- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default Finals Mag

[Intro]

Hey.

It’s been a while.

I should probably start with I’m sorry.

It wasn’t a great choice to run this tourney.

But, you know.

It’s the Classic.

And we have our two finalists: Dave, one of Netcee’s Big 3 of the pandemic era, facing off against Swerve, the dark horse who has forced me to run our bracket through MS paint every week. While this tourney has been marred by absenteeism *cough* faggotsharp *cough* it’s had it’s share of hard fought battles, bangers of concepts, and any-given-Sunday surprises. Since I’ve missed literally every possible opportunity for a mag (shouts out to bleak for filling one of those gaps) I’ll try to cover everything in the finals mag. Anyway,

[Highlights]

I missed a few dope verses from a few dope battlers. Read over every battle and wanted to post an end-tourney round up. These are in no particular order aside from saving Swerve and Dave for last.

Sinacog

Da gawd. Shame he only blessed us with one verse, but he went hard and got robbed, as usual.

I'm the unorthdox dragon..bomb maggots//
DID YOU KNOW YOUR A FAGGOT THAT COULD FLY//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inno View Post
How the fuck y'all let this happen

Sn00p

The German is still nice with it. Seeing someone like Sn00p rematerialize out of nowhere and drop is a huge reason why I still want to run shit occasionally (inb4 evidently not enough faggot sharp) and he didn’t disappoint here.

a last minute key from the wackest nerd? ...like that'd work
but even if u had Tencent early, u'd also need Microsoft & Apple to match my worth
my German bros never talk to cops & won’t duck. spot u & the posse blows shots
while Blue’s Brothers only ride in police cars & ALWAYS run when the Nazis show up
how u skip everything BUT leg day?! u tryna pump the heat would be fun to see
we’ve ALL heard about BB getting his little Pellet on. no wonder the Guns are weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
I thought this was pretty entertaining. Well done.

Blue Bayou

One of the most likely to find himself in the finals, possibly champ, Blue Bayou gave up text glory to be there for the birth of his child. Fucking pussy.

you ain’t gangsta. no cartel ties just hardwell vibes
Fear Street shit so much the only Set you can claim is RL Stine’s
i’ll bring excitement to the late rounds, you got a buzz that wouldn’t
besides, how you expect to Handle a Swerve.. when your cousin couldn’t
guys i make big consulting bucks. Blue’s a 'finish the terms' closer
Allen’s idea of a Good Startup is pushing his clients car til they get it to turnover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope girl View Post
Blue this verse was tight
Entertainment for a battle

I'm looking forward to seeing more battles from you

You are improving a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
I agree with dope girl

MetaSin

Crazy seeing a former Classic champ participating, especially one of the first. Meta’s style is definitely a little dated, but that didn’t stop his verse from feeling fresh. Hope he comes back at some point.

u stay clear of the twat. unless its yours bc you're here for the cocks
u treat lonely nights like a kids breakfast... pullin toys out of the cereal box.
You look like the homeless. Facts.
I’ll lift your skirt, to stress and prove it.
While you justify rockin that lady drip, by claiming you’re gender fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPN Zuch View Post
I think with a couple more verses you will be right back in dominant form... Nothing bad or played out here surprisingly considering you’ve been gone.

Mac

Our favorite South American showed up to play, looking to drop 16 against the most dominant force of NC Quarantine era. Unfortunately voters felt his bars were a little undercooked. He’s one of the people I would see doing better in a league, where he can take time and develop his style, but that’s asking a lot of 2021.

now u gotta move forward, scared or not - the exit's hard
she wasted you & never paid back like uh-oh's credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post
Mac -

I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loot View Post
Mac had some good ideas, that could've been worded better. Polish that up and u hit another tier.

Cereal

Cereal is a topical head who I’ve never seen battle before. Props on him for stepping out of his comfort zone. He’s definitely gonna need some practice before he can really hang. Hope he gets the chance to do so.

