Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future
Default ZenLand Part II

Part I-The Declaration
http://artofbattling.com/showthread.php?398-ZenLand

Part II-The Revolution

Each day is harder gettin slain by Karma wondering when I became a martyr?
Che Guevara. Things best change tomorrow or I'll leave in a flash of bullets,
Blake, relax and cool it. "Fuck that them bastards blew it,
You're an avid shootist, Couple magazines, gasoline and a match'll do it,
Face it mate this path you're cruisin is a disaster brewin,
You wanna nine to five til the time you die? Then collapse into ruin,
But if you're the Master...Prove it."
I AM the master of my destiny I just mask my complexities,
"What about your past felonies?" Those were from bouts of doubt and brash jealousy,
Now I'm past that, I'm on rap tracks tryin to grasp the melodies,
"HAHAHA Hashtag backtocelibacy!! You lack the relevancy
To make a success, What happened to breaking necks and taking techs
And blastin persons?" That was my last version, I'm past that person,
"Fuck that moment of doubt, foam at the mouth like a rabies bite!!"
You know what?
You may be right....
Because these people make me like.....
Grabbin nines and shootin fucks to pass the time and loosen up
A master primed and suiting up with a savage mind that refused to love
Them Garbage Kennedys, I'm starting remedies with Marxist tendencies
To rip apart the enemies that guard the industries from harm or injuries
Because it's hard to live in peace while we starve and live in streets,
God's arms in our reach, Pfft...I'd rather carve in a priest
And take his arm or limb at least when I'm charged on hennessey
Til the sun sets, but I ain't done yet then I target the ministries
With men armed with heat screaming, "Viva la Revoluccion!!"
On the eve of the conclusion....
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

Fantastic, the flow is on point, the images are crisp, I read part one and really liked the whole rebel tip that both pieces are on. The switch in this verse was tight, really a great dialogue going between the first attitude and a new more communal attitude where you are seeing that there's a job to do and its not just about you.

Dope verse
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Appreciate that Bent.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Hey you guys remember when I fed your pieces and then you didn't return the favor? I do :)
UP
Old 04-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #5
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

craziness man. you def swinging around some nice vocab on some crazy multies and complexity. very interesting to read, this is skillfull work. i liked the last half when the pace sped up and you kinda just got on a rant and let off some steam. dopeness. u had some good slanting too like: enemies to industires.. works well.. there were a couple parts that weren't EXACTLY perfect like missing a syllable but thats getting picky. this is really good shit man. enjoying ur pieces here so far. you ever get on aim to keystyle or anything? at the very least u should drop some in the cypher section
CopyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I did a keystlye drop in OM called Ghost that's Livin but idk where it is lol. And my last battle in the AOWL was a keystlye @CopyPat. If you got anything that needs feed let me know
Old 04-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
Just Write

Battle Record: 9-12

Just Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant future

my nucca..

Each day is harder gettin slain by Karma wondering when I became a martyr?Che Guevara. Things best change tomorrow or I'll leave in a flash of bullets,Blake, relax and cool it. "Fuck that them bastards blew it,You're an avid shootist, Couple magazines, gasoline and a match'll do it,Face it mate this path you're cruisin is a disaster brewin,You wanna nine to five til the time you die? Then collapse into ruin,

that shot was tight, coulda quoted the whole thing.. just some great vocab with a rapid fire delivery.. you write with a beat or what? if so what did you use here? def gunna peep the other piece.. so far everything ive read from you ive enjoyed so kudos to that. you be interested in collabin on sumn? if so pm me.. stay up n keep droppin them fresh joints.
Just Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Appreciate that JW and on the collab maybe sometime. I've got a few people who say they wanna collab at the moment but if you've all ready gotta topic to collab on them PM and I'll get something written holmes @Just Write
Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #9
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Feed here later
Old 04-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
J C

J C is on a distinguished road

It was sick. It had a cool beat goin with it.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

There was no beat there. And I appreciate you dropping one sentence after I gave you a paragraph of feed.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
Jah Homie

Battle Record: 0-4

Jah Homie is on a distinguished road

Made me think of Immortal Technique listening to it. You could put *insert da circle member here* to that middle verse. Visually it was well constructed, loved how many syllables you incorporated into the rhyme while staying on point.

I'll admit, not a fan of this line though.
Quote:
HAHAHA Hashtag backtocelibacy!! You lack the relevancy
It was a little gimmicky, and # in my opinion doesn't belong in a song. While I like the squishedtogetherwords conceptually they aren't repeated to continue.

Still, that was super dope, and I loved the "mirror-effect" across the page. It felt like a poem, and after all, that is what rap is supposed to be: Poetry over music.
Jah Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
J C

J C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLand View Post
There was no beat there. And I appreciate you dropping one sentence after I gave you a paragraph of feed.
Your welcome. Everythings got a beat
Old 04-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #14
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Go away.
And thanks @Jah Homie
Old 04-14-2013, 04:40 AM   #15
Matriarch

Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch Matriarch

Impressive work here, Zen :)

The main difference between this and part one was the tone.

Part one had a theological vibe to it. This appeared as more a social intonation (Though the interrelation is there).

Loved the dialogue. It was natural and pretty convincing; Not an easy feat in regards to this type of writing arena. I'm not quite sure if there's internal dialogues going on but i felt it (dialogue) was appropriate well executed.

I'm horrible at feedback so i will leave it at that.

Overall great job ;)
Old 04-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #16
fathead

Battle Record: 1-3

fathead is on a distinguished road

HonestlyI Think That Was Really Impressive It Flowed Really Well. The Lines About Being A martyr And Che Guevara Is what Reminded Me Of Immortal Technique. I Really Liked The LineS

"I AM the master of my destiny I just mask my complexities,
"What about your past felonies?" Those were from bouts of doubt and brash jealousy,
Now I'm past that, I'm on rap tracks tryin to grasp the melodies“

Because ITs Redemption And Pretty Profound, So You Had Good Content Too.
fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Appreciate the feed @Matriarch and @fathead
Old 04-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #18
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

I'll be back later to critique this bro.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #19
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Hahahaha

Beasted it son..

I literally spit that aloud so fast, the flow was boss.

The content and flow....it was totally up my street. I might even record me on that just for you!

"What about your past felonies?" Those were from bouts of doubt and brash jealousy

Gave me a bit of an old shady feel in some places, that bit above specifically, not sure why but meh it isnt a bad thing.

Keep writing boss

Flo

Actually edit - it could be longer ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo Real View Post
Hahahaha

Beasted it son..

I literally spit that aloud so fast, the flow was boss.

The content and flow....it was totally up my street. I might even record me on that just for you!
"What about your past felonies?" Those were from bouts of doubt and brash jealousy

Gave me a bit of an old shady feel in some places, that bit above specifically, not sure why but meh it isnt a bad thing.

Keep writing boss

Flo

Actually edit - it could be longer ;)
No lol.
But I appreciate the kind words fella