Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves

User Tag List

Old 08-06-2022, 09:31 AM   #41
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

@Universe I read your 1st person perspective verse. Really enjoyed it. Thought it was one of the better verses I’ve read this season. Props
Old 08-06-2022, 11:18 AM   #42
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

@Universe @White LGI @dead man your opponents are technically 2 days past the due date, if you still want them to drop give them the okay and we’ll wait until tonight until we absolutely have to move on. If you’d rather have the no show just say so and I’ll grant you it.
@Dominate @brokenhal0 @Witty look here for confirmation
Old 08-06-2022, 12:18 PM   #43
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

Idc, I hope my boy shows, but I know it can be difficult
Old 08-06-2022, 01:06 PM   #44
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

It's difficult yeah, but it's not 2 days over the deadline difficult.

@Adverse I've already accepted my opponent's forfeit so yeah... Sorry?

@Dominate My preference is for people to meet their deadlines and put in the same level of effort that I do. That's it. But you literally said you were going to post a verse that won't beat mine and also forfeit the result in the process... Why tf would I be interested in that? It's deflating. I'll just save everyone, including you, the time.

@Mike Wrecka Thanks for checking it out man. Appreciate it.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:18 PM   #45
dead man
living

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

Yea it’s a bummer. That’s 2 in a row.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:42 PM   #46
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

@Universe I wasn’t aware he forfeited, that sucks to see

I attempted to remove the spoiler from the mag for my verse as well. Sorry to disappoint you like that! I guess I wasn’t thinking it was a spoiler and was just trying to find some quick meme material before posting. Hopefully most voters didn’t read it because that really swayed against my own verse haha
Old 08-06-2022, 05:03 PM   #47
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

@Adverse I honestly thought the meme was in reference to a verse you wrote in the past, and when I read your verse this week it didn’t spoil it for me. Since most mags reference the past and not the future I think your good for the most part. In fact this convo is more likely to ruin it than ur meme was… so ::spoiler alert:: lol.

But yeah I read both your and @Nigma verses it was just late and I did it from my phone, and felt you guys deserved a better breakdown than I could offer at that time.

I’ll get the both of you in a little bit though.

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 08-06-2022, 05:27 PM   #48
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe
MENTION=160]Dominate My preference is for people to meet their deadlines and put in the same level of effort that I do. That's it. But you literally said you were going to post a verse that won't beat mine and also forfeit the result in the process... Why tf would I be interested in that? It's deflating. I'll just save everyone, including you, the time.
Idk, I would be in your shoes. I’ve given out a number of super extensions for the sake of having a battle go ahead this season. Would have likely meant more feedback for your verse, get to see what another guy did with the topic, #fortheculture, etc. My comment about you likely winning but I’ll forfeit anyway was honestly just being polite and trying to do the right thing because I know you care about winning/losing, and I don’t. I’m here for funsies and to improve as a writer. Part of that is figuring out when to pull the trigger on an idea and just start writing it with enough time left in the week to finish the verse given that the pace I’m able to write at seems to be highly variable. I’ve been hit and miss with that all season. This week, miss. I’m sorry it’s that deep to you. Good luck in the champ match.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:34 PM   #49
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
Yea it’s a bummer. That’s 2 in a row.
You watch your tone Die A BD’z. I gave you a super extension in our contenders match.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:13 PM   #50
dead man
living

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

Im Pissed you would bring that up bro
Old 08-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #51
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Idk, I would be in your shoes. I’ve given out a number of super extensions for the sake of having a battle go ahead this season. Would have likely meant more feedback for your verse, get to see what another guy did with the topic, #fortheculture, etc. My comment about you likely winning but I’ll forfeit anyway was honestly just being polite and trying to do the right thing because I know you care about winning/losing, and I don’t. I’m here for funsies and to improve as a writer. Part of that is figuring out when to pull the trigger on an idea and just start writing it with enough time left in the week to finish the verse given that the pace I’m able to write at seems to be highly variable. I’ve been hit and miss with that all season. This week, miss. I’m sorry it’s that deep to you. Good luck in the champ match.
Buckle in.

Your time is not more valuable than mine. Your 'inspiration windows' are irrelevant to everyone except yourself and sound like excuses. I'm busy too but I NEVER miss a deadline... I find a way and sacrifice to get there because I love WRITING, in any form and I respect those that do it too and like to compete.