Check out the Tourney Cereal is co-running with Master Rock: http://www.netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=307

Quote:
cereal verse was better than the last one I read.

UserName

I didn't forget this in the first draft. User's style is funny as hell. He's definitely the one I wanted to see more of this tourney, but real life took over. Just glad he'll be in top form for the next one.

This hick bitch can get hit with a quick diss
Everyone’s beaten you, and the tally count’s looking like Inf’s wrists
You never win, every match we all laugh as u cry
The only blowouts you have involve spraying off the back of ur thighs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
I thought user had... some particularly funny bars.

INF

The wordplay wizard probably had the hardest bracket out of anyone here and he showed up. Taking out MetaSin and putting in work against Zuch is no small feat. Good to see he can go toe to toe with the top tier. He'll be in a high level finals soon, I'm sure.

Whole fam get slumped, bagged & dumped.. yo very savage shit
Ya newborn too; the little miracle in the trunk ain't Mary Magdalene
Blue bin sending u lines too. bro, what's shown is played
Now were asking: Hazmat scraped bottom of the barrel for his throwaways?

Quote:
This was a cool battle

INF, normally reading your verses are painful for me. I’ve gone months without understanding a bar you write. Not saying that they aren’t good. Maybe they are fire and just over my head. This time I understood for the most part... Best verse from you in a while.

bleak

Shoutout to bleak for contributing an actual mag along the way. I love the way this guy writes. Its the kind of delivery that you can tell has actual fluidity in mind and could transition well to audio if it was 2006. Always happy to read a bleak verse because they never drag, and we got two. The man can smoothly rhyme with Antetokounmpo someone get him on a fucking track already.

drum kit, this shit long and drawn out like boomers making vids on weapons
tik tok - 600 rounds a minute and couldn't fit the clip in 15 seconds
hit yo new place w a masked caper. you wont see it coming i'm a bad neighbor
too late to greet u but you'll feel your house warming from the gas vapors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
good shit bleak
frac would've been slaughtered

Wanderer

Good to know this guy’s still around. He’s got funny concepts that generally entertain, just needs a little more meanness to his punches and he’s competing with anyone. Looking forward to his next drop.

Zelph bruh ya trolling, facts.. not from my streets or holding gats
If u say ‘there’s only 1 way out the hood’ it’s coz u live in a cul de sac
No threatening attack. U crashing out’s the bottom line
Unable to own a moment.. THAT’S the reason ur on borrowed time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
dope verse dude, working with what you had it was very professional.. vocab solid very street.. structure dope and flow was hot punches there.. all in all pretty cool

Bomb Bard

Spree’s the man. He’s done a good job of flipping current events/discussion threads into ammo, which is a relatively untapped market. He had the notable extra life of this tourney, where User waited until he was up in votes to forfeit

It’s nothing to beat a fat bitch so eat these rights quick
Fuck Sherman…your body flying in air & landing, is the ultimate flight risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
...spree's verse kept it fresh by varying how he worked [similar angles] in.

Zuch

No question about it, the most dominant text battler during covid. Zuch demonstrated everything that put him on top in his first two battles. The amount of quotes I could pull from his verses and say ‘these are highlights’ is mind-boggling. Man’s so ruthless he 5-0’d Ouch while checking into his battle thread (RIP Ouch). With different motivation/circumstances he could very easily be on the precipice of taking the whole damn thing and his drops show exactly why anyone with half a brain considered him the favorite.

Brain damage taking huge tolls, go ahead, take a few polls
If they say you’re “highly regarded”, it’s a obvious auto-correct played a huge role
Your wife sucks cock, we all saw it so please be keen
That bitch be donating the brain quick like it’s crawlin’ with CTE
Zero potential, I’ll do the favor and leave you in a hole bleeding
No wonder the noose has never worked, you got one helluva low ceiling
Give us both guns and I’m unloading mine on a fly pattern
You hold yours with two hands shaking, but nothing coming out like a shy bladder
Rejected your whole life, that shit musta hurt kid
The ladies call you swerve? Nah, you just don’t know what a verb is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RustyGunZ~ View Post
This is nice, great execution

Incredible

The man cares about the culture and shows up. Always glad to have him. Inc is one of those guys who - I think - does better in a long form event (league) as opposed to elimination stuff. He didn’t really get the chance to warm up and get into a groove, but still good to see him drop.

