White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Default Why would anyone want to be a serious rapper nowadays..

..seriously though. Buncha clowns with face paint. High and dumb. Getting killed and fed time. Turning snitch. What part of the game is any of this? Wtf. Nothing appealing about being a rapper anymore. At least back in yhe 90s during the thug era people had a code. It was smooth. Gangsta. Inteligent. Now its full blast retard and bright colors. No loyalty. Just wack. Why be involved in this non sense? Stay as far away as possible imo

Fuck the rap game man
Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 AM   #2
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

these guys poisoning the culture rn are a dying breed tho

last year was the strongest year in hip hop in a decade imho and it was BECAUSE of these piece of shit garbage rappers

you have to let the culture fall before it can rise

theyre all being revealed ....21 sav a fucking brit lol....69 a snitch....the whole mumble era going out in a blaze....it was only ever a trend destined for short lived acclaim anyhow

stay true geno the game is thriving...its just over saturated....main stream hip hop will take on a new form during this year or the next....but the spirit is still thriving and easy enough to locate if youre looking in the right places
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Battle Record: 17-7

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post

last year was the strongest year in hip hop in a decade imho and it was BECAUSE of these piece of shit garbage rappers

theyre all being revealed ....21 sav a fucking brit lol....69 a snitch....the whole mumble era going out in a blaze....it was only ever a trend destined for short lived acclaim anyhow

stay true geno the game is thriving...its just over saturated....main stream hip hop will take on a new form during this year or the next....but the spirit is still thriving and easy enough to locate if youre looking in the right places
Great post here
BodySnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #4
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Mainstream hip hop has been mainstream hip hop as long as i can remember. While there was no limit and cash money into the laffy taffys and petey pablos into theblah blah to mumble rap to etc

Before i was sentient enough to follow it there was plenty of wack shit too in the early 90s

Every era has dope people that make it through

There were like two pockets of time when the dopest shit was actually dope. LL/run dmc in the 80s and biggie and pac in the mid 90s

Every other era had immense heaps of trash rising to the top

You are just old and out of touch with what is dope to 13 year olds and think what was dope when you were impressionable is what everything should be. Its life
Old 02-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post

Ya i guess you have a point bro. I cant really argue here. I guess i made this thread based on pure reaction instinct and didnt really think it through. Seeing the 21 savage shit and the whole 69 and xxxtentacion shit ..smh. Build and deatroy as they say. Thanks dog.

One of these days soon. Cant lie. I been getting the itch. Almost hopped on that bw track he needed someone for ..but one day soon i might even try it again for fun. I just havnt had the encouragement.

I mean last year was dope. But even saying that it was still lacking something for me idk. It was the old Gs that made it dope imo. But they aint go as hard as i know they can all except maybe pusha. His shit was nuts imho. But royces shit was meh. Nas shit was "ok". Kanye was meh. Eminems kamakaze was dope. Its just all missing something. I mean i used to get the chills when a new nas or em joint was dropping and now im like man. Idk. But none of the new cats do that for me. So maybe its just me. Idk. Maybe i need to dig in instead of just "knowing" its all doodoo when it might not be. Idk. But thanks
Old 02-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
Geno
White Earl

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Now soljia boy accused of kidnapping smh. Wth.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2019/02/s...etter_15906846
Old 02-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #7
DMS
DMS—Diddled My Stick

DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS

Maybe for a shit ton of cash and some fame
DMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #8
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future

Lol @ Soulja kidnapping people now

Rapping started out as a hobby, then people around me convinced me to make more of it, then it became a SERIOUS hobby. But of course that faded back down to just another hobby that I rarely delve into...

I never wanted to get mainstream famous, but at one point I did want to become a mid tier underground force. That never happened but I did receive the satisfaction of gaining accolades from my peers. Which ended up being all I needed.

I'm more career minded nowadays. And because of it I'm actually making my way up the food chain at my job, which bore much more personal satisfication.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:36 PM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i started making beats because of the uninformed rumors when you're a youth of people getting 1 million dollars per beat. dre/storch/timbaland etc

then i realized how difficult it was. so i started learning. in learning i realized how dope so many people were who were nobodies. in becoming respectively average i learned along the way my hero's made around 5k a beat if they got on a legit album and maybe some royalties as well if they actually produced the track.

the i turned 18 and realized it was a hobby, but i remember dave chappelle saying on inside the actors studio that when he told his pops he wanted to be a comedian his pops was like wtf, you can't be eddie murphy, but i think his pops was a teacher? and he was like i don't need to be eddie murphy, if i'm a comedian that earns a teachers salary i'd be happy with that cuz im doing what i love

so i was like word word. if i could make 20-50k a year i would be beyond happy.

my entire process changed. i began viewing making beats as a chore. since i got the hang of it a little bit, the end goal changed from "lemme make something that makes sense" to "lemme make something i think is dope in the hope others think its dope" to "aight i make stuff people think is dope, lemme make stuff people think is dope and will pay for"

CREATIVE PROCESS DESTROYED

it was then i did the free beat tapes, which hit with more success than i initially thought. hundreds of thousands of plays/streams, thousands of downloads. but my whole thought was i made all this shit i can't sell it, lemme just give it away. it also hit when blogs were everything. and i was put on a decent amount of those.

but yea i just never got the joy out of it after receiving those minor successes because it was all an illusion anyways. just because people like your stuff means NOTHING. its the same dopamine hit i get when someone i respect on twitter likes one of my tweets. its fleeting. i get more pleasure listening back on shit i forgot i made than shit that either made me money or garnered some type of respect. because who cares

but basically i wrote this novel with the intention of pointing out the only way to make money is to perform, or be massively dope and known, leaps and bounds above your peers, and even then, if you don't perform you're making that teachers salary anyways. but in making that teachers salary you don't realize you've turned what you love into something you hate

thats why i rarely even dabble in it. theres a mountain of shit feelings to wade through to even begin. what was a fun hobby became muddled and ruined by self delusions, and even viewing it as a hobby doesn't matter anymore, because of that moment in my teen years where i wired my brain into thinking it was more than a hobby

godspeed
Old 02-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #10
Immolate
I'm UPset

Immolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant future

i dont wanna be a rapper i just am

shit just comes outta ya cuz you got something to say.

i wouldnt wanna be a famous rapper unless it was MF Doom style tho thats for sure. too many haters tryna pull up
Old 02-05-2019, 05:40 AM   #11
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

I'm to the point no ones perfect do what you want just be good at what you choose to do
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facts, failed audio rapper itt