- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future
Default Short and to the Point

Anger’s strong points will begin contesting ya verbiage
while failure’s results keep suppressing your urges
soon to protest against splurges… or any joy of life
I’m just A man… being scolded by the voice of Christ
How can we avoid the lies? Most lessons question all
breaking down necessity when it’s really obsessions’ call
you had a vision but was it what taught you to see?
tuning out bad vibes doesn’t speak volumes of me
being wrong comes with a fee, the price of intellect
most answers come from experience despite the internet
won’t miss a threat, learned to determine hate’s grin
we embrace faith but only after developing snakeskin
Old 03-05-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
david stern razor burns
with razor spurs

Location: At David Blaine's favorite place with David Spade and Macy Gray

david stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant futuredavid stern razor burns has a brilliant future

Hi Nikka, I thought this was decent, I mean, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really impressive either. The highlight was surely the internet line, but there wasn't a lot here overall.
This read like an audio verse that was posted as a written. For that reason alone I will give you more credit but really I found the content to be quite bland.
I have a feeling that you are simply rusty because I am quite sure I have read much more superior writing from you in the past. Maybe old age is finally creeping up on you, and its a sign to hang up the hundreds of Air Force Ones...

Bon Voyage.
david stern razor burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

LoL'd^^^^^

I thought this was pretty good
the flow was amazing as per usual..
but yea..I'll be back to finish this
Old 03-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #4
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

how did you not finish a twelve line piece in one go?

lol DatShitCray

anyway, nik-As always used contrasting things/sayings in his pieces, even the opening couplet here has an element of that (same ish he's done since winning that tourney at LW - yeah i remember that...)

thought the A man line in this was a nice touch alluding to your screenname. there were a couple others that kinda stood out, mostly because of your punchliney battle oriented style like the volumes to me and despite the internet lines

its unmistakably ill nik-A, same style he's used for more than a decade now, which might be what DSRB was referring to but yeah, def not time to put the pen down just yet

keep it moving!
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

I’m just A man… being scolded by the voice of Christ

this is where it turned up nicely.

and this is where its just dope as fuck..

won’t miss a threat, learned to determine hate’s grin
we embrace faith but only after developing snakeskin

cant hate. this was fire nik-a
Old 03-17-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
Truth Iscariot
Pimpin' Butterflies

Truth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant futureTruth Iscariot has a brilliant future

I did enjoy this. Very short and to the point lol. Dropping some nice wisdom here with tight flow and nice multisyllabic rhymes which never came across as forced. It's one thing to Rhyme it's another thing to rap a message and sound dope doing it.

Stay up Ill
Truth Iscariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #7
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Gotta agree with Genocide that the last 6 lines were awesome. Top notch.

I could go into detail breaking down into 3 couplets why they are so good, but I think they speak for themselves.

It's good in it's entirety. Great multi's&flow.

If I had to nitpick one thing it would be the word "protest" (as part of the 3rd of the 3 opening multi's). Even when "properly stressing" it's hard to fit I.M.O.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:52 AM   #8
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was dope. The middle line was a little shaky for me because the act of 'breaking down necessity' doesn't hold much meaning in and of itself, and the clarifying detail 'when it's really obsessions call' doesn't give that phrase any more meaning or weight. It seams like a throwaway line.
But the two lines it was sandwiched between both spoke volumes.

Interesting, like this. Can't quite figure out the first line, I get the wordplay but I'm not understanding it's meaning.

Cool tho. Write more

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
developing snakeskin, maybe next time champ, snakeskin condoms, this is how grown men write