U seen incredibles 1-2?? Shits are top notch, fact!
I slide while ur girl at work, thats a box office smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
dude drop was fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
I think your flow was really good

Universe

This dude is a writing machine. Being fundamentally sound is something you should never take for granted, but Universe’s technique and attention to detail is so effortless, you don’t even think about it. He probably wrote a verse for everyone while waiting for his first round opponent to be figured out. The multifaceted threat is the kind of diverse writer I love to see battling, looking forward to see it again.

General bars galore, like hardware stores every line's an easy chore
There's no basis for that... so having something apply wood leave me floored

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post
Universe - cool verse man, I enjoyed the fluidity of it.

[The Contenders]

Swerve

Back when Swerve was active towards the end of NC 1, I thought he was pretty underrated. The fact that he can come back and still compete says a lot about his ability. His verses have been long, and while he’s managed to be somewhat consistent, it really puts a spotlight on how his delivery can be the same. If his punch isn’t ‘so much/many/more xxx that/than xxx’ 90% chance it’s got three dots in the middle - fun drinking game is to do a shot every time a Swerve punchline has ‘...’ in the middle - but the concepts have been pretty great, especially in his last two battles. While his semifinal competition was a weaker verse from Zuch, there were a lot of bright spots. ‘Raise the standard’ is one of the best punches I’ve seen in a while.

Swerve stay busting in quads, I'm the original skeet shooter,
Bullets to your dome and I'll make four fit...since that's the only way you could beat User.
Pay attention, the scope’s on ya when I’m teaching a lesson,
Have so many autos following your body…they can be your funeral procession.
You’re low brow and not funny, it’s just a matter of fact,
I raise the standard…you told it you were going for milk and never came back.

Quote:
Swerve was more consistent throughout...
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaD View Post
Swerve verse impressed me here

Dave

Dave’s had a hell of a trajectory. The number 3 seed came off his bye week and just barely squeaked by his first opponent, Wanderer. His second round against a weaker bleak showing got some props, but it definitely wasn’t up to the standard we’ve seen from him in the past year. Of course, he gets through the semi with a noshow, so in the whole tourney, it feels like Dave is still untested.

The voters already picked me in the bracket, there’s a score n they know it
You could call this a conflict of interest.. if you weren’t such a boring opponent
And I been fucking his girl since forever even tho she ugly and never listens
So Every time I’m at Bleak House, unless it’s period drama she getting dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loot View Post
Dave was more polished, and seamless...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
Vote - Dave

Because he was good

[The Finals]

I’m equally curious about Swerve’s concepts shining despite the same delivery and… well… all of Dave’s verse. Dave’s been clutch in finals - been in 3+(?) in the last year with some notable wins - so I can’t write him off. But this could be a rusty Dave against a warmed up Swerve.

Here’s what I see each guy needing to win:
Sweve’s gotten this far on the back of his concepts. His wording isn’t bad, at times, good, but his concepts have the creativity to hang against anyone. If he’s going 20, the delivery will get repetitive. Creative angles are his path to victory. Meanwhile, Dave needs consistency. He’s got a lot of this text stuff down, but unless he really hasn’t taken opponents seriously, his verses have been lacking champion level polish and finesse.

