Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > 1-2 Punch Season 5 > 1-2 Archives

User Tag List

Old 04-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future
Default Week 4 Mag: Champ Edition

Flow Mags Presents….

The Champions Edition

Well, that was an entertaining week lmao. Few implosions, may I remind you all this isnt just text but a fucking 1-2 league, the amount of upset and hurt this week was fucking LOLZ.

Anyway, CHAMP WEEK, we have our first champ incoming and its between myself and King, kudos to you sir and good luck this week. We didnt get a contenders match in LR last week as there were too many tied, hopefully Spree will be setting those up though as we speak. On that note there will be a job going for anyone who would like to take over Spree due to his work commitments coming up, please let me know if you are interested.

Anyway, on with the show.

The 1-2 League Table - TOP 30 Power Rankings

This week I have added colour coding to show when people have moved up or down in rankings.

@King

Battles: 3
Won: 3
Won by NS: 0
Lost: 0
Votes Difference: +34

@Flow

Votes Difference: +24

@Allen Knight

Votes Difference: +16

@Resin M-I-C

Won: 2
Won by NS: 1
Votes Difference: +9

@Jabari Black

Lost: 1
Votes Difference: +18

@Blue Bayou

Battles: 2
Votes Difference: +9

@Real Spit

Votes Difference: +8

@Snitching is Gangsta

@Dynamicz

Votes Difference: +7

@Seth

@Superboy Estar Legend

Votes Difference: +5

@Ryno

Votes Difference: +3

@Plot

Votes Difference: +2

@Incredible

Votes Difference: 0

@Chyeahhh!!!

Votes Difference: -4

@Sharp

Won: 1

@Ghost1

Won: 0
Won by NS: 2
Votes Difference: -3

@Cred

Lost: 2

@Blas

@zelti

Votes Difference: +5

@suthaveli

Battles: 1

@dominate

Votes Difference: -1

[b @Killing Spree
[/b]

Won by NS:
Votes Difference: -3

@MMLP

Won by NS:
Votes Difference: -4

@Barcotic

Votes Difference: -8

@Maximus

Votes Difference: -9

@Destroyer

Votes Difference: -9

@Infiltrate

Votes Difference: -5

@BodySnatcher

Votes Difference: -11

@Bleak

Battles: 1

Previews

King vs Flow (CHAMP)

I cant really write my own here, I do tend to like a personal angle, so depends if i can dig anything up. Ill have my little birds go out an listen to the whispers. Good luck King

Allen Knight vs Resin M-I-C (c)

This will surely be one of the dopest battles this week, hard to call who will win this as both are very consistent but I have to say AK has been really throwing some heat in this league so far so I am going to edge him this slightly.

Barcotic vs Killing Spree

Its like two of the same person, both have some crazy creativity, as I said last week Barcs can sometimes get the better of him but Spree is the same, i expect this to be most googled battle this week, just depends on spree showing and barcotic not doing something souper stupid.

Jabari Black vs Blue Bayou
These guys faced each other alot recently, I aint kept tabs but I imagine they are potentially both out for revenge for something or other, probably two of the best hitters here so they are likely to face each other again in a champ match soon. Be a dope match, interested to see where it goes.

Real Spit vs Snitching is Gangster

Real spit took one loss so far and then dropped in the rankings by about 7 places or something, tbh its all so close right now thats to be expected, i dont see him losing again here though with snit scraping by last week.

Dynamicz vs Seth

Really interested to see how this pans out, dyna one of the new school and definitely wins more then he loses, however seth is a vet who can still come fresh and most of all he has that personal touch, i think he might be abit too much for dyna this week, depends if dyna sticks with his gun bars or reaches for something a bit different.

Superboy Estar Legend vs Ryno
RYNO dropped like 5 minutes after i set the battle, props for speed man. This could go either way but ryno has beens steadily and subtley progressing an will be full of beans after last week, i see ryno taking this.

Plot vs Chyeahhh!!!
Two people who were rated low at the start and are now just taking upsets all over the shop, plots got black under his belt, chyeahhh has taken a few big names now. Hard to call where this one will go, im edging it netcees favourite conspirisist this week

Sharp vs Ghost1
Actually really excited to see how this match up pans out, bags still hasnt had the chance to take a straight up win yet which is hurting his standing in the rankings, sharp is 2 to 0 and had a body for body last week… going to be interesting, no idea how this will end.

Cred vs Blas
Cred dropped absolute fire against probably one of the easiest people on here to beat, it was utter madness, total savagery. Blas is decent an was unlucky to have taken a L last week, but I dont see him beating Cred while he is throwing away fire for fun,

Zelti vs Dregs
Old adverseries who share a secret bromance so my birdies tell me, Z been busy busting parking fines out and Dregs AKA Inf is on a bit of a slump I am sure he is keen to rectify, i expect this to be a dope battle an edge it slightly to Dregs, think he be more hungry for it.

MMLP vs Maximus

MMLP got unlucky this week, an needs to make up for not voting by voting on every fucking battle or im heading up to wolves on train. Anyway, max is pretty decent actually, this is going to be a close battle but my gut edges it to max despite my bromance with MMLP. Sorry bro.

