Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WHICH BEAT IS THE BEST?
1 3 30.00%
2 5 50.00%
3 2 20.00%
4 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default NETCEES MONTHLY BEAT BATTLE (#2)

SAMPLE USED

SUBMISSIONS

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED

VOTING CLOSES NEXT WEEKEND

G/L
Old 06-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

I listened to all. In my humble opinion my winner is number 1. Number 2 souded like a less crisp version of number 1. For me, number 3 was cool but the bass sounded too heavy and it hurt my speakers, and number 4 would have been cool without someone's drunk uncle slurring something from the card table over a can of natty ice.

MVGT number 1.

mad props to UH OH
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

1, cool, little simple with them drums and chops but i like the arrangement
2, i like these drums more, chops are more fluid, arrangement a little more emotional
3, haha word, i dig these trap drums but it feels unfinished without that main snare. chop is aight. needs one more element and a snare to fill up. cool tho
4, lol is this finny v. hush? chops are cool a little too choppy tho. drums straight

my vote is for 2
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
wasim
The Conqueror

wasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant future

1: dope beat, sounds like something the Alchemist would make. props.
2: damn, this shit is really good. Very fluid with the sample and the drums. Reminds me of that oldschool Kanye shit
3: a bit too loud, could've been done better in terms of the sampling.
4: like the choppy aspect of this beat. a bit too slow for my taste but i like it like it. lmao at the additional voice samples, +1 creativity for that

my vote goes to 2

good job everyone, salute to all my NCG'z everyone's a real winner
wasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

#1 was boring and repetitive
#2 was cool, sounds like some R&B shit
#3 was ambitious, but meh with shitty drums
#4 vocal layering was asscrack terrible. shits spotty. not feeling.

#2 wins.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #6
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

personally i liked 1 the best, then 4. one was the cleanest, while it was pretty simple i still found it pretty effective. 4 was dope with the usage of the finny and hush quotes, but the "verse" section of the beat couldve been tightened up chop wise. its got that triggered feel which works alot but i feel the tempo couldve better suited the length of the chops maybe if it was different i dunno. the mix on 2 was wack but it was what it was. i actually liked 3 but like booth pointed out it needs a big snare or clap in there, on the 2's and 4's. the drumwork was dope outside of that though. if i was voting on the attempt itd be between 4 and 3 for doing more, but 1 was the most effective to me as a beat by itself so it gets my vote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #7
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

LMFAO@4 was not expecting that. Super props for creativity.

I'm really upset I didn't sit with this again. I really liked this sample, too.

I give props to everyone because these were all really diverse.

1 was the crispiest, but I didn't like the chop patterns as much as any of the others.

2. was just too crunchy, just all over.... but i'm re-listening because i feel like i need to give it another go. yeah... you get way more creative with it later on and this beat really shines. overall, i feel like this is the best arrangement out of all them. but #3 came outta NOWHERE did most with the sample and also the least with it. contradicting i know, but it's hard to explain. still stick with #3.

3.... gotta be my favorite. This dude got me leaning over here. LOL this shit goes. A little more mixing would help a shit ton for this. This shit gooooooooes tho. LMFAO

4. You get mega fucking props, but it did kill your beat. I really dug the hook, but then when you killed everything the main "verse" i wasn't feeling as much.

Last edited by Finnydot; 06-25-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:42 PM   #8
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

this sample really sucked. but here we go.

1. this was decent. Some smaller chops. Drums needed some change ups....actually the whole beat did. You pretty much had a 4 bar loop on repeat for 2.5 mins which gets boring fast.

2. this was straight forward but was polished. Hat's kept the chops moving which beat 1 could learn from. I like the change up. Word this was straight forward but it's the most put together thus far. Mixing is pretty trash i can hear white noise on my end.

3. this is horrible. appreciate you trying to change it up but DUDE you're letting your bass kicks play on top of each other! you don't hear that when making it? Basically the bass kick has a tail of bass that is still playing while you play a new one. They need to cut each other off each time one is played.

4. Lot going on here at the beginning...and it's not working. The audio clip isn't meshing well. When you get into the actual beat it's better. The audio needs to have been left on the cutting room floor. But the beat isn't that bad. You had a few chops and had change ups. If you had busier drums with variations this would be clean.

vote - 2 pretty easily. It's the most polished with the space filled in where things should be.

Last edited by The Dead Poet; 06-25-2017 at 10:53 PM.
The Dead Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:29 AM   #9
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

Number 3 was amazing
Zaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #10
Tha Pastor Reach Yeah
Allan o dywyllwch

Battle Record: 10-0

Champed
- AOWL Season 7
- Art of Writing League

Tha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant future

1 - this sounded really nice, the chops were clean. It was well put put together but it does sound a bit like of a paint by numbers on-line beat. It sounds like what you'd find alot of if you're trawling sites like Soundclick for a beat. It was well put together, but it did sound a bit generic.

2 - I liked what you did with this. I think you made really good use of the sample. The beat was a bit funny to me. Like, I'd struggle to rap over it. But musically this was really good.

3 - the intro was probably the best bit, but I woulda liked the actual verse bit to have a bit more musically. The intro felt like a solid base but one that needed to be built on. The drums were a bit experimental and I'm not quite sure if they worked totally.

4 - A nice intro and the hook was really good. The chops for the verse didn't quite sound right for me. They jumped about a bit too much, but the hook was much better. The vocal samples worked well in the hook.

Tough one to call really, but I think that 2 was the most consistent and the most complete sounding, bringing together the samples and the chops and beats and making the best use of them imo.
Tha Pastor Reach Yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #11
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know how to judge this really but #1 sounds dope as fuck and yeahs it's a bit simple but my whole thing is this. Could picture a mainstream artist on this? Yes. Could I see this in an album? Yes. Is is possible for this beat to make it to radio? Maybe.

Didn't see that in the other beats.

2 was close.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:40 AM   #12
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uppin, current vote count is

1 - 4
2 - 5
3 - 2
4 - 0

also remember there is no guideline to voting. music is subjective and you are allowed to use whatever reasoning suits you for why you choose whatever you choose. whether its who you feel was more creative, who was more polished, who did the most whatever

thanks for all the votes so far

voting closes saturday and the next battle begins sunday, so if you haven't voted and plan on it, do so before then
Old 06-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #13
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

could this get stickied so i don't gotta bump it like some sleazy WHORE
Old 07-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #14
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

tonights the last night to vote homo's

get em in
Old 07-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #15
wasim
The Conqueror

wasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant future

word
wasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:57 PM   #16
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
tonights the last night to vote homo's

get em in
Well, if it's open tomorrow I got you. I'm pissy drunk, so technically I should be a good judge right now, but it's hard to listen to beats constantly going to fridge to get brewded

TUPAC SHAKUR
Adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:03 AM   #17
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

its midnight now

but i can extend it until i log on tomorrow. your west coast though so it will probably be before you are COGNIZANT either way lol

but word if anyone else, or on the offchance your around to vote before i declare it finished tomorrow go ahead and vote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:41 AM   #18
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

FINAL TALLY

1 - 4
2 - 5
3 - 2
4 - 0

PRETEND IM A MOD AND CLOSED THIS. THX