Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 04-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #61
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

standby geno I gotchu later this afternoon
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #62
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

1. Miracles by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
2. Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (3.5/5)
3. The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan (2/5)
4. Maps of Meaning by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
5. Intro to old Testament (Harvard Lecture series) by Christine Hayes (5/5)
6. Class Warfare: Inside the Fight to Fix America's Schools by Steven Brill (3/5)
7. Educated by Tara Westover (4/5)
8. Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A Book for All and None by Friedrich Nietzsche (3.5/5)
9. A Delusion of Satan by Frances Hill (4/5)
10. A Storm of Witchcraft by Emerson Baker (4/5)
11. Why Jesus? Rediscovering his truth in an age of mass marketed spirituality by Ravi Zacharias (5/5)
12. A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume (4/5)
13. The Social Construction of Reality (4/5)
14. The Protestant Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism (4/5)

reading some philosophy and political philosophy currently....digging it. half way through Rousseau's social contract and its pretty fire.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #63
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

I just finished a new book by two authors: Stephen Co***, a Vietnam War vet and Barrett Ti***, a military aviation historian, about a bridge in North Vietnam called the Thanh Hoa (Dragon's Jaw). It hasn't been out yet but I read it in preparation for an interview with them for a history site. I'm blurring their names so I don't get in trouble with anyone lol. I thought it was good, they did original interviews with a bunch of different pilots and took the reader through a play-by-play of every nosedive, bomb drop, antiaircraft fire, ejection, and even the pilot's thoughts as it was happening. I don't read this type of stuff often. It was educational about the Vietnam War. An easy read overall, even though a good 30% or more of the book was talking about technical aspects of bombs, naval flying, planes, and other logistics. It was well researched.

I'm almost done with The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty. She was clearly a very talented writer (the book won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction), there's a lot of texture and meaning on every page; written with care. It's about a bit of a bland subject -- a tragic loss, some fallout afterwards, family visits and emotions. I'm not sure where the end is headed so I guess that's a positive thing, it could be an unexpected twist to bring it together.

Last edited by Vulgar; 04-08-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:27 PM   #64
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
standby geno I gotchu later this afternoon
My man. Thanks bro
Old 04-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #65
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

I recently read "Tales from the Toolbox", which is a compilation of stories from old Grand Prix mechanics about the early days of road racing. Shit was kinda wild, because in Europe it was way more practical to haul everything by truck. So you have legit 1930s salvage title trucks that were meant to be people haulers done up to hold several cars, hundreds of spare parts, tools etc

however, it wasn't that good. Would've been way better as an audiobook or a series of interviews or something
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:35 AM   #66
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

12. The Choice book 1 of the art of rememberance trilogy by Paul Romano. 2/5 low score because there is no book two or three. sheesh.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #67
Ghost1

Gone
Old 04-25-2019, 11:21 AM   #68
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

13/50. The Book of Enoch - must read. It is so deep. Must read.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:14 AM   #69
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

I'll Be Gone In The Dark by Michelle McNamara.

A mesmerizing true crime book about one woman's obsessive search for the Golden State Killer. This book was released a couple months before Joseph DeAngelo was arrested. Unfortunately, Michelle (Patton Oswalt's wife at the time) died while writing the book and never saw him get caught. HBO has the rights to this story and are making a documentary about it. Probably the 'In Cold Blood' of this generation. Amazing. And going into it now knowing who the killer is adds a whole new dimension to everything... and let's you appreciate just how close Michelle was to identifying this guy before she died in 2016.

Highly recommended to true crime fans out there.

Last edited by Universe; 05-09-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:40 AM   #70
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

@Innovator @Diode
unsticky this stupid thread.
Its a rapsite not a bookclub
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:24 PM   #71
Ghost1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot View Post
@Innovator @Diode
unsticky this stupid thread.
Its a rapsite not a bookclub
But ur garbage as fuck at writing "raps" and ur a real world piece of shit with a drinking problem. Unstick a bullet into ur head.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:29 PM   #72
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Battle Record: 29-31

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

plot is pretty dece actually, dope at times
why erybody gotta be 5% off feelings alone ill never kno
keepr 100
Old 05-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #73
Ghost1

Right but u lost touch with reality like a decade ago when u were wearing fedoras and white ts ...now u writing wordplays about fetus lakes and curry recipes with minimal ingredients... So why in the wild fuck of imagination u would venture to speak as an authority on anything let alone keeping it "100" is way the fuck beyond me u delusional fuckin retard
Old 05-13-2019, 07:42 AM   #74
Ghost1

1. Miracles by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
2. Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (3.5/5)
3. The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan (2/5)
4. Maps of Meaning by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
5. Intro to old Testament (Harvard Lecture series) by Christine Hayes (5/5)
6. Class Warfare: Inside the Fight to Fix America's Schools by Steven Brill (3/5)
7. Educated by Tara Westover (4/5)
8. Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A Book for All and None by Friedrich Nietzsche (3.5/5)
9. A Delusion of Satan by Frances Hill (4/5)
10. A Storm of Witchcraft by Emerson Baker (4/5)
11. Why Jesus? Rediscovering his truth in an age of mass marketed spirituality by Ravi Zacharias (5/5)
12. A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume (4/5)
13. The Social Construction of Reality (4/5)
14. The Protestant Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism (4/5)
15. The Developing Person Through Childhood and Adolescence 11E by Kathleen Berger (5/5)
16. Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi (4/5)
17. Philosophy of Fine Art by Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (5/5)
18. Paradise Lost by John Milton (5/5)
19. The Social Contract by Jean-Jacques Rousseau (4/5)
20. The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
21. Deadly Spin by Wendell Potter (4/5)

Last edited by Ghost1; 05-13-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #75
veritas
HALL OF FAME

14/50. Grappler Baki. 5:5. So dope. Worth it.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:16 PM   #76
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

The Ultimate Evil

Programmed To Kill

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #77
veritas
HALL OF FAME

15/50 The compendium to the Emerald Tablet 3/5 a few new ideas, nothing preposterously great. Just read the originals.
16/50 Vice Principals 5/5 freaking hillarious. Hate it got cancelled.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:03 AM   #78
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Life, battles and career of Battling Nelson: Lightweight champion of the world

Very tough guy who used to be in 40+ round boxing matches and fight many, many times a month. Eye-opening about life in a different era in a combat sport. Interesting read.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:06 PM   #79
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

1. Ch.1 of Marketing 301 Book: 2.3/5

Thank you for defining 'customer' for me.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:06 PM   #80
Immolate
I'm UPset

Immolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant future

1. Women by Bukowski (5/5)

Quote:
“Why don’t you have Thanksgiving with me? I’ll get the turkey. I’ll have 2 or 3 friends over.”
“All right, it sounds good.”
Debra leaned forward and snapped the set off. She looked very happy. Then the light went off. She went to the bathroom and came out with something flimsy wrapped around her. Then she was in bed next to me. We pressed together. My cock rose. Her tongue flicked in and out of my mouth. She had a large tongue and it was warm. I went on down. I spread the hair and worked my tongue. Then I gave her a bit of a nose job. She was responding. I climbed back up, mounted her and stuck it in.
… I worked and I worked. I tried to think of Tessie in her short red skirt. It didn’t help. I had given it all to Tessie. I pumped on and on.
“Sorry, baby, too much to drink. Ah, feel my heart!”
She put her hand on my chest. “It’s really going,” she said.
“Am I still invited for Thanksgiving?”
“Sure, my poor dear, don’t worry, please.”
I kissed her goodnight, then rolled away and tried to sleep.”

Excerpt From: Charles Bukowski. “Women.” Apple Books.

Tags
b o o k, bags is an intellectual, his daughter is not