Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 6 Archive

User Tag List

Old 06-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future
Default Round One Chat

This week the topics are in Latin, then translated. Make sure to vote on everything.

#1Artifice vs. #8MMLP
#4Asylum vs. #5Adonis

#3Frank vs. #6Razah
#2Mr. J vs. #7Unbornbuddha

Voting Rule: Each round is on it's own. For example, if Asylum and Adonis are battling and at the end of the voting term asylum leads 4-2 but failed to vote, the adjusted tally would be 1-2 Adonis wins. so make sure you vote on all open battles as these rules will be strictly enforced throughout playoffs

Alternates all had zero votes last week
NYC
2tripple0
Jesodist

TUPAC SHAKUR

Last edited by Adonis; 06-10-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Lookimg good fellas
Old 06-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
FLOOR LINED

FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED

sign me up for round 1 or round 2 if its not too late.

TURN IT UP TO ELEVEN.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:51 AM   #4
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

I have to get into a mood for Buddha though...

Old 06-13-2016, 02:29 AM   #5
Surplus

Battle Record: 0-2

Surplus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey is there where I sign up to be in the league?

I'd like to get signed up for the start of round 2, brand new to the site.

Not sure if thats ganna be a problem or not
Old 06-13-2016, 06:00 AM   #6
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

you've come in at the end of its season, hence why there is no sign ups thread

the "league" is in its playoffs - the guys with the best records over the course of the season are now facing off to see who is crowned the best

there wont be a chance for you to sign up for this, you're too late, BUT stick around for next season!
Old 06-13-2016, 06:00 AM   #7
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

@Surplus @FLOOR LINED
Old 06-13-2016, 07:32 AM   #8
FLOOR LINED

FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED FLOOR LINED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
you've come in at the end of its season, hence why there is no sign ups thread

the "league" is in its playoffs - the guys with the best records over the course of the season are now facing off to see who is crowned the best

there wont be a chance for you to sign up for this, you're too late, BUT stick around for next season!
Thank you, entirely. I will stick around and focus on reading. There are some true artists on this site... a lot is 90% past my brain's ability to understand the multiple and underlying messages within the text... especially on this section. I've found myself sayng "whoa," "wtf," "lol," and "omfg."

The way the net has meshed with hip hop and flows... its cray cray. I haven't checked out other sites though. Are netcee's from here also posting on other forums found when searching google for "rap battles online???"

TURN IT UP TO ELEVEN.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #9
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

yeah, definitely

the majority of dudes on this site have competed at multiple boards in the past (and currently)

but honestly, as someone whos done this off and on for almost 15 years... this is where the majority of the talent now lies

NC is basically the last vestige of text, the community is largely made up of the dope members from a lot of now defunct boards

were the best of the best still doing this shit

theres talent at other boards, no doubt, but in so far as champions and hall of famers from just about every hiphop board out there - this is where the competition is

plus our mods put in extraordinary work on their magazines and hyping up the tourneys/leagues here.. its by far the best ive seen it done, anywhere, for maybe a decade or so

and I speak on that not as a mod here, but just a member with a love for writing the same as all you dudes
Old 06-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #10
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

if you check out the Hall of Names here, it tells you a bio on each member and sometimes the sites they repped

http://www.netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Quote:
Also known as Lars, Camarac, Brian Bryan, Clutterbuck and Robin Banks.
Active from 1999 to the present time.
Posted on RapBattles, RapMusic, 411Hype, MicFiends, LetsBeef, UrbanFlows, H2Flo, FiendWorld, D12World, UrbanProwlers, LyricOlympics, RipTheMic, ProjectRhyme, B-Boys, BeatsRhymesLife, RhymeNReason, MrBlunt, Rhymeology, CanibusCentral, Netcees, BragginWrites, ArtofBattling and others.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #11
Surplus

Battle Record: 0-2

Surplus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you sRal,

Ill try to keep checking in and see when the next time ill be able to get in!

Is there a list of topics/pictures? like a mega list of topics that have been used in the past weeks and leagues. I'd like to do some writing on my own/practice.

Anyone got a link to a lot of topics
Old 06-14-2016, 07:17 AM   #12
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

There's not a mega thread full of topics, like you would find at R-R maybe, but if you want to scroll back through the archive of this seasons matches you'll find the weekly "Topic Threads" in there any may come across something you like:

http://www.netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=228
Old 06-14-2016, 11:12 PM   #13
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

both those are probably the same kid with the dick name i told to buzz off a while ago.

i will be closing battles at midnight. . don't go timeless on me if you don't drop.

Last edited by asylum; 06-14-2016 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #14
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surplus View Post
Thank you sRal,

Ill try to keep checking in and see when the next time ill be able to get in!

Is there a list of topics/pictures? like a mega list of topics that have been used in the past weeks and leagues. I'd like to do some writing on my own/practice.

Anyone got a link to a lot of topics
go to google image search and type in "alternative" then basically any word. you'll see lots of topicalesque pictures.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:45 AM   #15
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

thinking about how to approach this verse like..

Old 06-15-2016, 02:56 AM   #16
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

hectic.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:35 AM   #17
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

How you lose your verse @Mr. J? I also almost lost mine.

I wanted a good bout.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:12 AM   #18
MMLP

Battle Record: 15-16

Champed
- Write Week 9

MMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant future

Got a free morning tomoz so ill be voting then.

Can analyse properly then, which I prefer to do.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:28 AM   #19
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post
both those are probably the same kid with the dick name i told to buzz off a while ago.

i will be closing battles at midnight. . don't go timeless on me if you don't drop.
surplus sounds like he from raptoralty as he mentioned a "mega thread"

they do that over there
Old 06-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #20
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbornBuddha View Post
How you lose your verse @Mr. J? I also almost lost mine.

I wanted a good bout.
You would have had one. Finished my piece & tried to send it but got signed out. lost all of it