Miss Netcees vs Pharaohs Army
PA could actually take his first WIN an im sorry Miss Netcees but I am keen to see him get that confident boost, best of luck to both of yall

Destroyer vs Joog
Subtle fire battle here, joog signed out an back in again which I was glad to see, Destroyer had some unlucky losses recently, but was outclassed last week, think it was 7 to 0 or something, can see him wanting to make up for that this week and joog may still be rusty, edging it to des.

BodySnatcher vs PunchHeavy
No idea who punch is and body will be biting at the bit to get a body in, see brodie taking this unless punch catches him sleeping cus he some beasty vet on a alias trip.

Flows UK Education Segment

Now you are all fluent in cockney maybe you will appreciate this clip from austin powers a bit more… but probably now.

UK SEGMENT QUIZ
Blue Ryno and Sharp have been given a list of commonly used words from the UK, all they had to do was guess what they meant.

Cracking

Blue: Hitting on chicks
Sharp: I'm gonna go with goofy/mad
Ryno: On drugs? Lol

thats good, very popular use in wales due to james cordens breakout show Gavin and Stacey

Narky

Blue: Someone who rats on ppl
Sharp: I feel like 'narc' is too easy a connection so I'm gonna go for associative rhymes... car keys... which get lost.... so something easy to misplace?
Ryno: means cool???

in a bad mood

Gagging

Blue: Hmm like a gagging order (shout-out Radiohead).. to give an order
Sharp: I feel like this is like 'having a laugh'. screwing around?
Ryno: joking around

choking, like, she was gagging on my fat dick

Trollied

Blue: Gang bang
Sharp: my first instinct is to say traveled to.. because trolleys do that... but then I realize that trolleys have tracks... albums have tracks.... I'll bum a smoke off of you mate... final answer
Ryno: running

being too drunk, eg... flow was trollied last night

Gutted

Blue: Heartbroken
Sharp: I know this, when something's gutted it's all gone to bollocks, roight?
Ryno: cut open

feeling bad about something

Ledge

Blue: A wild man
Sharp: rhymes with hedge.... these are bushes... unkept pubes... pelvic lice... tell you twice... two blind mice.... one got got... crock pot... oven mitt. final answer
Ryno: of a window? Lol

short for legend eg.. flow is a fucking ledge

Bants

Blue: Chit chat
Sharp: gtfoh you're just making sound effects right now
Ryno: ?

chatting, usually where your teasing or insulting or roasting one another

Bellend

Sharp: I've heard this one before. Idiot?
Blue: A dick head / loser / mug

the tip of your cock and usually used as an insult

Plonker

Blue: Dimwit / idiot
Sharp: Penis

An idiot

Manky

Sharp: Also Penis
Blue: Ugly

Disgusting

Thingamajig

Blue: A Doo dad
Sharp: Lot of words for penis here
Ryno: object that has a name that escapes me

Anything you cant recall the name for

Thats Pants

Sharp: literally had this conversation during the short league and I'm stuck on 'bar was pants'... outlandishly silly
Blue: Shitty news
Ryno: Sinning life

Kid term, for somethings not good

Bog roll

Blue: A cock
Sharp: gonna go with 1. the most british snack there is 2. the most british sex position there is or 3. checking account. If any are correct I will take 1/3 of a point
Ryno: stack of 100’s

Toilet paper for wiping your ass

Bollocks

Blue: That's shit / complete crap
Sharp: roight ya fukin cunts thats when its all shit now innit?
Ryno: Sandra

Your pride and joy, your balls an all that, anyway yeah its used for alot of things where you could use the word Shit.

I think Blue edged the win here, sharp was close though, i enjoyed his cockney attempts. kudos.

THE EDUCATION STATION

Jabari Blacks Segment

Last week, I focused on entendres, which is fitting because these week I’m going to focus on one that was done very well, and mainly highlight what was done right. I’ll also briefly touch on some slight wording issues that can be improved.

To do this, I’m using bleak’s bar from the Lightning Round - which was one of my favorite bars this week.

So here’s the bar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak
Fuck ur sports bars, I'll let more spark on this frail fan
think u got a body on me? Ill open metal from the Top of the Post like the Mailman

Once again, the goal here was to weave to separate concepts in a way that gives a certain word two different meanings.

In this bar, bleak has 2 concepts/flips going on:

The obvious one...

1. A mailman flip - mailman/open metal on top of the post (referencing a metal mailbox)

And the one I think went over everybody’s head...

2. Karl Malone basketball flip - The Mailman (Karl Malone’s nickname)/Put a body on (referring to playing D in basketball)/Top of the post (spot on the court Malone dominated in)

You also have this base meaning of bleak shooting the other guy but i didn’t include that because it’s technically not part of the entendre.

Because bleak’s not a stranger to entendres and executed this one well, it’s pretty obvious by now that the entendre here is on the phrase “mailman” or “like the mailman”.

