Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Writing Challenge League

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
zygote

Battle Record: 33-12

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Art of Writing League (3x)

zygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant future
Default CHALLENGE LEAGUE REVIEW

Challenge League Review

Review Comment.
Many thanks to all competitors, there were 47 users during the 8 weeks of challenges, not all competed but those that did generally enjoyed it.

Top Champions
Champion
MikeWrecka - (15.0) points – 7 win 1 loss.
Original sign in prediction: STRENGTH- Is organizing the tournament can organize himself advantages// WEAKNESS- Doesn’t use full stops, instead uses// PREDICTION- Should do well he is a versatile writer.
Comment: Under prediction of the tournament – “should do well” proceeds to win 7/8 contests. Also, didn’t use // switched to full stops. This was a good improvement. Only lost on the very last contest when the winning position was already decided. Still tried 100% even at the end there.
Short highlights: WEEK 1 –
Quote:
subcutaneous hyperdermic needles, used as instruments of evil,
shooting heroin directly into the bloodstream of all our people/
Defeated Nogood! via no show.
WEEK 4 –
Quote:
but it was never enough, Buddy would talk and then talk some more,
people even overheard the two conversing as they walked out the door.
Stopped Pinot Grij momentum by 1 vote.
WEEK 8 –
Quote:
and the plan had to work, the boys life was hanging by a thread,
his captor sent for an executioner, that would shake individuals until they were dead,
Only lost after somewhat relaxing. kept intensity up throughout, just lacked the conceptual-oomph.

Second Place
Certain – (14.0) points – 6 win 2 loss.
Original sign in prediction: STRENGTH- Is Dagel. WEAKNESS- Is Dagel. PREDICTION- Will Dagel.
Comment: Wow, judged Certain as Dagel based on the similarity to the style of Dead Lion username. I was completely wrong and fully and wholeheartedly retract the original prediction. The prediction was baseless, unsound and a defamation of Certain’s high character. The most consistent voter as well during the competition, created a strong submission during every week.
WEEK 1 –
Quote:
We lacked necessary tools to leverage new freedoms.
If you don't teach a man to fish, you damn well better feed him.
Beat Gazette 5-2.
WEEK 4 –
Quote:
I remember the aftermath, the broken illusion
of a man soaked and confused and moping reclusive.
Victorious against Innovator.
WEEK 8 –
Quote:
And zygote, you dingo-fucking bitch with your shitty league —
actually, I've enjoyed the ride these challenges have given me.
Shut out the champion in the final week of competition.

Third Place
Innovator – (13.0) points – 5 win 3 loss.
Original sign in prediction: STRENGTH- Once wrote about a grapefruit with great skill. WEAKNESS- Flies under the radar, enjoys smoking bath salts and synthetic incense. PREDICTION: Decent chance innovator can finish well.
Comment: The decent chance paid off, Innovator competed every week without no-show or substandard effort, just a great performer. I still think that one week Innovator was extremely unlucky to lose the contest containing the no letter R requirement. Was still able to compete even after close losses a testament to his tenacity.
WEEK 1 –
Quote:
God gave sweet salvation on the tip of the blade he thought in his stupor
But no man was saved that day no grieving soul and no goodbye soother
Shut out Figurative 7-0.
WEEK 4 –
Quote:
The butterflies are over powering my senses
This nervousness is natural to my innocence
Was halted by Certain 7-0.
WEEK 8 –
Quote:
a chance to live like him...lost in an egos desire for wealth
wealth of knowledge, riches with a decadent health
NS verse week 8, week 7 submission also a NS win.

Appreciation for users with 6 or more completed contests.
Pent uP – (12.0) points - 5 win 2 loss. A strong run through the competition, barring the two loss which feedback was directed towards the conceptualization rather than execution. Strangely enough Pent uP did much better on the more restricting tasks, tasks that had an ambiguous interpretation received less votes etc. A highlight I felt was the refined and stylistically mature way Pent uP wrote on the required diversity week topic of Frotteurism (a sexual paraphilia).
Nigma – (12.0) points - 5 Cwin 2 loss 1 noshow. Only the one noshow at the end, something about the cyclical nature of the victim becomes the abuser. Not really, as I understand Nigma had some unexpected time constraints that unfortunately stopped him from submitting in the final week. Without focussing on that throughout the competition Nigma was determined, even in weeks where he was no-showed he still created a full submission rather than any 1-2-3-10 numerical effort. Just a great influence and presence.
PancakeBrah – (11.5) points – 5 win 1 tie 1 noshow. Really changed my perception after the 7 in a row sign in and no shows. From week 1 – 6 I had PancakeBrah noted as the favorite to win the competition. Started off with these smaller and directly focused submissions which was a good technique, and as the league progressed PancakeBrah also increased his submission length. It was one of the disappointments to not have him sign back in for the final weeks, but the submissions he did create were memorable and enjoyable to read at the time.
Adonis – (10.0) points – 3 win 4 loss. Finished with a below .500% record but this doesn’t accurately reflect the strength of Adonis submissions. Apart from perhaps MikeWrecka, Adonis had some of the most difficult randomly assigned contests. Adonis every week faced users of skill like Pent uP, Pinot and MW. Also, his tasks were often difficult too, it is just random pseudo-patterns but really your sign up number was unlucky. Good job managing to compete with those short poetic submissions even with a hectic schedule and work-life balance.

