- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Matthew 27: 51-53
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #82
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Ok thought so, so what's the problem?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:53 PM   #83
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

the problem i have is multiple dead people rising from their graves and appearing to many people, yet somehow escaping all other historical accounts of that period, save for the bible, seems to be highly implausible. That would be the biggest historical event, EVER, and would not simply be neglected by all other lore.
philosophy.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #84
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Veritas. Calm down.

Read what I said.

You said the bible uses rounding.

I said

"31 would be rounding. 30 is well off."

The bible gives the circumference as 30, the diameter as 10.

The circumference of a circle with a diameter of 10, when rounded, is 31, not 30.

This is elementary level maths.

I am not claiming, nor have I ever claimed, that 3.14 rounds to 4.

Last edited by Dominate; 02-16-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:03 PM   #85
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Fuck u guys for debating this on a txt rap site
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #86
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Veritas. Calm down.

Read what I said.

You said the bible uses rounding.

I said

"31 would be rounding. 30 is well off."

The bible gives the circumference as 30, the diameter as 10.

The circumference of a circle with a diameter of 10, when rounded, is 31, not 30.
I didn't say the bible uses rounding. I said it could.

Now then....use your math skills to show how the answer is still pi. Prove the divinity of God and your math skills, human.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #87
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
the problem i have is multiple dead people rising from their graves and appearing to many people, yet somehow escaping all other historical accounts of that period, save for the bible, seems to be highly implausible. That would be the biggest historical event, EVER, and would not simply be neglected by all other lore.
Jesus rising from the dead is the biggest historical event. Where is his tomb? Where is hi's corpse? I have no problems with this not being reported in fact I expect it.

The problem with you is that you wouldn't believe though 1 rose from the dead....let alone many. See?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #88
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigger Jim View Post
I didn't say the bible uses rounding. I said it could.
And I showed that that was not a viable 'out' because a rounded figure for the circumference would be 31, not 30. It's OK to admit when you're wrong V. On this point you clearly are. It would behoove you to admit so.

Quote:
Now then....use your math skills to show how the answer is still pi. Prove the divinity of God and your math skills, human.

I see you've done some googling. You're referring now to the 'out' where the 10 cubits is measured on the inside of the circle and the 30 cubits is measured around the outside, and the width of the brim is chosen so that the ratio works out as something much closer to pi than 3.

Yes, you can make the math check out that way, but I think it's very odd to give one dimension measured inside and the other mentioned outside.

Also, now it's you who is flip-flopping - you WERE claiming that Hiram COULDN'T make a circle that was this close to perfect. You seemed pretty sure.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:44 PM   #89
veritas
HALL OF FAME

@Dominate I was just saying that the 3 you brought up could have been rounded. With just the numbers 3 x 10 = 30. I get the whole 3.14 equals 31. We were just talking about 2 diff things.

I said that nothing would be perfect if a man made it bc YOU were trying to say that this was an imperfect measurment.

A simple Google search shows no flip flopping....rather you grasping at straws and jumping to conclusions before you studied the end of the matter.

You are the mathematician....explain to these good people how the HANDBREATH you forgot to mention was the distance between the inner and outer aND how it rectifie's the pi.

As for flip flopping no. I never flip flop. I just want to see if you know any thing. I wanted to try to reason with you to determine y I ur agenda.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #90
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Quote:
Jesus rising from the dead is the biggest historical event. Where is his tomb? Where is hi's corpse? I have no problems with this not being reported in fact I expect it.

The problem with you is that you wouldn't believe though 1 rose from the dead....let alone many. See?
nah bro. one rising from the dead is understandably easy to write off by a lot of people. but a horde of walking dead, isnt something people ignore or miss. where is socrates tomb? was he ressurected also?
philosophy.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:49 PM   #91
veritas
HALL OF FAME

It's in greece, bro. And really....Jesus was seen by 500 people the bible says after he resurrected. That isn't reported.

I am sure historical anecdotes of it have been lost. The point is that all the other events surrounding his death and redirection WERE recorded and I showed you and you forgot. Or chose to ignore it.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:52 PM   #92
veritas
HALL OF FAME

@Dominate

Please teach us the math...so that other's can see your error.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:12 PM   #93
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
@Dominate I was just saying that the 3 you brought up could have been rounded. With just the numbers 3 x 10 = 30. I get the whole 3.14 equals 31. We were just talking about 2 diff things.
Sorry, it doesn't work V.

The bible *implies* the number 3, it doesn't explicitly state it like it does 10 and 30, so you can't claim that 3 has been rounded, only 10 or 30. And, 10 and 30 are still incorrect with rounding.

