Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 11-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #41
Water

Water is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin View Post
ok so in the above post you say that you have answered my question, but didn't. then you state your personal beliefs as proof of God's nonexistence.

carry on.

I never said I answered a question. Additionally, I am not using personal beliefs for anything. I believe that there is something out there.

Now if you're saying that I don't believe that Jesus Christ is the only true savior of man and this earth then yes I guess I am. To be clear I don't believe that the Christian God is the only God or the true God.

One clear scientific fact is that the earth is not flat, yet in the bible there are plenty of references to the earth being flat. The bible like any other book or teaching of a God had its time and place, but as humans evolve in their thinking so does our idea of God.
Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #42
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water View Post
I never said I answered a question. Additionally, I am not using personal beliefs for anything. I believe that there is something out there.

Now if you're saying that I don't believe that Jesus Christ is the only true savior of man and this earth then yes I guess I am. To be clear I don't believe that the Christian God is the only God or the true God.

One clear scientific fact is that the earth is not flat, yet in the bible there are plenty of references to the earth being flat. The bible like any other book or teaching of a God had its time and place, but as humans evolve in their thinking so does our idea of God.

You are *flat out* wrong. The book of job 6000 years ago talks about earth as a globe...not flat.

This is what I am talking about. You diss Christianity but obv knlw nothing of it. And refuse to learn. Foolishness
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #43
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mind Assassin View Post
What about the bible has been proven scientifically innacurate?

Also....show me one example of mutation causing a superior effect....never. mutations produce inferiorities. Look at inbred rednecks. This is not the x men.

Serious question - if I write a 30 paragraph response to this - and you can ask anyone who knows me - I will -

Are you actually going to read it? or just say tl;dr like detour, and practically every other person who gets into debates with me online?

Because if that's the case, I'm just going to save myself the time of typing one, and ultimately we're both going to walk away from this thinking the exact same way we would have thought if I responded in the first place. Because we both know that this isn't an open-minded conversation
Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #44
Water

Man not only did I grow up Catholic I taught Sunday School and discussed the bible with several priests and nuns at length. I have read the bible front to back I would say over 10 times. So to say I know nothing about Christianity is as ignorant as it gets.

Furthermore you're missing my point completely here. I'm not bashing Christianity, I am saying that it needs to evolve or it die. Do some research on God's prior to Jesus and or the bible's believed origin. See how many "Christ" like images there were in other beliefs.

Again my point is that we need evolve our though process on religion as we have evolved in other areas. To simply believe the Bible is the only thing real in this world is flat out stupid.

The problem can be seen here. You're so hell bent on proving or standing up to your beliefs it closes the door to other possibilities. I was too for a long time, due to the fear that Christianity uses to dictate believes and my own ego to believe everything I know is right.

Look around the Church and Christianity are controlling governing bodies obsessed with power and money not love and peace.

For your reference:

Mathew4:8
Once again, the devil took him to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world [cosmos] in their glory.”

Daniel 4:10
the king “saw a tree of great height at the centre of the earth...reaching with its top to the sky and visible to the earth's farthest bounds.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #45
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Those passages prove nothing lolzord. Look at how terrible you are defending your point.

You have no idea as to why you believe what you do nor no understanding of the opposite side...you are intellectually unbalanced.

Try again.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #46
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
Serious question - if I write a 30 paragraph response to this - and you can ask anyone who knows me - I will -

Are you actually going to read it? or just say tl;dr like detour, and practically every other person who gets into debates with me online?

Because if that's the case, I'm just going to save myself the time of typing one, and ultimately we're both going to walk away from this thinking the exact same way we would have thought if I responded in the first place. Because we both know that this isn't an open-minded conversation

I could say the same thing. Only after I refute it you wont change your mind lol...so your call.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #47
Water

So you're telling me that in a round world you could see the entire thing from the top of a tree.
I have yet to see you back up anything about the Bible being 100% factual.

You're argument is you need no agreement because its the bible. Well I was taught that Santa was real he has thousands of books talking about his north pole palace and his workshop.

Can you provide me proof (scientific) that he is not real?

And what exactly is the opposite side of my belief you refer to here?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #48
Water

Old 11-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #49
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Battle Record: 0-1

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
God is disproven
Old 11-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #50
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #51
Water

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

When I read this, I started seeing images of Morgan Freeman narrating a Planet Earth/Discovery Channel video about dolphins.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #52
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I read this, I started seeing images of Morgan Freeman narrating a Planet Earth/Discovery Channel video about dolphins.
Hitchhiker's.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #53
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

(Isaiah 40:22) There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell,
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #54
...the Nagger

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

(Job 26:10) He has described a circle on the surface of the waters to the boundary of light with darkness.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #55
Water

Old 11-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #56
Water

Last edited by Water; 11-14-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #57
...the Nagger

Quote:
Yeah, No. There's Billions of planets, inside Billions of Solar Systems, inside Billions of Galaxies, in what could potentially be billions of universes. Billions of which have the potential to harbor life, which ironically never gets mentioned in the bible, because this....all of this...is all about you.
Cuz he can do that dude, he's God

he's a multidimensional being, if you even wanna call it that. he created the dimensions to begin with.

he can stand on a billion planets at the same "time", you know that right?

how does having billions of other planets with life prove anything? serious question.

so since he made others, he couldn't have made us?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #58
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
so since he made others, he couldn't have made us?
If you're willing to admit that there is life outside of Earth, you're immediately writing off creationism, as well as every single religion on this planet which was also conceived during the times of a geocentric paradigm where everything was written and designed to be solely about humans, and their significance in the universe. At which point, congratulations, you've found logic. You're now on the same side that I am

I never said that God doesn't exist - my argument is against religion. Yes, the notion of a God and life outside of earth can co-exist

but the notion of christianity and life outside of earth cannot.

you can now return to watching dolphins masturbate
Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #59
...the Nagger

Quote:
If you're willing to admit that there is life outside of Earth, you're immediately writing off creationism, as well as every single religion on this planet which was also conceived during the times of a geocentric paradigm where everything was written and designed to be solely about humans, and their significance in the universe. At which point, congratulations, you've found logic. You're now on the same side that I am

I never said that God doesn't exist - my argument is against religion. Yes, the notion of a God and life outside of earth can co-exist

but the notion of christianity and life outside of earth cannot.

you can now return to watching dolphins masturbate
I honestly don't understand your logic. How is believing in alien beings writing off religion?

and also, you wrote a pretty lengthy response just now with no answer to my question within it.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #60
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
I honestly don't understand your logic. How is believing in alien beings writing off religion?

and also, you wrote a pretty lengthy response just now with no answer to my question within it.
that is his M.O. glad you caught it. all these cats are the same. they demand answers from you. then they attack you and call you stupid etc, when they themselves NEVER answer even the simplest of questions with anything but conjecture, personal opinion and more questions.