Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 02-19-2018, 03:14 PM   #21
Nick James
death to amen

Battle Record: 1-2

Nick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant future

I forgot about eddie griffin

dysfuctional family is a fuckin classic..
Nick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #22
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

im always surprised when people rank Patrice so high....I loved him he was hilarious but ...over Chappelle> ? even if we exclude Chappelle show sketches his stand up was still better than patrices too...imo anyways

I haven't peeped this tho...I still need to even watch chappelles last 2 actually
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #23
warthog.

warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog.

why is it okay for black commedians to say nigger and be racist towards white people? if white people where up there telling black jokes they would get booed out of the building.
warthog. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #24
Nick James
death to amen

Nick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog. View Post
why is it okay for black commedians to say nigger and be racist towards white people? if white people where up there telling black jokes they would get booed out of the building.
wrong. watch ray lipowskis first amendment stand up.

he murdered that angle in a crowd of 85% black n they loved it.

thats whats great about comedy.. there is literally no boundaries lol. nothin is safe
Nick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #25
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
an u wonder why we don't let you be here
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #26
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Cringe at you looking for a reason to ask this. You are too old to still be acting like this.
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #27
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

they just don't get mainstream love but there are plenty of them. nick dipaolo comes to mind.

its always interesting to see people put up comedy lists though because im a huge comedy nerd, like we're all hip hop nerds. so when people put up lists i feel how we all do when a casual fan of hip hop puts up there top 10.

patrice could've been the goat. but i view him how i view biggie. he didn't do enough. what he did put out was top tier, but word. i'd put him in my top 10.

but there are too many people with way too many styles and shit. pryor and carlin to me are like big daddy kane and rakim or something. carlin might be kool g rap lol. they gave birth to the styles 90 percent of comedians run with, but people built off the foundation they laid and surpassed them for sure. in my eyes.

but yea there are too many i was going to try to compile shit but its all too subjective, and i like alot of all of it.

i'm also biased because i enjoy alot of people conversationally opposed to stand up. im becoming less and less a fan of actual stand up. but i've never been a bigger fan of COMEDIANS.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #28
wasim
The Conqueror

wasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
im always surprised when people rank Patrice so high....I loved him he was hilarious but ...over Chappelle> ? even if we exclude Chappelle show sketches his stand up was still better than patrices too...imo anyways

I haven't peeped this tho...I still need to even watch chappelles last 2 actually
I need to re-watch the last two Chappelle because even tho it was hilarious, i thought this chris rock special was better in terms of pure comedy laughing. both had some thought provoking segments tho
wasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #29
wasim
The Conqueror

wasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
they just don't get mainstream love but there are plenty of them. nick dipaolo comes to mind.

its always interesting to see people put up comedy lists though because im a huge comedy nerd, like we're all hip hop nerds. so when people put up lists i feel how we all do when a casual fan of hip hop puts up there top 10.

patrice could've been the goat. but i view him how i view biggie. he didn't do enough. what he did put out was top tier, but word. i'd put him in my top 10.

but there are too many people with way too many styles and shit. pryor and carlin to me are like big daddy kane and rakim or something. carlin might be kool g rap lol. they gave birth to the styles 90 percent of comedians run with, but people built off the foundation they laid and surpassed them for sure. in my eyes.

but yea there are too many i was going to try to compile shit but its all too subjective, and i like alot of all of it.

i'm also biased because i enjoy alot of people conversationally opposed to stand up. im becoming less and less a fan of actual stand up. but i've never been a bigger fan of COMEDIANS.
yeah, i've been leaning more into podcasts of some comedians or just in general for the last 3-4 years instead of stand up as well. honestly i don't even care for 99% of the netflix comedy specials out right now. unless it's someone i know or someone suggests it to me i really don't feel like watching it. weird to say this because I used to love watching stand up specials 10-15 yrs ago on hbo or comedy central.

who remembers that show last comic standing with jay mohr? lmaoo shit was so weird
wasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:01 PM   #30
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

eddie murphy the god though
Old 02-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #31
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasim View Post
yeah, i've been leaning more into podcasts of some comedians or just in general for the last 3-4 years instead of stand up as well. honestly i don't even care for 99% of the netflix comedy specials out right now. unless it's someone i know or someone suggests it to me i really don't feel like watching it. weird to say this because I used to love watching stand up specials 10-15 yrs ago on hbo or comedy central.

who remembers that show last comic standing with jay mohr? lmaoo shit was so weird
yea man, i still vaguely remember the first season. dat phan won it, but rich vos and ralphie may were in it as well.

vos and patrice murdered dat phan on tough crowd lol

Old 02-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #32
ACTIVATE SELF

Battle Record: 2-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

ACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant future

I put Patrice as number 1, because like Chappelle, no one in a face to face setting could out "funny" the dude. Watch his roast, the time he was one the news debating an extreme feminist, or listen to his call in radio show or any other random footage you can find on the guy. He's wasn't just funny on stage, he's was funny nearly everytime he opened his mouth to speak. I love Dave. He was definitely the more succeful and witty of the two. But PO was more brutal and raw without overdoing it, like say an Adrew Dice Clay often would.

OAN

Letterman, Bill Murry and Steve Martain have also always been kinda humorous to me as well.

Last edited by ACTIVATE SELF; 02-19-2018 at 05:02 PM.
ACTIVATE SELF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #33
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Phil View Post
I don't like Chris Rock. I've tried watching a couple of his sets, but wasn't feeling him.

I'll check this one out though.
this tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tripple0 View Post
eddie murphy the god though
eddie murphy raw prolly the first stand-up joint i watched.

legendary.

dave chappelle will forever be that nigga though.
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #34
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

Chris rocks first one and the youtube one i posted are both high level. Didnt care for this new one so much.

Chappelles last 2 holds him in high standing as well
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 PM   #35
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Thought this shit was funny. Glad he touched on consumeriam. Humting amd aome other things. Good shit. I lold
Old 02-20-2018, 02:42 AM   #36
Fart
You Next

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

It got some lawls
ALMOST as good as chapelles
Old 02-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #37
warthog.

warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog. warthog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
an u wonder why we don't let you be here
looks like I'm here to me, I know why I'm banned on sight, people never get over shit.
warthog. is offline   Reply With Quote