Completed standings.
[I[ Points record. [/I]
NAME: (POINTS) – Win/Loss/Draw/No Show.
TYSON: (0.0) – 0/0/0/2
Nigma: (12.0) – 5/2/0/1.
Innovator: (13.0) – 5/3/0/0.
Adonis: (10.0) – 3/4/0/0.
NYCSPITZ: (0.0) – 0/0/0/3.
Storyteller: (5.0) – 1/3/0/0.
Objective: (7.0) 2/3/0/0.
Pent uP: (12.0) 5/2/0/0.
oats: (4.0) – 2/0/0/0.
Boredom: (7.0) – 3/1/0/2.
Figurative: (1.0) – 0/1/0/1.
The Artful Salopian: (8.0) – 3/2/0/3.
Coup: (3.5) – 1/0/1/1.
nO gOod!: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
PancakeBrah: (11.5) – 5/0/1/1.
deadman: (2.0) – 1/0/0/2.
MikeWrecka: (15.0) – 7/1/0/0.
Rawn M.D.: (6.0) – 2/2/0/1.
Plot: (6.0) – 2/2/0/3.
Mr. J: (8.0) – 3/2/0/2.
Cereal Killa: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
TopicalDood5: (3.0) – 1/1/0/1.
Gazette: (1.0) – 0/1/0/1.
Certain: (14.0) – 6/2/0/0.
Just Write: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Rayge: (0.0) – 0/0/0/2.
Xnub: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Split Eight: (2.0) – 1/0/0/2.
Brian Bryan: (6.0) – 3/0/0/0.
VERITAS: (6.5) – 2/2/0/0.
Witty: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Atheist: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
patrown: (3.0) – 1/1/0/2.
Pinot Grij: (7.0) – 3/1/0/0.
Shogun Dinero: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Word: (1.5) – 0/1/0/1.
PiE: (3.0) – 1/1/0/1.
DwnLd: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Read Glare: (1.0) – 0/1/0/1.
DeadLion: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Defy Gravity: (3.0) – 1/1/0/1.
Sharp Nine: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Pryde: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Aesthetic: (1.0) – 0/1/0/1.
Formal Logic: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
Lost in Thought: (0.0) – 0/0/0/1.
YDK: (2.0) – 1/0/0/0.

Ending comment: Good job to all again. Thanks for your time and effort expended into making it an enjoyable experience for those involved. Use now as an opportunity for any comments to improve the next edition. There is still much room to make the organization better, the falloff in participation is an area to analyze. Even with that it was great to see so much go right, and so many individuals collaborating and competing.

Last edited by zygote; 09-16-2013 at 09:36 AM.
zygote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

@Mike Wrecka

I unerstand you want to run the next league, does this eliminate a tourney?
@zygote and Mike

Great season with great mods. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every week except the no show week. Sorry about that. First no show in years I believe, shit happens. If this league happens again I'm in, as it stands this was by far the most fun and challenging league I've particpated in.

Much appreciation to both mods, and the active competitors who voted. I will rape you!

TUPAC SHAKUR
Adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't allow a vote against me after Week 3.

Mike Wrecka and zygote, this was a very cool league. With that said, we should have a traditional topical tournament now.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Great job @Mike Wrecka and @zygote

Dope ass league with some really good writers and competition
Topics in this league was definitely the reason I competed every week
Congrats to mike for champing the league.

Look forward to thw next step.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

USC! Bitch!

TUPAC SHAKUR
Adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Good show @Mike Wrecka @zygote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Respect to all who were involved in this. This was a successful league.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #8
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

Props @zygote and @Mike Wrecka

I enjoyed this, and it ran w no hiccups
wish I could stayed for the stretch but the job called

A. bove T. he R. est
Rawn MD is offline   Reply With Quote