metal involved to spark the gunpowder

its unrealistic

go break a tree branch off a tree, fireharden it and tie a string to it. now you have a bow and arrow that is 9 billion times more reliable than a 3d plastic gun
Old 01-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #26
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, look at the tests. The gun costs $25 to make on a 3d printer and it's deadly accurate. Of course there's the issue of reliability as these guns explode easily and unpredictably but these tests were done 6 months after the prints were made available. Why shouldn't we believe this will be improved upon if this much progress has been made in the first 6 months?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygree...xplodes-video/

Also, the government is very much staying on top of this as it is escalating. See what's happening with the dude who made the Liberator and his connection with bitcoins.

Also, the British Air Force is already using 3D printed parts on their fighter jets.

Wanna predict 2 years into the future on this technology?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #27
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin View Post
I still do not understand 3d printing? Is it like making exact 3 dimensional copies of things and working parts and all?
no. you can create 3D parts individually, only to within certain tolerances. it takes weeks to print them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
Yeah @V

That's where it's at now. It can replicate all aspects of a weapon.
except the parts are wildly inaccurate, shoddy quality, and permanently deform after 100 uses.

if anyone is interested, i have access to an industrial grade 3D printer through my school. holla
Old 01-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #28
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

uh oh is right, batty is wrong. to be clear.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #29
Batty
that nigga

Hahaha!!!

Forbes magazine > a netcee

Just saying.

So you cosign making your own bow and arrow is 9 billion times more reliable than a 3D printed gun?

The 3D is still gunna kill somebody, it just might randomly blow up on them. This does not mean there isn't some wigger out there who'd try it. All I'm sayin is that with the advancements in technology, people should take notice. I mean everybody else outside of NC is.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #30
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Can I make a 3d laser beam?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #31
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

that forbes article didnt say anything i didnt?

and i've obviously taken notice since i knew about all this prior to this thread haha

go watch the vice documentary bro
Old 01-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #32
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Could a 3D printer print the parts to make another 3D printer?

I see a business opportunity.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #33
Batty
that nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
that forbes article didnt say anything i didnt?

and i've obviously taken notice since i knew about all this prior to this thread haha

go watch the vice documentary bro

You missing the point bro.

I'm agreeing that the aren't good for multiple uses yet. The only difference between what we are saying is that you are looking at it from a marketing perspective where people want to buy a cheap reliable gun.

All I'm saying is that if people could replicate a 1 shot only disposable undetectable weapon for $25, it could be a serious issue.

If you were in a shoot out with a dude with a real gun, of course you're probably fucked, not 9 billion to 1 fucked but fucked nonetheless lol
Old 01-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #34
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word i mean i get you

are they undetectable when loaded tho? because there is a piece of lead and a brass casing on the bullet. so if you try to take it on a plane or through a metal detector it probably aint gonna work.

my main thing is there is no reason to have a 25 dollar cheap weapon when you can have a 100 dollar reliable weapon.

and as far as technological advancement goes im not optimistic anything can happen in a few years. thats a very short time frame and would take tons of resources

also the machines themselves are very expensive, and like someones pointed out it takes awhile to make a gun

so if i buy a printer that costs thousands and it takes a week to make the gun, if the matierials cost 25 dollars, it still took a week to make it so i would have to sell it for much more than 25 dollars for my work to be worth anything

in that time frame i couldve printed a bunch of sporks or something and ate a bunch of spaghetti like a boss
Old 01-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #35
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot View Post
So what the fuck are CSI shows gonna make scripts about when we have clones running around killing people with plastic guns?
Hopefully they'll finally stop making them.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #36
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot View Post
Can I make a better 3D printer with my 3d Printer?
lol this dude keeps saying the same joke so people will laugh.

CAN I INCEPTION MYSELF BY INCEPTIONING MYSELF.

we get it. read your post the first time. relax babe
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #37
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- colin kaepernick
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future

how can plastic support the firing of a weapon. shits stupid.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #38
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

@big baby pls show during the winter topical tourney. pls. Thanks
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #39
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- colin kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
@big baby pls show during the winter topical tourney. pls. Thanks
remember that time you ignored my mentions?

yeah
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #40
Batty
that nigga

Yeah, I'm definitely feeling what you're saying. I do think just as many "what if's" could be applied to the flip side tho....

Who says I'd have to buy a 3D printer? There's plenty of people that would allow me to borrow one or charge me to access it or I could steal one.

Even with whatever metal parts that are needed, it's still be easier to conceal and dispose of than other metal guns. Look at how many guns from crimes have been retrieved from lakes or trash bins. Even if the did retrieve the weapon, how many ballistics tests would it last for?

Agreed that the future potential is alot higher than what is achieved now, but with this much progress within the first 6 months, you gotta believe it's going to be advanced within 3 years.

Any technology you can actually see now is already obsolete, you already know they government is on some next level shit.

Tags
batty on point, fleshlight army, v lotsa raptor