Dom, buddy old pal... You don't get to say sorry if it's that "deep" to me and throw your little going away jab under the veil of this nice guy image you've created for yourself because guess what, "funsies" remarks aside, it's that deep to everyone, including you... whether you admit it or not. And if it truly isn't... wtf are you doing here? Go surf or something... Because you see, someone beating me in this is OUTWRITING me, and I take that personally. Just like if I come runner up in a screenplay contest - Someone OUTWROTE me and I take it personally because as I've said before... I LOVE THIS SHIT. And that means writing in all forms.

If you would've said, "Hey Uni I got something cooking here just need a few extra hours", I would've been all for it because I'm a fan of your writing... and I LOVE when I feel that fire from someone. I extended that very courtesy to NYC because, even though his car wreck elicited sympathy, he gave me the vibe that he had something special on his hands so I wanted to see it. And he wrote his ass off because he respected me enough to know he had to. Your "politeness" gave me the vibe that you don't give enough of a fuck to respect me and bring your best effort... which, guess what, I did for you out of respect. Because you're THAT good.

So yeah, I'll take the W... and yeah I'll go out on a limb and say the result would've been the same whether you posted or not... because I believe that. You're not beating what I did in any universe, this, parallel or whatever and if you believe otherwise fucking GO IN next time and prove it.

Or... stick to your 10-12 lines a week where you're comfy with your funsies.

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:24 PM   #52
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn MD View Post
@Adverse I honestly thought the meme was in reference to a verse you wrote in the past, and when I read your verse this week it didn’t spoil it for me. Since most mags reference the past and not the future I think your good for the most part. In fact this convo is more likely to ruin it than ur meme was….
This

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 08-06-2022, 06:28 PM   #53
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
I’m here for funsies and to improve as a writer. Part of that is figuring out when to pull the trigger on an idea and just start writing it with enough time left in the week to finish the verse given that the pace I’m able to write at
This.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:30 PM   #54
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe
it's that deep to everyone, including you
It really, truly, is not.

I’m here to have fun and improve, as I said.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:32 PM   #55
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Buckle in.

Your time is not more valuable than mine. Your 'inspiration windows' are irrelevant to everyone except yourself and sound like excuses. I'm busy too but I NEVER miss a deadline... I find a way and sacrifice to get there because I love WRITING, in any form and I respect those that do it too and like to compete.

Dom, buddy old pal... You don't get to say sorry if it's that "deep" to me and throw your little going away jab under the veil of this nice guy image you've created for yourself because guess what, "funsies" remarks aside, it's that deep to everyone, including you... whether you admit it or not. And if it truly isn't... wtf are you doing here? Go surf or something... Because you see, someone beating me in this is OUTWRITING me, and I take that personally. Just like if I come runner up in a screenplay contest - Someone OUTWROTE me and I take it personally because as I've said before... I LOVE THIS SHIT. And that means writing in all forms.

If you would've said, "Hey Uni I got something cooking here just need a few extra hours", I would've been all for it because I'm a fan of your writing... and I LOVE when I feel that fire from someone. I extended that very courtesy to NYC because, even though his car wreck elicited sympathy, he gave me the vibe that he had something special on his hands so I wanted to see it. And he wrote his ass off because he respected me enough to know he had to. Your "politeness" gave me the vibe that you don't give enough of a fuck to respect me and bring your best effort... which, guess what, I did for you out of respect. Because you're THAT good.

So yeah, I'll take the W... and yeah I'll go out on a limb and say the result would've been the same whether you posted or not... because I believe that. You're not beating what I did in any universe, this, parallel or whatever and if you believe otherwise fucking GO IN next time and prove it.

Or... stick to your 10-12 lines a week where you're comfy with your funsies.

Thanks.

Woah!

Old 08-06-2022, 06:38 PM   #56
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Universe is such a fucking loser
-kungfugrip
Old 08-06-2022, 07:12 PM   #57
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
Universe is such a fucking loser
Oh hi, Blue. Thanks for your input. But yeah I'm passionate about all forms of writing and if that makes me a loser, then so be it. I'm happy to be one.

And guys/gals, just know that I write and post everything you've seen from me on this site from my phone on the go... I'm not sitting in some dark basement staring at my laptop... if I was it would be a lot worse for all of you believe me lol. But I appreciate the compliment of some of you thinking that's what I'm doing.

But onward and upwards.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:18 PM   #58
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Good grief
-kungfugrip
Old 08-06-2022, 08:47 PM   #59
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Looks like I voted on everything.

Old 08-06-2022, 09:19 PM   #60
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Rock View Post
Looks like I voted on everything.
I got you tonight/tomorrow Rock.

Tags
libertyspitz, what time is "evening"