Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Netcees Writers League: Season 1

User Tag List

Old 05-12-2019, 01:23 AM   #1
Cereal
killa

Battle Record: 1-6

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future
Default magazine - 12/5 mothers day

Weekly Magazine
welcome
.. ..
“I had all the characteristics of a human being—flesh, blood, skin, hair—but my depersonalization was so intense, had gone so deep, that my normal ability to feel compassion had been eradicated, the victim of a slow, purposeful erasure. I was simply imitating reality, a rough resemblance of a human being, with only a dim corner of my mind functioning” - Bret Easton Ellis
Happy Mother's Day and since the words have already been spoken about art to artist's, in the word's of Alfred Hitchcock even if your child turns out to be a still born may the light of its original concept still shine bright.. lol yall know I'm talking about your art right earkkgh otherwise that might be awkward.. But with that said any artist's with children children an extra special lot a love your way.. Now lets get this cracken.. When all said and done the few weeks I have been here it went from 2 turn outs to 10 sign in, in a 3 week roughly stint and if the league keeps moving in this motion, lucky for us we will get to see a lot more artist bust their hump and a lot more art devour our minds..
Speaking of diabolical plans there was a hiccup in a 2-1 battle closure that turned into a butterfly effect of incorrectness.. As far as battles themselves we have already stretched the due time and we as a league are trying to drag it in to keep it real nice and clean, and the way it is going it does seem promising..., soooo we have been closing on only a 1 vote lead, which i have moded in several places now and all my predecessors have been sticking to the system as long as the rhythm keeps running and the artist's don't turn into ravenous murders lol.. As far as Diablo's complaint it was a legitimate statement but when the majority come in to lay the ground rules you have to either nutt-up or shut up.. Other main mentions was mixing verses with verses, i am not a fan of crossing the two battles.. simply because the battlers know their opponent and it then throws them on the defense against the other verses, but if it comes to not getting feedback i will easily break that rule if the battlers want that, i will pm you in the future if you are in an open spot that can be changed to put you back in competition or give you a brief summary of your options.. I just want yall to know none of your art will be wasted, i appreciate the time you take and hopefully get to witness the flooding of the internet with it, aite on with the show :)
“Eventually we all have to accept full and total responsibility for our actions, everything we have done, and have not done. ” - Hubert Selby Jr.

"I am one of those who will go on doing till all doings are at an end." - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

RE-CAP OF LAST WEEK
battles

Cereal 1-0 vs Diablo 1-0
cereal:
Set in the 1940's about the tale of one human's belief in right of man and how we could fly. Titled Joker and the Thief the story goes along the plans of how manufacturing planes and seeing your dream come to life. With inner turmoil this was a 1st person lyric that turned out to be about survival.
diablo:
The common man who walks his way through history, head held high and arms to the side, this story was based on the natural growth of hair and the matching nay marching of that humans existence. From raw turning points in vocabulary to nice soft lulls, it was a very touching piece about from point A to point B still holding substance when the reader was getting held in its subtler progression.
OUTCOME:
Cereal wins 2-1

Suthaveli 0-0 vs Sharp 0-0
suthaveli:
A capture water grave was depicted and placed as the forefront of the outcomes taking place, with one woman's chances of life against her terrain and the creatures that inhabit it. It is fierce and gritty, but most of all it was very colorful the depths explored with how this person could handle themselves on the open sea.
sharp:
With a rhythm like waves crashing the piece was based solely on the balance of the dual with an unseen entity. The fight is vicious and well scripted with the reader left holding who will win in the end.

OUTCOME:
Suthaveli 4-0

Adonis 0-1 vs Brokenhal0 0-1
adonis:
The evolution of man with hints that resonated from alien species. We where given a glimpse at how higher powers gave man the chance but they squandered it. Very emotional with a very strong writers voice present in this piece.
brokenhal0:
A little diddy which plays to a natural musical beat from structuring about a Japanese girl and the love/lust for her. This verse takes us on a trip on how this girl has summoned her way into being all that she can be with a lot of nerve. This piece quirky and very amusing with the dialogue used.

OUTCOME:
4-0

THIS WEEK'S MATCHES

Cereal 2-0 vs Suthaveli 1-0
cereal: With an abstract cliché story telling ability and a run landing in dream space of mention there will be a slight giddie-up in his step, all that open space might be his downfall though.
suthaveli: A smooth writer that can make a clean run through vocabulary easy, he has shown a deep depth of the English language and with a clean shot should be able to summon some demons out of him.