Obviously, the better verse will win (unless you’re Barcotic, in which case the discord voting ring conspiracy votes against you every time some of the time). I’m genuinely not sure who will bring it, but based on this tourney alone, Swerve has definitely had stronger showings. Of course, this isn’t the only time Dave’s texted, so I can’t really say a guy with multiple champs in the last year is an underdog. All I’m hoping for is a dope battle to ring in a new champion, and I’m genuinely sure we’ll have that. Congrats on making it to finals, Dave and Swerve, I look forward to reading it.

[Cypher Results]

Everyone who participated loses. Shame on you all.

No outro. I love most of you. Peace
Old 08-22-2021, 06:28 PM   #2
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

@Swerve @evaD @zuch @Blue Bayou @Mac @INF @Loot @UserName @Sn00p @Wanderer @bleak
Old 08-22-2021, 08:20 PM   #3
Swerve
SDub

Battle Record: 40-34

Champed
- Alias Tourney III (Heroes vs. Villians)
- Fight Night LXIV
- Netcees Battle League

Swerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant future

Thanks for still putting something up.

Old 08-22-2021, 11:33 PM   #4
Mac

Battle Record: 7-12

Mac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant future

dope.. thanks sharp you're like a dad figure to me
Old 08-23-2021, 07:23 PM   #5
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

You’re the man Alex
Old 08-23-2021, 10:05 PM   #6
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
Thanks for still putting something up.
Thanks for showing up boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
dope.. thanks sharp you're like a dad figure to me
I'm proud of you, Mac.
Quote:
You’re the man Alex
Alex is gone until the classic is over

But thanks Alan
Old 08-24-2021, 05:45 AM   #7
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Battle Record: 29-31

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

Dope mag @Sharp
Perhaps U wanna spotlight, being 100x more reliable than seth's dumb ass
Yes?
Old 08-24-2021, 05:49 AM   #8
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

I do dislike you both about evenly
So it'd be a perfect switch
Old 08-24-2021, 07:58 AM   #9
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

I've battled you 3 times. 3 wins. You were extremely whiny for 2 of them. It's just not fun.

I'm good with where we are. I said everything I wanted to in the last battle.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #10
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

Nice mag!! Short but sweet. Interview with someone would've been cool. But yeah major props for running it and @bleak for doing a lot too. Going to be a dope final.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:39 AM   #11
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

I call it truthy. Not whiney

But ay
Water under the bridge. I clearly don't care about this anymore
Just thought it'd be fun. Fuck votes

U still a dumb skinny faggot tho
Old 08-26-2021, 05:41 AM   #12
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Sidenote; you deserved ONE of those 3 wins
Brafuckingvo
Old 08-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #13
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

'water under the bridge. Except I was robbed. But I don't care. You're a faggot. ' lmao

This is why you're not fun to battle/mod for dude. You're a motivation killer.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:54 AM   #14
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Great job Sharp.
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
Old 08-26-2021, 08:56 AM   #15
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Solid exchange between Barc and Sharp. Good stuff guys.
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
Old 08-26-2021, 10:28 AM   #16
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Dude we don't even need votes

We can keep it up for show for however long nec.
I really just wanna diss your faggot ass
Old 08-26-2021, 10:32 AM   #17
Smod of War
My avatar is a man, urGAY

Battle Record: 2-5

Smod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant future

That’s just what we need

Two legends hashing it out on NCs. Let’s get it fellas!

A doll can be naked and never feel shy or sexualized or degraded
Old 08-26-2021, 10:33 AM   #18
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Also, personally
I was a great mod, dealt w wheoever gave me shit and enjoyed it
Which was like 90% of an exponentially bigger talent pool

U gotta deal w like 20 ppl total .. who all love ya
Bitch stfu
Old 08-26-2021, 11:33 AM   #19
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

His comment wasn't that you were a bad mod

His point was you're a pain in the ass and motivation killer FOR MODS trying to run leagues you're in

Which is so incredibly true

Barc destroyed text
-kungfugrip
Old 08-26-2021, 12:15 PM   #20
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Softies
Prime example of what's wrong w the world today

Grow a fucking nut sack
Closed Thread