Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 08-31-2017, 06:10 PM   #21
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
rapper wise, jin from the myspace days lmao.
Hahaha, "Myspace days" is crazy.

I got sent some beats by Pretty Lights when they were first starting out. Now I think it's just one guy, and he's more strictly EDM/Techno type music. I think I ended up using two of their beats on Start From Scratch.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 PM   #22
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog. View Post
what about the whackest person to ever call you whack?
Beyond after I beat him lol
Old 08-31-2017, 08:43 PM   #23
warthog.

warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
Beyond after I beat him lol
haha last time I heard about him he said he was going totally blind, probably can't see a lick now.
warthog. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:23 AM   #24
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dead Poet View Post
Rappers - Phonte bought 3 beats...they never showed up on anything which kind of sucked...but I got paid. But he's recently hit me up looking for more shit. Bishop Lamont is out around my way pretty often. Seemed geeked on my tape I gave him. I've since just gave him like 4-5 beats. You dudes may or may not know chuwwee but he's used a few of my beats on different shit.

Producer - I grew up with Ohno (madlibs brother) and Kanick. Lib was older and was already doing shit with lootpack and the alkoholics. so I really didn't have much interaction with him....I was younger than ohno and kankick but they showed me a lot about making beats. Ohno still critiques some of my shit and occasionally calls me a pussy for not putting more effort into making money of music.
That's dope as fuck.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #25
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Thesaurus and Nocando did a show in Hawaii in like 2011 and I battled a dude out front before their set, and both of them said I was dope. That's about it though.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:22 AM   #26
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
gee I was sitting here thinking hm....that seems unlikely that canibus would text battle geno on instant messenger and also regail him with anecdotes of getting pussy in the club like shades of a young al karpo but then....teck comes in and eliminates all of my concerns. I believe it all.
Nah, this was a real thing. Canibus was really smart and built up his cult through internet rap wannabes. MicClub.net had a ton of people on it back in the day. He also featured DZK and warbux on an actual studio album.

He's a fucking weirdo, but these stories are real.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #27
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

DZK was dope back in the day. Heard he signed canibus well after they both fell off.
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:03 PM   #28
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Nah, this was a real thing. Canibus was really smart and built up his cult through internet rap wannabes. MicClub.net had a ton of people on it back in the day. He also featured DZK and warbux on an actual studio album.

He's a fucking weirdo, but these stories are real.
A lot of people are pretty certain he's referencing some of the people from CC and MicClub.net in a few of his tracks too. Then again, Canibus fans can be pretty weird though but I don't doubt it. Bus used to post on CC and read shit every now and then too. J.Cole used to post on CC back in the days along with a couple other dudes that have gone on to... do stuff. Canibus was really fucking dope to his fans though, if people on his boards was rapping and he had a show locally he'd meet up with them and happily help out/make sure they warmed up for him. Stuff like that. It's not weird at all to me if he used to freestyle rap on AOL or even freestylemadness.com when that was a thing.

Say whatever you want about the dude but he actually cared about his fans and deserves some cred for that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55dIQFnA0YI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote