User Tag List

Old 08-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #41
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Metts View Post
Stillmatic was the best album to drop in that decade ... sorry but its nas best album ... jay took second with blueprint

Holy grail is real good ... jay is grown man music ...

Ohh and God son is Pretty good but not classic it has major flaws

Kindgom come is better then black album and black album is a classic

Nas had a weak period were he did drop shit albums for his standard ... I am and nastradamus have maybe 4 good tracks each

I love both artist a lot but I'd take jay over nas

However vol 2 was my fav jay album for a hot minute now it has to be kingdome come and it was written in my fav nas album next to stillmatic
You have some weird fucking taste. Kingdom Come was terrible, the laziest thing I've ever heard. American Gangster was much better.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #42
Frank Metts

Battle Record: 0-1

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

Cause kingdom come was for grown men duke
Frank Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #43
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

get ready
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #44
Frank Metts

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

I'm not saying jay perfect cause I think reasonable was phenomenal but it wasnt seamless like illmatic

And vol 2 and it was written are very comparable ... jay didn't kill it with vol 3 or the dynasty but nas really shit the bed with i am and nastradamus

Then we get into the newer school shit and both have been dropping more then quality records since even though nas double album was weak and stretched and jays American gangster was a set back to him as well everything has been more then up to par with their standards

But to say track by track kingdom come isn't amazing is crazy, jay was on point when he came out of retirement like jordan ... to me that's like saying kanye first album isn't classic or chronic 2001 isn't amazing
Old 08-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #45
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
if you think that his latest record holy Grail is better than life is good you're on some shit
theyre equal to me
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #46
DLB
COLTS GANG

Battle Record: 5-6

DLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-level

son said kingdom come was better than the black album cause "it's grown man music"

fuck out of here b

life is good > magna carta holy grail

jay been off since retiring and returning. AG was okay to me but son just so boring and corny. him, Em, etc just went from cool to just dropping subpar shit consistently. jay dickrides whoever hot anyways, which is why he worked w/ Hit-Boy, Mike Will, Travis Scott, all these niggas is up-&-coming ppl in my generation and growing producers/rappers etc. son can't spit anymore amazing Hov shit, he just a boring rapper now
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #47
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

My rankings of every Jay Z and Nas album (solo only, and yes, I own these and have heard them all 20-plus times through in order):

1. Illmatic: I put it second behind Reasonable Doubt in rap history.
2. The Black Album: The introspection and album unity puts this slightly above the rest of his catalogue.
3. Reasonable Doubt: If you took "Ain't No Nigga" off this album, it might move a spot up. But I can't stand that song.
4. The Blueprint: This is the most bumpable album and the last true classic on this list.
5. In My Lifetime, Vol. 1: The production is a little too shiny suit, but Jay is terrific.
6. The Lost Tapes: The album feel is missing because it's basically a compilation, but every single song goes hard.
7. American Gangster: People slept on this one. A few great songs are mixed with good ones.
8. God's Son: "Mastermind" and "Get Down" are two of the best songs Nas has put out in the past 15 years.
9. Stillmatic: I go back and forth on these two Nas albums because both have a few bad songs and a bunch of great ones.
10. Vol. 3... The Life and Times of S. Carter: It makes sense that this led into The Blueprint because it's similarly bumpable.
11. It Was Written:
12. The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse: It's easy to hate on this, but if you put the 15 actual best cuts (instead of the highest profile, which they actually tried) on to an album, it'd be no worse than No. 6 on this list.
13. Hip Hop is Dead: Nas gets a little too grumpy on this, but it is his most consistent offering of the past decade.
14. Life is Good: Nas finally sounds like he's over any idea of blowing up, and though the album is a little uninspired, you can't fault the content.
15. Magna Carta Holy Grail: There are a few really good songs, but even on those, Jay Z is mostly milking it.
16. Untitled: The statement missed on this one, and the songs don't really work because of it. I appreciate the effort.
17. Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life: There are a few hidden gems, but this is such a product of the shiny-suit era.
18. Street's Disciple: There wasn't anywhere near enough material for a double album.
19. The Blueprint 3: The singles are about the only worthwhile part of the album, with a couple exceptions.
20. I Am...: We've reached the shitty portion of the show.
21. Kingdom Come: I really don't know what Frank Metts was talking about. I appreciate Jay's "grown man" rap, but this was just lazy. There's a reason every review was negative.
22. Nastradamus: This was a thing of awfulness, aside from "Project Windows," which I stand by as one of Nas' best songs.