Quote:
I said that nothing would be perfect if a man made it bc YOU were trying to say that this was an imperfect measurment.
You were saying that the wonky circle described was the best a man could do in those days.

That was the first thing you claimed and the point you stuck to until very recently - you were asking me to paint my yard with the best circle I could to try to prove that although Hiram's circle wasn't perfect, it was nonetheless impressive.

ONLY now you're talking about how the width of the brim could come into it and how that could render a circle that's pretty close to perfect.

Which is absolutely fine - just admit that you didn't initially have the correct interpretation.

Quote:
A simple Google search shows no flip flopping....rather you grasping at straws and jumping to conclusions before you studied the end of the matter.

You are the mathematician....explain to these good people how the HANDBREATH you forgot to mention was the distance between the inner and outer aND how it rectifie's the pi.
I don't think the people are interested in the details lol. But yes, it's true - if you take 10 cubits as the inside diameter, 30 cubits as the outside circumference, and allow for a certain width of the brim, you can get the circumference to diameter ratio to equal 3.14ish.

Again though, it's weird to give one inside dimension and one outside dimension.

The oval shape explanation is more viable IMO. I think it's out of place that the shape wouldn't be better described if that was the case, but it seems less forced than measuring one inside dimension and one outside dimension.

Quote:
As for flip flopping no. I never flip flop. I just want to see if you know any thing. I wanted to try to reason with you to determine y I ur agenda.
Clearly I know some things. Math for example.

I told you my "agenda" many posts ago.

And I believe you HAVE flip-flopped. Or at least let's say you've changed tact. You were sure you had the right explanation/interpretation in your very first post. Now your explanation/interpretation is different.

You have used science/reason to help you interpret the bible. :)
Old 02-16-2016, 10:18 PM   #94
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

What's sad is this thread represents like 30% of all Netcees activity.

That is what is sad.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:18 PM   #95
veritas
HALL OF FAME

So will you say that what you learned from the bible is that pi = 3
14?
Old 02-16-2016, 10:20 PM   #96
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Nigger Jim is like that guy in school, everyone knows the one, that is always talking about shit but is retarded.

Like, the retarded person in the school.
Could you find me?
Old 02-16-2016, 10:24 PM   #97
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
So will you say that what you learned from the bible is that pi = 3
14?
No...?

There were better approximations to Pi a long time before the bible.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #98
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Dominate is the math teacher.
Could you find me?
Old 02-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #99
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Who are you Dan?
Old 02-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #100
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Sorry, it doesn't work V.

The bible *implies* the number 3, it doesn't explicitly state it like it does 10 and 30, so you can't claim that 3 has been rounded, only 10 or 30. And, 10 and 30 are still incorrect with rounding.

You were saying that the wonky circle described was the best a man could do in those days.

That was the first thing you claimed and the point you stuck to until very recently - you were asking me to paint my yard with the best circle I could to try to prove that although Hiram's circle wasn't perfect, it was nonetheless impressive.

ONLY now you're talking about how the width of the brim could come into it and how that could render a circle that's pretty close to perfect.

Which is absolutely fine - just admit that you didn't initially have the correct interpretation.

I don't think the people are interested in the details lol. But yes, it's true - if you take 10 cubits as the inside diameter, 30 cubits as the outside circumference, and allow for a certain width of the brim, you can get the circumference to diameter ratio to equal 3.14ish.

Again though, it's weird to give one inside dimension and one outside dimension.

The oval shape explanation is more viable IMO. I think it's out of place that the shape wouldn't be better described if that was the case, but it seems less forced than measuring one inside dimension and one outside dimension.

Clearly I know some things. Math for example.

I told you my "agenda" many posts ago.

And I believe you HAVE flip-flopped. Or at least let's say you've changed tact. You were sure you had the right explanation/interpretation in your very first post. Now your explanation/interpretation is different.

You have used science/reason to help you interpret the bible. :)
You just missed the hand breath measurment bro. It was an honest mistake. Your agenda made you miss it. I told you a few posts back that if God built it it would he perfect and if Hiram built it it wouldn't be....I don't know. But I do know that you were wrong about pi being 3.

I just wanted you to learn how to study the bible. For truth. Not agenda. See?

Now then....please man up and change the thread title to today I learned that the bible says pi equals 3.14.

Then read that book I sent you.

I love you. Good night. Until next time.

Shout out to pancake brah

Tags
arms 2 short 2 reach about god, christians suck at math, jesus had 2 dads n ended up ok, new testament = torah fanfic, scientology rulez, thread backfire!