PREDICTION:
Cereal by 1

Adonis 1-1 vs Diablo 1-1
adonis: is what a refer to as a pastel coloured poet, where his words bounce of the page as if an eraser was chasing him and with his technical style can evade it and allow the bounce from the swing project emotion. Over the years there hasn't been many times this artist has fell from grace.
diablo: a sharp 100% intrusive writer that dabbles with getting the point across with maximum damage in the emotion category, with an attitude on the battle field the same as off.

PREDICTION:
Diablo by 1

King Ra. 0-0 vs Mr. J 0-0
king ra.: has lengthy lines he seems to stretch back and just pick up the internal or multi-syllable like a spare in bowling, but where his talent lies is in contorted storylines that can be broken and thrown, still while holding the reader.
mr. j: sort of like a goffer from caddy shack he has been collecting the hype card, very active and coming into this battle very aggressive with claws out for blood.

PREDICTION:
King Ra. by 3

Bleak 0-0 vs Asylum 0-0
bleak: stumble in here sort of like a lost puppy oh so cute, though saying that brokenhal0 is my goat for that impression. Patiently waiting i think he definitely has something up his sleeve.
asylum: eager is an understatement right now for this cat, burning down the threads like a speedball to write anything and i do mean anything cam come from this writer.

PREDICTION:
Aslum by 1

Sharp 0-1 vs Brokenhal0 0-2
sharp: very punchy, i mean in graphic detail.. short lines with that much description you can feel the laces of his gloves scratch your eye when you read. Popping out shot for shot he is very relentless and doesn't hold back.
brokenhal0: is a sweetheart, sort of a soft poetic feel that just floats with you through out the day from his verses. A non-static writer with a good placement of wording through breaths to give his work a natural pulse and ownership.

PREDICTION:
Brokenhal0 by 3

AUDIO READ
Nigma
The Celestial Wanderer

https://soundcloud.com/jonny-knows-c...5-12-15-13-13a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6jsIr_jfVg
"Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment." - Claude Monet

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT
BY Adonis

Feature Artist: Kota the Friend

Ok, let me start with a simple but very profound statement that I fully believe, Kota is one of Brooklyn’s finest, past, future, present. I feel like he has the potential to be an actual star in this game, though the style I love does not traditionally get the radio play per-say. He does have a certain vibe to his flow that I can’t really say reminds me of anyone because it really does sound “newer” to me. Kota is the opposite of a carbon copy. In my personal opinion, Kota may not be the most lyrical, but if you take into consideration, not just his flow, but the conscious words, you might begin to see the picture he is painting, which is a melody that eases out effortlessly while providing actual content beyond the usual. Kota began his career as a young 9 year old kid, no joke. His music teacher at the time mentioned to his mother that he had a real talent and put him in a more advanced class. His beginnings were primarily the Trumpet, Piano and Guitar. Now he not only produces his own music from lyrics to beats, but he does this with few features, though I think this may change if he does in fact blow, which I really do hope this bio can play a small part in, because I think the guy is legitimately a good dude and gifted musically beyond measures of today’s traditional artists. Please enjoy, the following music is a mix of the three albums/EP’s (Anything 2018/ Paloma Beach 2017/ Palm Tree Liqour 2016 )that I have been riding with on a regular basis since I discovered him on pure happenstance about 2 months ago.

"FROM off a hill whose concave womb reworded
A plaintful story from a sistering vale,
My spirits to attend this double voice accorded,
And down I laid to list the sad-tuned tale;" - William Shakespeare

"Inebriate of air, am I**
And Debauchee of Dew**
Reeling,*thro’ endless summer days**
From inns of molten Blue" - Emily Dickinson

INTERVIEW
artist formally known as
..Rude..

1: what is your favourite track by you and or another artist?

I currently don't make music myself. Currently on repeat on my playlists though - Joyner Lucas - Devil's Work, Homicide - Logic & Eminem, and 1 song that never gets old to me Royce da 5'9 - Taxi Driver, and Locksmith - Nobody (also just heard Bloodline and it's dope too) Also a fan of Illmac's music (especially the Raising the Bar series & new tracks with The Kult)

2: have you ever played live?

I have not.

3: what are three of your favourite words atm?

1. business 2. whole-ass (it's an adjective and a unit of measure) 3. shade

4: have you ever been in an audio tournament?

I have audio battled before, not in a tourney, but separately both acapella and on beats - thank the gods that old soundclicks got erased.

5: which text mc would you recommend?

From NC - Baronmynd/Lars - he's full of himself most of the time but I can respect the talent. Self Activate and Sammy have both been in my 'favorites' list for a while as far as writers that I learn from and are entertained by. Actually the whole-ass Round Table - Sammy, Self, Nigma, Enoch, Alice and I'm sure I'm missing a couple names. Currently in the RR (aside from those mentioned already) MCD, BangBang, Scar & BigBerd. I don't rly use RB so I've no idea who's there.

