Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > King of the Spring > Archive > 1-2 Punch League > Archive

User Tag List

Old 09-29-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Battle Record: 13-6

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future
Default SEMI FINALS MAG: OFF THE STRENGTH OF THE MUSCLE

INTRO

3 weeks into the playoffs and still no Zelph lol.

Despite that, Round 2 was excellent and the playoff field is now wide open with Cashius and Blue boyh being knocked out.

The semis will have a Rookies vs Vets feel, although not the matchups that you were probably expecting.

Body and myself still have a lot to prove and will be looking to add to the list of accomplisments we've racked up in our first year on Netcees.

Amen will be looking his return from retirement as a battler with a 1-2 Punch Championship under his belt. Lastly, Des an established veteran will be looking to add to his already decorated career.

Battle Reviews

Jabari Black vs Plot

This was a nice battle here. It turned out to be closer than I expected.

I decided to use a cement truck/barrel spinning flip. Plot decided to go fire with fire and dropped a gun bar as well. It was pretty good line with a gun repeating/stuttering problem flip.

I think the execution was the difference maker here. The imagery in the set up of my punch seemed to resonate with voters. I think if Plot would have tweaked his set up a bit and added in some clever tie ins, he might have secured the dub.

I ended up squeaking out the win in the end.

Destroyer vs Cashius

Two vets went to war in this one and the result might have come as a minor surprise to some. Cashius came into the match as the champ and the favorite, but if you pay attention to Destroyer, he’s had his best bars against his best opponents.

Both guys came with punches that had personal elements to them. Des had a nice punch pretty much calling a Cash a racist with a tiki torch flip. Cashius had a a stick and can flip about fucking Des’s wife but that tied in a personal about Des not liking gun bars.

Both punches tied in two concepts to one but Des did it cleaner. Des’s punch was concise and the personal angle really hit and felt relevant. Cash had a nice concept but I don’t think he executed the punch as well as Des.

I thought the battle was good but Des ended up taking the battle pretty comfortably, knocking out a playoff favorite in the process.

Blue Bayou vs Amen

In last week’s mag, Amen gave me some push back on calling his win against Flow an “upset”. There’s was no question here...this was a HUGE upset.

Both guys went with really intricate bars here. I enjoy intricate bars so I enjoyed this battle.

Blue had a name flip that was also a flip on the Egyptian god Ra. I really liked the reference and I think the bar was really creative. Amen had a “Blue in be face” flip that was worded really well with some subtle tie ins and a good set up.

This battle is very debatable and was extremely close in votes. I think it came down preference. I also think Blue’s reference might not have resonated with other voters as well as it did with me. Amen’s bar was crisp and he was able to narrowly edge the win.

BodySnatcher vs DynamiCz

Fire battle here. Going into the battle, this was my prediction for battle of the week. It definitely lived up to my expectations.

Both guys stayed true to form here. Dy came with a knife bar that had great imagery and a scar on body/emotional distress name flip. I thought the bar was dope, especially with the imagery on the set up.

Body was in his bag though. He had a dope machine banging/uneven dryer flip and it was a haymaker.

I think Body took the right approach in this battle. Both bars were technically sound, but Body decided to sacrifice intricate tie ins for an impactful punch. Body ended up sweeping the votes, but most voters expressed how close the battle was.

Good battle and Body advances to the semis.

BATTLE OF THE WEEK

Body Snatcher vs DynamiCz

BodySnatcher
I'ma wash this kid, roll up in his crib & for no reason fire
All he'll hear is a machine banging in his house like an uneven dryer

VS

DynamiCz
I make a mess! When I swing the blade....I aim it at his flesh
Slices on his skin....I'm leaving scars on body like emotional distress

TOP PUNCHES

***3***
Amen (vs Blue Bayou)
"The ugly dude’s a disgrace, the “GOAT”… really? Man look he’s just dense,
& If argued till I’m ‘Blue in the face”, a mirrors’ only way I’ll EVER see pussy again."

***2***
Destroyer (vs Cashius)
"des pops off mad shots. this grand wizard ain’t ever seen recoil
if sparks ever come off the end of dudes arm, it’s his tiki torch leaking oil"

***1***
BodySnatcher (vs DynamiCz)
"All you EVER do is complain about text losses...while I’m with your wife, hittin’ them buns hard
I could tell you how I ‘Stick’ it in her ‘Can’...and you’ll just start yelling some shit about gun bars"

PREVIEWS

Jabari Black vs Destroyer
This will be the first time that Des and I cross paths in the 1-2 League but this will be our third time battling each other in little over a month. Our last battle sparked some controversy, and Des will certainly be looking for retribution.

Destroyer is coming off of his biggest win this season, getting a clean sweep victory against Cashius. I'll be looking to continue to build momentum coming off of two contested wins in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I think the challenge for both of us will be coming with a fresh approach for the battle. A lot of the personal angles we have on each other have been used at this point. This will likely come down to who can have the more impactful punch.

I expect this to be a war.

Body Snatcher vs Amen

This should be a dope battle. I don't think this is the semi finals matchup that people predicted going into the playoffs, but I really like the matchup.

