Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2022, 11:59 PM   #41
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Cool, I'll request the extension now though since I'm still in the early stages of everything.

Won't be able to fully attack this until Wednesday but I'll do my best. Tons to explore with this topic.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:06 AM   #42
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

FYI, for me, regardless of line limit I will be writing just about 20 lines. I prefer this approach even though it puts me at a disadvantage, I feel I can make more use of the words and line concepts this way as opposed to going full on mode. Not that I plan on making a champ match this season, until I get that ass whooping and someone lights a fire up under me

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 04-26-2022, 07:28 AM   #43
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

I'm gonna need an extension upon an extension.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 04-26-2022, 08:44 AM   #44
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
FYI, for me, regardless of line limit I will be writing just about 20 lines. I prefer this approach even though it puts me at a disadvantage, I feel I can make more use of the words and line concepts this way as opposed to going full on mode. Not that I plan on making a champ match this season, until I get that ass whooping and someone lights a fire up under me
Yeah, I hope the revised line limit doesn’t make people feel like they HAVE TO write 100 lines in champ matches or pigeon hole people into one particular type of writing. An epic story might need that many lines but good writing comes in many forms and some pieces might only need substantially less. Stories are good but I want to see variety across the league.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:22 AM   #45
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Yeah, I hope the revised line limit doesn’t make people feel like they HAVE TO write 100 lines in champ matches or pigeon hole people into one particular type of writing. An epic story might need that many lines but good writing comes in many forms and some pieces might only need substantially less. Stories are good but I want to see variety across the league.
It may be wise to just let the writers agree if they’d like to agree to a bigger line limit in the contenders/champ match. I understand completely it would be an unfair advantage for somebody to write 20 lines then get blown away by someone who wrote a 100 line verse. And I know that was another problem with the line limit last time was people were writing good verses but just losing off the sheer line difference in the verses
Old 04-26-2022, 09:29 AM   #46
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

As a side note, these discussions are key to the league, this is what makes you a great host Ad. I know when I was running leagues I kinda took the opposite approach, kind of iron fist type enforcing all rules. I will say, there was one league where there just weren't enough people to justify champion/ contender matches. So I made that a 10 week season, with the final week pitting the two best records against each other to determine the regular season champ and the #1 seed in playoffs. I also tried to make it to so having a top 4 seed (home field advantage per say) those people I gave them each a pack of like 5 topics and they got to pick which one they wanted. I thought it worked, but was kind of weird, half of the top 4 seeds had me select topic, or competitor select topic regardless. As is with the amount of people showing, you may run into an issue down the road where a guy loses a contender match, thus shouldn't really be eligible for following weeks contender, however that would mean a guy winning with a 2-6 record would be forced into contenders match or the previous loser of contender would really be more deserving based off record. These are just thoughts I'm throwing out because it seems like raising discussion is really working bothb with keeping activity and actually refining the league as it is processing.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 04-26-2022, 11:00 AM   #47
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

@Adverse can you check your pm my good man.

@Dominate okay we can post tomorrow then, my verse could use some touching up.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:02 AM   #48
Eviction
Detained

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse View Post
It may be wise to just let the writers agree if they’d like to agree to a bigger line limit in the contenders/champ match. I understand completely it would be an unfair advantage for somebody to write 20 lines then get blown away by someone who wrote a 100 line verse. And I know that was another problem with the line limit last time was people were writing good verses but just losing off the sheer line difference in the verses
that happened to me where I posted day one and my opponent had a super extention or whatever, and he took advantage of that and did 100, and had a week and some change to make sure he had an absurd more number of lines than me.

there should be a set number of lines because there is no regulation like maybe my next opponent drops 30, and I put a 60 on him.

maybe make the line limit like the topic or a challenge, like say next week everyone has to drop 30 lines, then one week we have to drop closer to 60 or whatever.

it's probably to much to ask for the opponents to agree on a line limit, doing good to get participants in the first place.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:12 AM   #49
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

I can't do 60 lines though. My style I keep the lines short but I pack them with as much info as possible. So 60 for me is no filter so more like 100. I shouldn't say I can't, just don't enjoy nor have the time to put out 60 lines. To be honest, a big reason I keep mine short is I've been training to write 16 bars, which is a typical verse. But like I said, I am down for whatever, as always

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 04-26-2022, 02:46 PM   #50
Eviction
Detained

60 lines is just two 30 line verses at the end of the day., or 6 10 line verses.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:36 PM   #51
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

100 lines is just 10 ten line verses lol!

Old 04-26-2022, 08:12 PM   #52
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Last edited by Frank; 04-27-2022 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:49 PM   #53
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

yes
Old 04-26-2022, 09:01 PM   #54
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

No, Candy is the man to be frank.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:29 PM   #55
Candy
Sell Her

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

lol love you mr.. sexy my man yeh be nice frank hehe
Old 04-26-2022, 09:53 PM   #56
Eviction
Detained

I always thought candy was a girl
Old 04-26-2022, 10:01 PM   #57
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Pretty sure he's an adult man who gets off on pretending to be a teenaged girl...
Old 04-26-2022, 10:11 PM   #58
Candy
Sell Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviction View Post
I always thought candy was a girl
i am..

by character sexy
Old 04-26-2022, 10:11 PM   #59
Candy
Sell Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Pretty sure he's an adult man who gets off on pretending to be a teenaged girl...
only to faggots to faggots and faggots faggots
Old 04-26-2022, 10:56 PM   #60
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

TBC, if you’re gay and/or trans that’s fine. Fetishising being a teenage girl is absolutely not.