Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > NETCEES GIMMICK TOURNAMENT 2018 > Archives

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
For Battling

Battle Record: 11-6

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future
Default Round 1: The Punisher vs. Daredevil - DAREDEVIL WINS

Tournament Rules

1. YOU MUST VOTE ON ALL BATTLES INCLUDING YOUR OWN!!!

2. You will post your vote on your normal name, and explain your vote. Please let’s not be complete lazy bastards and drop dog shit votes, put some effort into that shit. When you vote on your own battle, try not to make it so obvious as to who you are - personally idc but it’s for your own benefit tbh.

3. Minimum line limit is 10 / Maximum is 16

4. ONLY ONE EXTENSION ALLOWED PER BATTLER! NO EXCEPTIONS! You will have ample amounts of time each week to post your verses, all battles will always be posted on time and on schedule, no excuses. So if you need an extension, PM a mod, don’t post in your thread.

5. Battles will be set on Sunday night or Monday morning. Verses will be due by Friday night. Voting will end on Sunday.

- NO BITING
- NO RECYCLING
- NO CHEATING
- NO SWAYING

The Punisher

Daredevil

Last edited by For Battling; 11-12-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
For Battling

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future

THE PUNISHER HAS CHECKED IN
Old 11-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
For Battling

DAREDEVIL HAS CHECKED IN & SENT 10
Old 11-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
For Battling

The Punishers Verse:

U need Drugs if u think ur not bottom-tier, the field ur in is nothin but slow kids
Cuz if we're talking about DARE Class, it's filled w/ nothing but pre-teens who don't know shit
U aint making it out the first round, Ima off this lame bastard
The only time we'll say 'Dare lived' is by spelling the 2nd half of his name backwards
Mathew Murdock a gangsta? Nah... Hoes are lost like who's he?
Only shortys claiming that 'Double M G' are some Maybach Music & Ross groupies
U aint DC Standard so sit down, don't play - ya words are fraud n' so gay
This Marv'll come w/ more forced shit than an orc-ward & gauntlet wordplay
Ur suit is the whackest of them all, even ur tailor had trouble w/ seams on the vest
Cuz fat sluts doing cosplay is the only time ur w/ a bitch w/ Double D's on her Chest
Old 11-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #5
For Battling

Daredevils Verse:

Aiyyo
frankly u scared, whole family dyin’ left u sad with despair
now ur forced to live w/ this loss even longer than u had been with theirs
mob blasted ‘em square infront of u, left the bodies ‘n then bounced
..the Costa agents served up three flat whites that left u frothin’ at the mouth..
i got sonic superpowers, u’ve just a gun so big SMACK rappers be cursin’ crazy
the renegades M16 overshadowed his whole career wayyy worse than Jay-Zs
first you Navy Seal then agent S.H.I.E.L.D? still gettin’ beat to a pulp
ur logos seen the result.. two black eyes & only 3 remaining teeth in ur skull
miss me w/ ur bullshit, talkin’ grimey like ur lord almighty
..they said u’d been an ex-marine but Im the one leavin’ the Corps behind me..
Old 11-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #6
For Battling

U need Drugs if u think ur not bottom-tier, the field ur in is nothin but slow kids
Cuz if we're talking about DARE Class, it's filled w/ nothing but pre-teens who don't know shit
ok
The only time we'll say 'Dare lived' is by spelling the 2nd half of his name backwards
decent lol
nahhh
did you really use that orc-ward shit from the hate mag on RB? Lol smh
Ur suit is the whackest of them all, even ur tailor had trouble w/ seams on the vest
Cuz fat sluts doing cosplay is the only time ur w/ a bitch w/ Double D's on her Chest
this was cool I liked it

Vs

Aiyyo
nice, the personal connection made this even better, that’s what this is all about
..the Costa agents served up three flat whites that left u frothin’ at the mouth.
you lost me here tbh
not feelin
fuckin dope
nice again, good shit

I got Daredevil here in a shutout tbh. Punisher your verse wasn’t bad, but was better as a regular text verse. You had one of the easiest gimmicks to diss considering daredevil is blind, dead parents, etc..

Daredevil made much better use of dissing his opponents character. Citing actual references from punishers actual character such as his opener and last 2 bars. Dope shit. Good battle here.

Vote Daredevil
Old 11-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #7
John Dillinger

Battle Record: 8-7

Accomplishments
-NBL Pic Roast

Champed
-Netcees Writers League

John Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by For Battling View Post
Daredevils Verse:

Aiyyo
Cool
..the Costa agents served up three flat whites that left u frothin’ at the mouth..
Nah
Cool
Cool
Doesn’t work for me, corps doesn’t sound like corpse
Quote:
The Punishers Verse:

Clever
Tight
Cool
Funny
I dig this

Daredevil had a couple cool bars but I think Punisher had the more consistent verse
Old 11-15-2018, 07:53 PM   #8
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Battle Record: 13-6

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future

(This had potential but the diss didn’t really go anywhere. I saw where you were going with DARE class but bottom tier and ‘preteens who don’t know shit’ is a weak association)

(This is okay. One one end it’s kinda creative. But then there needs to be something to tie into ‘lived’ (like a set up bout killing him). Then there needs to be some sort of reason or set up for spelling his name backwards)

