- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future
Default First keystyle in awhile

[

Last edited by Vulgar; 12-06-2021 at 10:40 AM.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Let me first say that I think you might write the best pure topicals on the site, with Nicodemus and the Black Bard being the GOAT topical, for sure. About this piece particularly, I'll say I could tell there was a little rust there because some of the rhymes were a little weaker than I tend to expect from you, but there were still some cool lines in this shit. The "we know nothing" was the major standout here. You're cool, man. Glad to see you're writing again. Peace.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:09 AM   #3
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

The picture shows a traveling couple, who are clearly not human.
You painted a tale of refuge with strokes that captured a fantasy setting. A setting where you let your imagination take hold and with no boundaries to its creative expansion. This, of course, then presents the mundane problem of having to come to critique something that's inherently boundless. But, if I may I will say I became desensitized from full entrancement into the journey you depicted, simply because some of the references were so disconnected in terms of their ontological genesis, that it made it the composition even more fantastical, and I don't want to say bizarre because the words did have resonance to each other, especially the part you listed all the snake oil affiliate allusions, such as the homeopathists, and palm readers, etc.

It was a just a bit capricious in its synchronicity, and rhythm, in terms of all the cultural and historical theory alluded to. On another note, the inscription itself was etched beautifully, albeit in a manner that one has to let go of expectations and let the flurry of imagery, unorthodox at times, take one deep into the vacuum of the mind, a blank state where possibility becomes unbounded by the shackles of commonality, albeit it still is there because the descriptions are still somewhat earthly, and humanistic, even moralistic, as described in the first stanza.

These beings obviously possess power already but are still subjugated to whims, to goals, to crafting their own blend of poetry. You emerged us in a world, that is quite unique, but has characteristics to the adventure games, where ogres, warlocks, and black mages, desert thieves run amock seeking not only redemption for their existence, but in the process how to attain it with the best weapon at hand, at the end. War, generals, magic, sacrifice, genocide, politics, this and more were featured emblems put on display here.

And admittingly, sometimes the emblem radiated more brilliance than others because sometimes they were pitfalls in where the imagination took us, since it began to have no basis for where the cast of characters were emanating from, nevertheless it was a journey that was worth experiencing. I commend you, salute.

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 05-08-2015 at 03:16 AM.
UnbornBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

I always enjoy when you take the time out to write something Vulgar.. It relieves me to see you continuously put in work even though you don't have to, you have developed a love for this art that I have long forgotten due to instability of a sane thought, you really know how to draw a picture and put together a verse. My most enjoyable moment was the beginning without saying too much you just jump right in and carry your verse from point A to point B without too much interruption to throw you off. as a keystyle this came together well formed, the picture really added a different perspective to the way you formed verses in the past. no complaints from me though..nice work my dude...keep writing