6: how long have you been in the hip hop game?
I dip in and out of forums sometimes I'm active for a couple years then disappear for 3, but about 15 years I guess if you stretch back to when I first started writing.

7: where did you grow up?
The southern US - Alabama/Mississippi mostly but I've spent a good amount of time in other places like LA/TN/GA/FL/CA. (before it's questioned - No - I did not grow up on a farm I'm from the gulf coast area so it's more beaches and sand than anything)

8: who and or what are your inspirations?
I'm not sure about inspiration as much as I am motivation, I am motivated by failure, my own and those around me. When I look around and see females my age strung out on drugs with 3-4 kids they're not even taking care of, it just makes me want to make sure to never fall into that cycle, so I work 2 jobs and have several (legal) side-hustles, to keep my head above water and nose clean.

9: do you have a dream location you have thought up ie chigao,brazil?
Actually I wanna start stamping the shit out of my passport and travel the world. My ideal settle-down location would probably be middle of the US maybe? where you get to experience all 4 seasons and not just 9 months of summer as it is in the south/west.
I've always been a history nerd so definitely wanna travel to places like Greece/Rome/Paris. I did get to see the Great Wall of China though so that's 1 box checked.

10: if you could give a shout out to anyone who would it be?

Shoutout to Candy for including me on this even though I've not written in the NC league in a long time, shoutout to Baronmynd for wanting to accept an AJ vote just to beat me, Shoutout to Dia who says "just because 1 parent is black, doesn't make you half black", shoutout to Round Table even though I may be the only active member left, shoutout to Dabble MC even though he thinks illmac is wack, Shoutout to Konflict for never making a justin bieber remix even though he really wanted to, shoutout to felonz for signing up in GSL and leaving me hanging, shoutout to gully but he won't hear me because he's in a hipster bar with flat-booty waitresses, shoutout to MFC for supporting my troll campaign on Elvis Freshly, Shoutout out to MCD's never released ill~usion diss track, shoutout to Gek who's also #teamDC, shoutout to Krowned Kris who beat a "hard D" line then returned to lose to it's author, shoutout to haunted house tracks, shoutout to Ness for making me watch Naruto to prove it's not better than Dragonball Super, shoutout to OBS and my mic for not recording 3 whole-ass episodes worth of audio for my podcast, shoutout to Burna for getting drunk and roasting people with me, even though no one else can ever hear it now, and most of all the biggest of shoutouts - shout to Vammy for being the mf'ing GOAT. -drops mic

Last edited by Cereal; 05-12-2019 at 01:47 AM.
Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:41 AM   #2
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

SUPER dope mag bro & congrats on the win
Zaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
Cereal
killa

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

thanks cheers
Old 05-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #4
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Jesus zelph

Try to be reign in your joy over not having the worst league on the site
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #5
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

@Cereal dope mag my friend keep up the good work!
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #6
Cereal
killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
@Cereal dope mag my friend keep up the good work!
thanks
Old 05-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #7
Rude

Rude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant future

Dope magazine, I like the idea of recording a reading of verses like that. The interview was fun, I probably pop back in here when GSL is over. I'm too lazy to write for both atm. Great work on this though.
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:57 PM   #8
Cereal
killa

@Rude appreciate it and thanks for your words in the mag you are a well respected artist
Old 05-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #9
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

I have yet to read this my guy, sorry. Still working between roughly 13 days straight every week, I know that don't add up, but it does in my mind. After I write I'll get to this....I'm hoping people show out this week cuz you been running a solid league for a month now bruh. good shit

TUPAC SHAKUR
Adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:04 AM   #10
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

if no one shows Ill write a verse for every last one of em

edit: nice mag by the way. thanks for the odds
Old 05-18-2019, 01:54 AM   #11
Cereal
killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
if no one shows Ill write a verse for every last one of em

edit: nice mag by the way. thanks for the odds
respect
Old 05-18-2019, 05:20 AM   #12
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

league trash
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:36 AM   #13
Cereal
killa

did you even read @Rude interview ish is hot
Old 05-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #14
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

You want me to fill in these vacant spots?
You know I got more rhymes than Mazda got on the car lot.

Can I bus?
Old 05-18-2019, 05:17 PM   #15
Cereal
killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
You want me to fill in these vacant spots?
You know I got more rhymes than Mazda got on the car lot.

Can I bus?
nah give them some time since I be here we being rushing weeks so itll be good to let one stretch a bit
Old 05-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #16
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Scared everyone off...s'ok
Old 05-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #17
Cereal
killa

yeh it does appear to be like that :(
Old 05-26-2019, 03:22 PM   #18
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Tried to see where everyone went...

LMFAO man they still writing like it's 2003 wowwww