Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Netcees Writers League: Season 1 > Archives

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exis vs Lenox[LENOX WINS]

NWL:Season I: Week VI

Verses ares due: FRIDAY at 11:59 PM EST

Voting ends: SUNDAY at 11:59 PM EST

Line Limit: Minimum:10 lines, Max: 30

Voting on 2 battles is required.

TOPIC:

“Lost at sea”

@Exis @Lenox

Last edited by Inno; 11-27-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:12 AM   #2
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Wait, What...I signed up?
Old 11-11-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
Exis

Well yeah seems we lost @ sea,
Hope who I'm goin' against is as lost as me...
Apparently we supposed to be on some raft,
Where it capsizes or some shit
& we needs to breathe from our ass
I probably need to go under the surface...
Than surface with nothin' prior to searchin' for worthless,
Yo my ears be blocked,
It's not a choice to not hear me when your feeling is off
Yet couldn't hit shit with a spear if you were indigenous...
Now reel it what's comin' before my meal is lost,
Tie down what I've found
& kill shit before I delete you 'Nox.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:25 PM   #4
Lenox
Hungry

Battle Record: 1-5

Lenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant future

Ext

I have a new found respect for the ***....real men shoot heroin....pussy boys smoke weed
Old 11-16-2018, 11:42 PM   #5
Lenox
Hungry

Battle Record: 1-5

Lenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant future

Kill myself once, can’t do it again.
the depressions eating me alive even with a roof over head.
so I call the sea my friend even though so distant. Seashell up to my ear. Heavens notification. Home is where the heart is even though it isn’t.
Life’s dips and hills drowning my sense of self quickly. but If I die, all I ask is I bring my memories with me.
dump my ashes by the sand, now my memories are with my family and friends.
life’s blackness contradicts that it never ends.
Because what if I slit my throat right now and this cry for help never sends?
.. slowly fading away, I’m a box of memories in the heart of the Atlantic.
Thought process manic, my souls crescent planted

I have a new found respect for the ***....real men shoot heroin....pussy boys smoke weed
Old 11-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Lenox got this one.
Exis' verse seemed unmoviated as well as uninterested in the subject at hand.Decent wordplay but seems his verse was more battle orientated. In regards to Lenox's approach, the subject was the core of his artistic representation. It was more in a story base element where it delves into the history of the past and aligns with the present and dire aspects of the main idea.

Last edited by Master Rock; 11-18-2018 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-18-2018, 02:14 AM   #7
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Was not a fan of this battle if I can be blunt. Exx seemed unmotivated and Lenox seemed like he was mailing it in after reading exxis verse. I did LOL at "capsize/breathe out of ass" though. I don't think either of you really wanted to flesh out a concept so you just wrote a quick key and let it lay. Which can be fine, but you just need more lyracism to go with it I.E. wordplay on boat words/terms or pirate verbiage and shit. IDK, seemed ok but nothing special in all honesty

v/ Lenox

to me he had the better end product

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 11-18-2018, 10:58 PM   #8
Exis

so I call the sea my friend even though so distant. Seashell up to my ear. Heavens notification. Home is where the heart is even though it isn’t.

^^Chea...

My bad, didn't know I had joined tbh...sorry Len just threw sumthin' up quick to not NS you fam.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #9
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

Wow. Appreciate you guys making this an easy vote.

First verse won't even get a breakdown. The second verse at least made an attempt.

vLenox
Old 11-25-2018, 11:52 PM   #10
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

exis i got a kick out of the breathe out our ass bit (like you when you talk) and that indigenous line was pretty ill tho. besides that, your verse wasn't truly engaging. i think this prolly took you about 10 seconds to keywrite so, maybe stay signed in and spend 10 minutes on it next time. no love like i hate the air you breathe but if you spend a fraction of an hour on it, it's gonna come out legit. if you actually try.

lenox you kept it real in this verse and didn't do any more than you had to. i'd give you a break down but you already know i already know so.. good work, nice win. keep doing you, hopefully you get a decent match next week so you can go all in.

/v lenox for the greater effort and effect.
Closed Thread