(Pretty good concept. Fairly creative. I think your wording on the punch held this back slightly. You coulda used M-M-G instead of double M G and it woulda been less wordy and worked the same. I think you over worded the Mayback Music and Ross groupies part as well)

(My b but I’m missing the reference and just not getting the punch on this one. Went over my head)

(Cool I like the angle. The bar by itself wasn’t crazy but I think you did a good job of really attacking the gimmick and it’s like it builds on the previous bar. Didn’t have any genetics bars - all of them were direct and it’s cool that you kept it up for the whole verse)

Aiyyo

(Alright I like this. The personal angle is nice. The punch was simple but pretty effective. Only critique is i personally think you should mention him losing or something in the set up to make the punch easier to get)

(I haven’t seen any of the marvel tv shows just the movies so I don’t get this one. Did my best to google it but i don’t get the reference)

(My nigga this is fire. I liked the set up - it was funny. The em 16 renegade flip was crazy. Dope bar)

(Yeah this is nice too. You going in right now. Worded nice and flowed well. I like the personal touch in the set up then using his logo as the punch)

(This is a good concept. Corps is pronounced core so its a bit of a stretch but I’ll give it a g pass because that’s how a lot of people pronounce it. Nice flip though and good the personal touch adds to it)

I really enjoyed this and like the battle but I got Daredevil taking this one pretty comfortably. Punished had a good verse. The concepts were nice and he used his opponents gimmick throughout the battle which was pretty dope. Wording wasn’t always crisp though which really stood out compared to Daredevil’s and he needed a haymaker or two to make this closer.

Daredevil had a fire verse to me. Nigga was low key spazzing. I think he had better personal flips and angles which is pretty impressive because I feel punished isn’t that popular. That renegade bar was crazy to me and everything else (besides the bar I didn’t get) was at the very least “good”.

Dope verse and enough to take a fairly comfortable win.

Mvgt Daredevil
Old 11-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #9
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

decent nameplay
should've removed 'by' in the second line... cool nameplay tho creativity is solid
multi's are off which hurt the flow for me, like the concept tho on the double M play
don't get this sorry
lol, the whole double d nameplay / tit reference is very overdone but this was done well & is very applicable for a tourney like this so I dig it

Vs

Aiyyo
lol, dunno why but this comes across HARD imo.. good wording, strong open
..the Costa agents served up three flat whites that left u frothin’ at the mouth.
I get the three flat whites in relation to his wife and kids layed out, but yeah sorry missing the rest of the connection here... search didn't help tbh
u've just a gun so big? reads weird, cool punch tho with the tie in to the Em verse and the character
dope
nice finisher, good tie in the charcter played w/p aside , can be over-looked in this case

Cool battle and fun read. both were pretty solid throughout & had one bar I didn't quite completely wrap my head around ... I actually think this was pretty close, but I think the Punisher Logo line sealed the W for Dare Devil... in a close match that was creative & botb to me so I have DD edging it... props to both
-kungfugrip
Old 11-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #10
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Daredevils Verse:

Aiyyo

great wording and nice personal attack line

I’m prolly the only one who got that the mob who killed his family were the Costa mob, but I fuck with it hardbody

LOTB

creative here even if it didn’t really punch with sting

corps rhymes for me, not sure what other voters are saying tbh

Quote:
The Punishers Verse:

nice

hated this backwards shit. if it was gonna be backwards the Dare should have been too IMHO. this was a Dhalsim reach for a concept loooool

cool, felt it could have been cleaner though

would be dope had he done that for real

second “double” and a letter line within 10 lines prolly hurt you here

i got Dare Devil winning comfy in a good battle, just better wording and haymakers all round
Old 11-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #11
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

Punisher had the closer and the 'lived' lines, being nice here though coz they werent haymakers just okays. Daredevils whole verse worked for me. Great verse, hard to beat.

DD takes it easy
Old 11-18-2018, 10:40 PM   #12
Qualm
on posting probation

Battle Record: 0-1

Qualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant futureQualm has a brilliant future

This was cool & kinda funny. No complaints

Nah, I adamantly oppose these name reversal or anagram type lines 100% of the time

This was a cool concept, just didn't really have much of a sting to it

Not digging this

Nah, the whole double D type wordplay is just overdone in general. You definitely could've done something more creative than that.

vs

Not feeling it tbh

you doing coffee bars idk seems weird to me

yeah this was dope

this was cool

solid closer

punisher started strong and got gradually worse, daredevil started kinda weak and got more consistent. One big difference maker is that daredevil seems to have a better handle on picking the right wording that puts a sting on it, so even when his concepts aren't really hitting, they're still somewhat effective. But if there was any question to which way I was voting, the M16 line was the deciding factor

Vote - Dare Devil
Old 11-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #13
King Karaoke
Stackin' wins...

Battle Record: 61-20

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (6x)
- Netcees Gimmick Tournament

King Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant futureKing Karaoke has a brilliant future

Hi...

this was creative. your other lines missed.

solid verse. Very consistent.

Vote- DD...

Bye...

Orc | ill nik-A | Sn00p | King Karaoke
Old 11-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #14
For Battling

Daredevil Wins 8-0
Closed Thread