BodySnatcher has been red hot since he won the BAL finals a few months ago. He has a lot of momentum winning his past 4 battles including an impressive win against DynamiCz last week.

Amen will be carrying a lot of momentum into the semis as well. He's won his last 4 as well and has been improving each week.

Body will almost certainly be coming with an aggressive bar this week. That's his style and what he's good at. Body went with a simpler approach last week as opposed to the intricate style he typically uses and it worked. I'll be interested to see what approach he takes against Amen.

Amen is versatile and can switch up his approach. He's always a threat because he's had recent success using gun bars and an aggressive style, but drifted away from them in his biggest win in the league so far against Blue.

This is a close battle to call, but I'm leaning slightly towards Body. I predicted against Amen in the first two rounds and was wrong both times; lets see if he can prove me wrong again.

LIVE BATTLE OF THE WEEK

Decided to go with a classic battle for Live Battle of the Week. This is one of the best battles of all time, and it's in my Top 5.

JC's style has aged better than Chilla's but this battle was extremely debatable when it happened. It's also interesting to see how both battlers' styles have evolved over the years.

My favorite moments:

Batman premier

Death comes in 3s

"Give him choices: Timberland or Nike...."

Chilla's Jaz the Rapper/Virgin Mary/Bible Scheme

Chilla's female battle rapper scheme

OUTRO

Didn't have much time to write this up. I've been out of town pretty much all week. This whole mag was purely off the strength of the muscle.

Salute to everyone who's helping to keep this league going.
Jabari Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future

@Sharp @SiK @Black Mask @Seyance @Blanco Bishop @Sho Money EMG @serge T @Zuch @Universe @Papi @Balanced @Meth @Slechtn @Mike Wrecka @Atomic @Greed @Tettris @Sn00p @fraze @iSpaz @Bust @Bash @Bomb Bard @Seanzo @Packed Graves @MetaSin @Resin M-I-C @Frank Metts @Paradigm @Ronin @Useless @Suthaveli @ill nik-A @Wavy Crockett @Frac @Fracture @Knux @Sour joog @Ghost1 @Hush @Cashius @Cred @Strikta @Junto @Tic @murda sho @Muff @veritas @Moe Jetts ] @Infiltration @Resin MIC @God Of War @trap @For Battling @MFtastick @Chyeahh @classickERBL @Barcotic @Plethora @King @Kenny the OG @Jayson Fresh @Toil @Wanderer @10 Senses @dehf @Gunplay @SuckaFreeCashier @Basic M @Plot @Bags @Razah @Maximus @Useless @Ace @Diablo @Lenox @Cool @dead man @big baby @Witty @Amen @Sharp @Dominate @Beyond @Neighbor @JShazo @Sicc @namix @Certain @Joe Boston @Awww Shit @RichardCorey @yzeOne @Diode @Damien @john hensley @Jabari Black @Twodrop @Lenox @DynamiCz @Cereal @Aero @Enbombz @Incredible @Flow @Blue Bayou @El Muffin @Bongo Bear @Grizz @Infiltrate @Mediocrity @WRATH @Cashius @Knucklehead @bleak @ORC @takem2school @Exis @BROKE LESNAR @murda sho @ACTIVATE SELF @sraL @Diablo @Innovator @Witty @Alvin Karpis @Profit @Basic M @Swerve @Krucial Th1rt3en @Adonis @Fart @boof @the Munster @Answer @Chyeahhh!!! @Objective @Bleu @Defiant @Lotto Smirk @Letterman @Schadenfreude @Habitat @Killing Spree @Dia @Cyrax @Barcotic @Larkin @Neighbor @MMLP @KempoMRK @Moe Jetts @BodySnatcher
Old 09-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #3
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Good shit Jabari your effort is much appreciated broski
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Good shit Jabari your effort is much appreciated broski
Preciate it bro! Much respect for you and the guys that run a full season.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #5
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:29 PM   #6
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Lol...

You guys legit don’t think an Amen-Ra plays never been done?

Hahaha... Dope Mag, bro. Body, what’s the hold up?
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:23 AM   #7
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Inno just be careful around playoff time - don’t get kidnapped or do anything that’ll make you go MIA lol!

Amen if it didn’t happen this season I definitely didn’t see it - your whole career was before my time lol
Old 09-30-2018, 06:44 AM   #8
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

We need to have a moment of silence for a fallen fellow netcee'er.

I truly believe @For Battling was a victim of an ANTI-Police incident.

Boys in blue are dying out there, man. Shit is not a game.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #9
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

One can only hope...
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:05 PM   #10
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

In my defence, I did try and do a search and didnt see anything lol
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #11
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
In my defence, I did try and do a search and didnt see anything lol
You do realize we discuss this often?

Netcees lost a lot of shit a year or so back when it crashed while it was .co, man.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #12
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
We need to have a moment of silence for a fallen fellow netcee'er.

I truly believe @For Battling was a victim of an ANTI-Police incident.

Boys in blue are dying out there, man. Shit is not a game.
He is alive. He was signed in to WhatsApp few days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote