Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 1 Archive

View Poll Results: Topics for the Final Four
Adonis picks my topic 3 1.40%
The Two Finalists Agree on ONE topic 2 0.93%
The Two Finalists Write Anything...No Topic 5 2.34%
Who Cares, it's going to be TopicalDood5 vs deadman anyway. 204 95.33%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #81
Advocate

Advocate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
I have to agree, for Frank to reach the last four, twice. Shows his skills as a writer, this season I've hardly found the time to notch up one decent verse, let alone 2 per week. From a personal view what Frank has done in no way devalues him as a writer to me.
I agree, not celebrating what he did or none like that because it's not fair for someone like Zygote, Nigma, or any other quality writer in this league that worked hard throughout the season and could of had one of Frank's spots and potentially had a chance to at the title. However, he does have crazy skill and that's definetly somethin that has to be acknowledged. He did face ( (x2) the competition, write (x2) the verses, and didn't even vote for his self throughout the process. That's somethin right there.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #82
Rawn M.D.

I competed in one week, so I'll throw my 2 cents cuz this bout what it's worth

frank should b dq'd from this league, but not from future ones. Although shiesty as fuck he is a good writer n to do him from future events only hampers potential competition. Now mods n admins r aware of his underhanded tactics.. So yeah.
A preemptive ban seems extreme to me.
@Frank

My two cents.

Last edited by Rawn M.D.; 06-30-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #83
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not making any statements about Frank's skill

he cheated, and it won't be taken lightly

If I found out he had two accounts all season but only entered playoffs with one, he wouldn't be removed from playoffs. Just have losses added to his record, but not wins or something

But you shouldn't, and aren't allowed, to enter the playoffs with two accounts, and that is easily worth a single season ban

If you don't want bullshit to happen to you, don't fuck around with bullshit lol
Old 06-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #84
Soulstice
native system

Battle Record: 18-21

Champed
- Short-Verse Topical

Soulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant future

just got back here and this is the shit thats going down... wtf that shit is retarted. reminds me of brandon cee/mariah except they had the exact same style lol
Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #85
Cereal_Killa
Licking Lily's..

Battle Record: 11-6

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Cereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant future

@Atheist

Respect.. But u knocked out some fire this season too mate..
Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #86
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
I agree, not celebrating what he did or none like that because it's not fair for someone like Zygote, Nigma, or any other quality writer in this league that worked hard throughout the season and could of had one of Frank's spots and potentially had a chance to at the title. However, he does have crazy skill and that's definetly somethin that has to be acknowledged. He did face ( (x2) the competition, write (x2) the verses, and didn't even vote for his self throughout the process. That's somethin right there.
Lol nah I gotta agree with black, that's bullshit...there are plenty of people in this league who could have done it. He was in the playoffs under two names, he had twice the chance of anyone else to win it, all he had to do was write a bit differently...I don't see what skill that shows, to me it shows someone willing to dedicate hours to cheat in an online writing tournament...and nothing more than that.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #87
Coup
Don't believe the hype

Battle Record: 4-5

Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup

pretty much what witty and deadman said...ban this scrub. law is law.
What is public must be legit, fit for average consumption, don't forget. What is private is handled by pirates, prying loose profits from prosthetics. To tell the difference between: first remain unseen with a steady breath and hope, then listen to the cracks in the wall with a stethoscope.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #88
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

drop'd

best of luck to soul, i believe this is the second league finals we've battled in

thanks for a great season to all mods / competitors, even though i was missing for good portions of it and do not truly deserve to be in the finals as much as much as others who poured themselves into this week after week.. its been dope and heres looking at a sick finale and a successful '13-'14 AOWL season
Old 07-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #89
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Word @Black

Feel like I got a raw shake in my post season loss but that's neither here nor there
@TopicalDood5

Its on you playa playa. I vote Frank FYI

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 AM   #90
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Battle Record: 10-15

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

Sup
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #91
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
Word @Black

Feel like I got a raw shake in my post season loss but that's neither here nor there
@TopicalDood5

Its on you playa playa. I vote Frank FYI
dude that battle was close as fuck. could have gone either way. you disagree?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #92
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
dude that battle was close as fuck. could have gone either way. you disagree?
It WAS close. But I noticed overall this season the amount of love voting wise, pure storys get. So I chose not to write a story over a concept piece and when I saw what he wrote I all but considered myself done. But I wrote to that picture well I thought. Hit the contrast at a high note and battled someone who told a story of a horse and a desert who saw the ocean...oh by the way I'm a drug referrence... not biter, I accept the loss. BUT...even though I say it was close in my biased mind it really wasn't.

Either way, soulstice is taking my life away.

Going to be tough for me to vote because I only have internet on my phone currently. Might have to hit the library to vote or some shit...fml

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 07-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #93
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Champed

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

you are right about story pieces getting more love in this league. it wasn't like that in Week 1 but seemed to occur after all the RM heads showed up. I tried to fight it cause I really don't like writing story pieces but I eventually gave in
Old 07-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #94
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

I recognized it, however refused to follow suit each week as that is not me.

Although I have three story concepts I've been sitting on, but the topics selected never worked with out having me to stretch or fit it in forcefully.

But the concepts are dope as shit on the real.

I want to write a verse for that CK collab sooo bad. Too busy

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #95
dead man
living

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

c'mon @TopicalDood5

get it together my niger.. i dont wanna have to extend this any further..
Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #96
Meth

THERE WAS LIKE 2 WEEKS FOR THIS???????? How's homie not gonna post

Old 07-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #97
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

To be fair dude hasn't battled in a while so it might take THAT long to post. His finals run was as follows.

Rd. 1 - DQ Win
Quarter Finals - Noshow Win
Semi's - DQ Win

Its been a solid minute since he's had to post something meaningful. Although in each week he put forth a nice verse, just making in known out of hate my dude.
@TopicalDood5

Hurr up

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 07-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #98
Meth

Dude has not logged on in 4 days

If he doesn't post tonight this is over and dead man is crowned

Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #99
dead man
living

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

lame
Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #100
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Champed

topicaldood5 was also frank. he doesn't want to get caught twice