Last edited by Certain; 08-24-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #48
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i aint mad at that list^

i'd put RD above the black album, and the blueprint over the black album as well tho.

also you forgot one of jays most underrated albums. the dynasty

but you couldve put it in there and im just skimmin over it.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #49
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i aint mad at that list^

i'd put RD above the black album, and the blueprint over the black album as well tho.

also you forgot one of jays most underrated albums. the dynasty

but you couldve put it in there and im just skimmin over it.
I left The Dynasty: Roc La Familia off because it's not really a solo album. It'd be almost like putting a Ruff Ryders album on DMX's list. The only difference is that Jay-Z was on almost every track.

And yeah, I like The Black Album more than most people.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #50
Jim Blaze

Jim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant future

Wtf?!?!?

Kimgdome come?!?

Gi to.sleep.frank.ur akive.

Better then black album!??!

Uve lived in pa too long. (Im in the burg hit a wigga up!)

Srs tho. Vol2zmzmmzmsnsjjakakak

Vol3 is way iller!

Jesus fuck.

Tje dynasty is.better then vol2......

Ok its not...but cmon....vol2. Stfu.
Jim Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #51
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

theres no way in fucking hell illmatic was better then reasonable doubt

vol 1 and 2 was better then nas's next 3 albums after illmatic

blueprint and the black album was better then stillmatic or any thing after that

shit roc la familia was better then most of nas's entire catalogue

not to mention nas still raps like its fucking 94 no one wants ot hear his weird , dictionary using ass fucking old text head rhymes

most rappers evolve , nas isnt and he just sells based on his name now and a bunch of underground nerd faggots who think nas is still relevant.

cam is better then nas aswell
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #52
Sho Money EMG

Battle Record: 7-12

Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG
Send a message via AIM to Sho Money EMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
basically everything since he "retired" has been shit
I like jay
reasonable doubt, blueprint, black album
but he's fallen off whereas Nas, IMO hasn't
Agreed
This site is whack
Sho Money EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #53
Frank Metts

Idk maybe my brains processes shit different but from the prelude to the bonus track 44 fours ... kingdom come is seamless.... if I had to ditch a track it prob be beach chair but its not cause its horrible its because its placement in the track list

Black album is great too but its soo gutter then he drop change clothes as his first single ... sorry but that track is horrible now and it was horrible then

Black album has some of my favorite jay tracks ever ... luicfer and threats are amazing tracks but it has that big pimple on its face and its the day of the prom

I think next to 30 something and the song kingdom come I think black album has some stronger tracks but as a whole piece I love kindgdom come
Old 08-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #54
Rawn M.D.

Related topic

state property was better than dipset as a clique

I like cam n sht, don't like Jones at all tho

but bean freeway n bleek kill sht solo n group

and

the firm is n always b classic as well
Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #55
Frank Metts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn M.D. View Post
Related topic

I like cam n sht, don't like Jones at all tho

but bean freeway n bleek kill sht solo n group

and

the firm is n always b classic as well

State property albums ill ... I don't fuck with dipset much ... Santana real nice wjen he want to be and cam always hit or miss but the rest are fucking back ground actors. ..

And bleek solo shit is terrible duke ... bleek features on point bleek albums garbo ( except his first one ill give him credit for that ) ... I think I used 543 for a coaster till my tea started tasting bad from the stench of that vile creation

Beans is fuckinf raw beanie siegel is an amazing talent with no motivation anymore ... sad
Old 08-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #56
Rawn M.D.

Word beans is up there for me yo
So real imo

I love frees throw back rhyme scheme n flow

bleak is Def the weakest but his fets r dope af on the reg

cam n Santana r dope to me

rest garb

I hate Jim Jones lmfao

'ballin' smh
Old 08-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #57
Frank Metts

When I like cam I really like him but some times I can't tolerate him ... I think Santana the strongest out the bunch which isn't saying much

Bleek kill on features ... like I can't think of a bad feature he's had but his albums soo all over the place

Young gunz albums be real too ... those dudes didn't get a fair shake esp when roc broke up

Petey crack had potential but I think he changed his name and fell off not sure really
Old 08-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #58
Rawn M.D.

Lol young guns was like a 2000 version or Lord tarik n peter guns to me

Showed promise to amt to nothin
... DE ja vu

imo

when cam on the grimly tip he fire
when he just rhyming to rhyme talkin dumb it's garb

Santana quality for the most part that I can't feel my face cd w Wayne was legit imo

Last edited by Rawn M.D.; 08-24-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #59
Frank Metts

I like young gunz ... dudes was real
Old 08-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #60
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn M.D. View Post

you shut your fucking whore mouth right now

i like you rawn

but just stfuuuuuu

DIPSET

Tags
moses of text, nik going thru menopause, nik likes black cock, tyson eats ass