Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section > Write Week Archive

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 AM   #21
Rude

Rude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant future

There were some really dope verses I think Sammy's stood out the most for me, because he just took it in a completely different direction.

The theme of food, and using the picture to get there was brilliant. Also feel like there was a little bit of comparison of 'motherland' to mother earth - thus also keeping the picture tied into the theme. loved the soul food play on words. and this one :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Fuck a spoon, finger food all day. We like to stay in touch.
the finger/touch connection there was dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
light squeeze of lemon that life gave
so V/Sammy

but some others I enjoyed :

Unemployed - Also outside the box and i like how you used the theme of being hollow to connect to the tree.

Infiltration -
Quote:
If I fall in the woods... only sounds heard are grinding teeth of a saw
clean flow, and love the connection to the age old question "if a tree falls in the woods - does it make a sound?"

King Ra - loved the syntax and language and flow, your verse is probably the same tone/theme I would have went with.

Genocide - dope af imagery/flow. I liked all the different reasons you gave for ppl to dissect the tree for until it basically rots/falls or gets completely cut down.

Lars - was also completely outside of the box, and entertaining to boot.

MMLP - dope way to flip the anne frank angle.

Vulgar - the multis/flow was sick +rep for using Dhampir in the verse, definitely not something I expected to see on this topic.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #22
MMLP

Battle Record: 15-16

Champed
- Write Week 9

MMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant future

1. Sammy
2. Geno

these two stood out for me!

This should be a regular thing (write week)!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #23
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Sammy 3
Geno 1
Infiltration 1
Unemployed 2

We have have some good voting happening here guise. ThNks to everyone fore there votes. Lets get some more votes in heahhh.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #24
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, I liked Sammy's but it was a bit too left-field of the topic even though it was nice to me. I felt like he was reaching a bit to try and tie that in to the topic provided, regardless of how well written it was.

Last edited by sral; 02-09-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #25
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Infiltration did well but blatantly took my idea and did something different with it lol.

Unemployed seemed to be inspired by both mine and Inf's and came up with something between the two. That's how I read it at least. The "heated sex" lines wording was a little corny but the repeated beginning and end flip was very well done, verse was solid other than that.

Vulgar crushed this. Loved his verse. Nice subtle change of style, reminded me of old me somewhat I guess at the start.

Inf was very clean but his idea was too similar to what I did before it.

I didn't feel King Ra's as he's done the whole God thing very recently in memory in the AWOL but I ain't mad if he gets voted for it because some may not have seen that.

So I guess, Sammy was the best here for originality even if the flow wasn't the best and scheming at times was a little odd with some long ass lines. His take on the topic didn't really "fit" to me, but that aside it was well done. Vulgar had content and flow on point, and in topic. So he is near the top. Geno had flow but not the content the others had. Inf had a solid enough all round verse but came too similar to what I did and that put me off his verse somewhat to be honest. Unemployed flipped the topic well and had flow, no real hiccups aside from heated sex really so he is a strong contender.

I basically have it as Sammy, Vulgar and Unemployed. Out of the three I'd probably say Sammy and Unemployed did more I liked, and out of those two I'd probably say Sammy had a far better take on the topic but Unemployed did more with what was there and didn't rely on it too loosely to create something too far removed.

I liked both but I'm gonna give Un the nod here, purely personal preference as Sammy seemed to go on too far of a tangent for me to give it him here.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #26
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future

3 sammy
1 geno
1 infiltration
3 unemployed

More votes
Old 02-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #27
Rude

Rude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post
3 sammy
1 geno
1 infiltration
3 unemployed

More votes

Should be 4-1-1-3 right ?

Sammy (Inno, Geno, Rude, MMLP) 4
Geno - (Sunny) 1
Infiltration (Unemployed) 1
Unemployed (King Ra, Sammy, Lars) 3
Old 02-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #28
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Ahhh. I didnt see mmlp's vote.

Correct. Sammy has 4 votes
Geno 1
Infiltration 1
Unemployed 3

Pretty close between sammy and unemployed.

Im gonna close this.out tonight.. So lets seemif any more votea come in

Thanks everyone.
@MMLP ..if i made it an every week thing. Or.trie to. then the novelty of.an accomp.would get old and be.way less.significant than it.alredy is. I mean its a nice boost to.someones avatar section but its the easiest win you can get here tbh.. If that makea sense. Ita more.like.once in a while so that everyone on ncs isnt running arou d with an acco.p from write.week. admins would prolly get tired of it. But.ill see how.it.goea. problem with once a week also is that like this one it yook almost 2 weeka just to get verses in. And then it.takes another half.week at least to get propper.vote count in. Once a month maybe. Ill see about making this more.freauent.

Last edited by Geno; 02-10-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #29
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Sammy gets thenwin with 4 votes
Closed