- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah of course!!!
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #102
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

lars and vulgar screwed me in the same fucking week else I woulda had it

still coming for it
Old 10-15-2015, 07:18 PM   #103
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dog View Post
i like YDK's idea, but feel like it's not complicated enough to hold everyone's interest. We need something much more convoluted and mindnumbing to keep members active.

What if we had an Elements type tournament where you had to write one verse an hour every hour for a week?

It would alternate: topical, battle, swag and flow, tag battle, tag and flow, live webcam beatbox slam, flag sew, battle, floral swagtropic, tropical sag bros. Entry fee is $210, everyone PayPals me to get a spot. You can put in less than $210, but if you do I flip a coin and if it's tails I keep your money. Then we shuffle everyone's entry bids around and rank them by proportion of the donor's bank account, and make teams.

Top income bracket (Team Diode) must perform their webcam beatbox jamboree in seersucker overalls in front of paisley wallpaper. If you don't have paisley wallpaper you can do paisley bodypaint. Second income tier is the Focus Group Namix P.A.C.T. Subroutine, your team color is Lexmark Printer Beige and you must speak in bullshit Silicon Valley neo-Buddhist truisms. Every time one of your team members is caught being non-PC your groups line limit is halved from 'historic Namix', which is 1068 lines. Any post not containing one of the following phrases: pawtna, brotha, vibes-- is grounds for immediate disqualification.

After the P.A.C.T. we have NYCSPITZ's paygrade, AKA the NYU Supersenior Commuter Students. No one takes you seriously financially, so just write about samurai ninja fuckfests or some bullshit.

Lastly we have Uh-Oh's dirt brigade. You are regrettably too poor to afford a team name or any device capable of capturing motion pictures so you can forward your beatbox raps via payphone, I'll host it on Soundclick and we'll spam links for it to your wholesale upholstery business's clientele.

If you don't have a job and are Muff, buy-in will be a dingy wifebeater selfie in the high school yearbook wank room of an Armenian oil rig.

The way battles will take place is that every two hours you are assigned an ethnic background by me. You must post threads and topics in the Discussion forum to determine which members are of different races. Hate speech will be condoned, unless you are a contributing moderator and then Hush will ban you on sight. Once you determine which members are of your race, PM a mod and post a thread to racebait all competing AND non-competing members. First person to reply is dubbed King Karaoke and must adopt one (1) played gimmick for the remainder of the tournament. At this point battles may move forward.

If you fall asleep at any time during the tournament, you will be put in North Dakota. The only way to escape is to drink a fifth of Maker's Mark and make regrettable choices on social media.

Topical battles will be entirely choose your own topics. Recycling is encouraged. Regardless of what you post, writer with the better reputation wins. These are considered "breather battles" because you don't really have to say anything in your vote to indicate you read the verses. Battlers who complain must wear dunce caps for all remaining beatbox video spotlight knockarounds (Dunce caps stack so be prepared)

Swag and flow battles will be thinly veiled judgments on the competitor's streetness. Votes must be conducted in the following format:

Every loss is one strike. When you get six strikes you can buy back in at Uh-Oh's net income. If you have five strikes and it's noon, your battle rotation shifts forward one compared to your opponent. None of this will be tracked and if we don't already know your username you probably won't win.

If at any point your shame becomes unbearable, you may create a tearful goodbye thread in Disc and ghost for six days before returning.

At the end of the week, we will host an impromptu battle cypher that will automatically count as a win, unless you have more posts in it than Chyeahhh. The tourney will conclude and no one will be happy.

First place gets one quarter of the pot + an accomp. Second place gets a third of the pot + a wallet picture of Diode's boat. Third place gets a dry handjob from YDK's estranged Tinder baby mama. Last place will be Amen and we won't acknowledge it until he forces our hand.

Tourney will be run by Strikta for six minutes until he loses interest, then by YDK with Sharp as damage control/ designated explainer of tough words. There will be a mag posted every 7 minutes but it will be written entirely in gangland semaphore.

Questions?
@Dr Dog

Come back!

I have reps getting dusty over ere
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:52 AM   #104
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
Yeah of course!!!
Well then I'm satisfied lol didn't expect to get the 1-2 so the other 2 are good enough
Old 10-31-2023, 12:49 PM   #105
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Last edited by Frank; 10-31-2023 at 01:26 PM.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get a boner-snap it in half, go to wendys-order nothing, humpty dumpty aka lars, humpty dumpty sat on a wall