So here’s what bleak did right...

First, he set up his punch really well. If you’re going to use a complex punch, it needs to be crystal clear wtf you’re actually saying. Bleak uses entendres and a simile here, but it’s pretty clear that at the end of the day he’s saying he’s going to shoot Barcotic. Bleak keeps it simple and just paraphrases his punch my saying “I’ll let more spark on this frail fan”.

Not only that, but he also sets up the sports reference. By saying “fuck ya sports bars” and “frail fan”, he’s pretty much letting readers know that a sports bar is coming. This is extremely helpful in this case because the sports bar theme is more subtle than the mailman theme in this bar, so this is needed so the Karl Malone flip doesn’t come out of the blue.

Next, he ended the punch with the entendre. In this bar “like the mailman” has the double meaning so rule of thumb, you end the punch with the entendre itself. I touched on this last week, but the reason being is readers pay more and more attention as the bar progresses.

Lastly, the punch itself (second line) was a executed well.

Bleak has two separate phrases that he directly flip: “think u got a body on me” (playing into the basketball theme) and “Ill open metal from the Top of the Post”. Think you gotta body on me has he double meaning of “think you bout to beat/kill me” and getting physical with someone in the post position in basketball. The open metal from the top of the post with the double mailman meaning (it’s obv so I won’t explain again). Then to throw a cherry on top, “top of the post” also plays back into the b-ball flip.

Critique wise, the punch was nice overall but could have benefited from some slight adjustments. First ‘top of the post’ somewhat has a double meaning, but you need to develop/set up the literal meaning more. Ie if you had mentioned being camped out, or shooting him from somewhere, i woulda better understood what you “from the top of the post meant”.

Second, this is nitpicking and I prob would let it slide if this were a vote, but it bothers me personally lol: “open metal” not really a phrase you would normally say. Typically it’s the metal (or whatever gun) opens/open up. It’s clear what you mean but that’s prob just a personal preference.

Lastly, “open the metal” works very well for the mailman meaning, but doesn’t tie into the b-ball reference. If you were able to modify this with something that works well for all 2(really 3) meanings, this woulda been even more deadly.

Overall, this is some dope stuff from bleak. Really enjoyed breaking this bar down. Keep it up my nigga.

Incredible - The man, The Legend

So recently Incredible became incredibly hurt that he didnt have the write up he deserved in the PPV by Sharp. He spoke in detail about his incredible battling career, which has spanned 25 years (he is 30). For those not great at math that means he was battling when he was 5. He admitted to all of this before having a total mental breakdown because I have made his soul cry with my personals. It was entertaining. He does not do a good british accent. Hes also scared of black new yorkers it would seem. He also has a 145 wins to 49 loss record according to him, apparently he has kept count since he started at 5. He is also a previous champ at HF.

There you go faggot, you have a write up.

Final Thoughts

I need a new mod for LR after this week, PM if your interested.

I also am too busy today (hungover) to do reviews so if anyone wants too, pm me. I will do more in depth ones next week otherwise.

Short mag this week by my standards but been mad busy an had no guest host, will sort a good one for next week.

@Killing Spree feel free to edit in a LR section when free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow

Last edited by Flow; 04-10-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

That bar was for you JB good shit
@Flow I'll send u a LR piece tonight

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter

Last edited by bleak; 04-10-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
King

Battle Record: 6-10

King has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant futureKing has a brilliant future

dope mag

good shit
Old 04-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #4
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Close? I bodied that challenge I only got like 2 wrong

thanks Love Island

good stuff Flow and JB
-kungfugrip
Old 04-10-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

Props on mag
Topical Head
Old 04-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #6
Real Spit

Real Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant futureReal Spit has a brilliant future

Good shit. Enjoyed the read
Old 04-11-2019, 09:42 AM   #7
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

ah shit I forgot to send british challenge thing lol

my bad

dope mag props
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #8
Flow
Upset Champion

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
That bar was for you JB good shit
@Flow I'll send u a LR piece tonight
Cool
Quote:
Old 04-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #9
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

LMAO @ the UK quiz.

These mags are dope, Flow.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #10
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

@Flow you if no one steps up for the LR I can lend a hand let me know
Old 04-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #11
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Yeah @Innovator I was going to but probably not now, you can send him something

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter

Last edited by bleak; 04-11-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:13 PM   #12
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

You forgot about the W over po*tense and the picture of a pterodactyl. But yeah cool mag, and another dope ass critique by JB. Props.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #13
Flow
Upset Champion

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
@Flow you if no one steps up for the LR I can lend a hand let me know
Think @zelti was going to but I dunno I was pretty drunk, if he isn’t then yeah winner that be dope
Quote:
Old 04-12-2019, 06:52 AM   #14
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible View Post
You forgot about the W over po*tense and the picture of a pterodactyl. But yeah cool mag, and another dope ass critique by JB. Props.
What was your name on HF?
Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #15
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
What was your name on HF?
Spinal~Kord
Old 04-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #16
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible View Post
Spinal~Kord
Dope
Topical Head