Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section

User Tag List

Old 07-05-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
Quarter O

Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O
Default It's crazy I can't get a little feedback.. I'm saying.. I ain't near the best but can I get a lil feedback? I'll take the bad with the good.

A boss like mentality to fit my image
Cuz chicks is harder to come bi like chicks that's strict dick
But shit, if bitches
Would give a nigga a chance, they'd save the last dance, giving me big dick privlidge
A teddy bear with grizzly ways
Squeeze me, I'll sing Valentine tunes juiced off triple A's
Care bear with the hearts of these hoes squashed in a bowl
And made into sauce on the stove
The sauciest, hoe... Nigga with attitude
Looking for bitches the same with physical attributes
Y'all download pussy... Physical copies
- is what I get. Knock boots. Legs up - gynocology
I'm with the atrocity, try stopping me
A boy gon' be a boy 'less it's Scientology
- and you on some Jaden shit, going 'gainst biology
Quarter O, this his-story like biography.
Quarter O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Okay since you asked, I read this and found nothing memorable. There were attempts of cleverness and an attempt of a more feral style, but it came up as uninspired. And your last rhymes were very trite, all -ologies without any manipulation of complex schemes. So the content wasn't enjoyable for me, there's nothing that will make me remember oh this is Quarter O piece. The thing that you have going for more in this piece is the tone, a braggadocio swag, but even this comes off as novice. There also grammatical faults that could be improved upon by co-verbs and simple conjunctive rephrasing. As it stands now, this wasn't anything that is worth keeping. My biggest suggestion is to read some good writings here, and try to find what makes them good. And build on that, create a knowledge basis, this was too simplistic and uninspired.
UnbornBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

fucak sucked thx fucka shut ^
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Quarter O

Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbornBuddha View Post
Okay since you asked, I read this and found nothing memorable. There were attempts of cleverness and an attempt of a more feral style, but it came up as uninspired. And your last rhymes were very trite, all -ologies without any manipulation of complex schemes. So the content wasn't enjoyable for me, there's nothing that will make me remember oh this is Quarter O piece. The thing that you have going for more in this piece is the tone, a braggadocio swag, but even this comes off as novice. There also grammatical faults that could be improved upon by co-verbs and simple conjunctive rephrasing. As it stands now, this wasn't anything that is worth keeping. My biggest suggestion is to read some good writings here, and try to find what makes them good. And build on that, create a knowledge basis, this was too simplistic and uninspired.
I admit the ologies was a lazy move in my part. I feel like everything before that was original. People here feels like everything gotta be crazy complicated all the time. Not everything gotta be complex. That's a textcee way of thinking. I'm willing to bet that ON THE MIC I'll shit on the best textcee ya'll have on here. I'm almost certain niggas don't practice this MC shit 4real 4real.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #5
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Dead at how you beg for feedback then cry about it. The circle is complete
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #6
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

The 'squashed in a bowl' scheme was lightweight okay and 'nigga with attitude/physical attribute' rhyme was nice, very natural and perfectly synched up. The content missed me quite a bit. The bi chicks line was nonsensical and weird. The teddy bear motif was cringe-worthy. Most of the complaints UnbornBuddha laid out were pretty accurate; the ending rhyme scheme was very basic, entry-level stuff with no originality to buoy it. Also, this is the "Open Mic" forum. We have an audio section. The tired argument of 'i dumb it down; it would be doper than your shit in audio' is irrelevant. It's a text writing section so getting defensive and using that excuse doesn't cut it. The best writers here all have good 'flows' if you read their pieces aloud. They're able to do that with better content and more complex schemes than this. Which isn't to say this was capital BAD, it wasn't, but it was nondescript and a little bland to be a standout. I'd say crank up the complexity and give an extra thought towards originality. Thanks for the read!
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?

Last edited by PancakeBrah; 07-08-2016 at 06:40 PM.
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #7
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Last time I feed any of your pieces. While its okay to disagree with the assertions I made, to condescend to those who give feedback is an aberration to gratitude. Especially when you stated in your title thread that you would take the bad and good. I thought there were many unpleasant things about the writing, so I said my opinion, which you asked of. And as for your contention that you would best anyone here in audio, I would love to show you the opposite. PM your skype details and we'll freestyle and I'll show you your contentions are mere delusions.

@PancakeBrah, perhaps it was a mistake, but if it wasn't you called me NYC and I am my own entity. I am not an alias of his, if that was a subtle allegation. If it was a mistake, its alright, I'm not a very prominent figure in this site, so its understandable if my identity is mistaken for another.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

@UnbornBuddha sorry for the mistake; my post has now been edited. I realize you are a different entity and in future referential postings I will proceed with greater, dutiful, caution so as to not create any unnecessary confusion and to give you your proper regard in all matters textual thank you.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #9
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

What a shitheel
Old 07-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #10
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

You spelled privilege wrong.
asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:41 PM   #11
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbornBuddha View Post
And as for your contention that you would best anyone here in audio, I would love to show you the opposite. PM your skype details and we'll freestyle and I'll show you your contentions are mere delusions.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #12
Quarter O

When a mufucka got a bar that stretch longer than a las vegas strip you not gonna sit here and tell me that shit can flow in pocket with a beat. I don't care what you say. You can front all you want on this site. Just know in real life.. in the physical presence of a REAL open mic, you aint gonna turn heads. FLAT OUT.. That's all I'm saying. If any one of yall is defensive about that then I must be talking to you. Deep down it bothers your soul that your package was sent with poor delivery on UPS's part.

I'd post in the audio section but that place is dead and sometimes I'm not always accessible to a studio so I just wanna see what people think of the lyrics I just wrote but I see I wont get a accurate critique because, well, you cant hear how I spit it! I recognize the talent here as far as coming up with words. I'm just skeptical if yall can deliver that shit. I get ignored cuz I'm not talking like a arrogant London chap professor making statements that couldve been said with half the tired use of vocabulary.

I'll get skype on my phone right now and would love to show you what true spittin is about. I bet you dont even got the voice for this shit @UnbornBuddha
Old 07-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #13
Quarter O

@UnbornBuddha

Get at me
Old 07-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #14
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

yeah, you tell 'em.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #15
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Asks for feed on a below par piece, doesn't get the praise he wants, starts attacking people for their audio skills (which he has no idea about) in a forum designed specifically for writing.

There's always one.

Nobody is actually trying to be a rapper here, we are writers who like writing...your writing is average at best...rapping has nothing to do with the discussion.

Stfu and get better at writing or stop posting OMs and just record if that's what you want to do.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #16
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter O View Post
privlidge
Quote:
privlidge
Quote:
privlidge
Quote:
privlidge
Quote:
privlidge
Quote:
privlidge
Old 07-09-2016, 06:30 PM   #17
Quarter O

LMAO Im boutta blaze that nigga and anyone else of you lyrical secretaries
Old 07-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #18
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I feel like you're missing the point.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #19
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

Quote:
LMAO Im boutta blaze that nigga and anyone else of you lyrical secretaries
All talk I see. The more you flaunt others the more apparent it is that you are insecure in your writing and because you evade me it displays your boasts as fanciful and not based on reality. You would do good changing your ignoramus ways.

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 07-09-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:08 AM   #20
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

lolyikes

I hope your potential career as a rapper isn't what's keeping you from going full-time at Pizza Hut

cuz I got sum bad newz brah

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote