Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #61
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Lmfaooo at rating system literally causing me to lose my.mind
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #62
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

1. Art of war by Sun Tzu (5/10)
2. 48 laws of power by Robert Greene (7/10)
3. how to influence people and make friends by Dale Carnegie (6/10)
4. the power of now by Eckhart Tolle (8/10)
5. think and grow rich by Napolean Hill (7/10)
6. the little prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (8/10)
7. outliers by Malcom Gladwell (8/10)
8. the power of the subconscious mind by Joseph Murphy (6/10)
9. Animal Farm (8/10)
10. Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse (8/10)
11. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens (9/10)
12. Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy (10/10)
13. Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy by Douglas adams (9/10)
14. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (9/10)
15. 11/22/63 by Stephen King (10/10)
16. The Stand by Stephen King (10/10)
17. The power of the dog by Don Winslow (10/10)
18. Astrophysics for people in a hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson (10/10)
19. The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow (10/10)
20. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (6/10)
21. What Every Body is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People by Joe Navarro (7/10)
22. Ego is the enemy by Ryan Holiday (7/10)
23. King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine by Robert Moore and Douglass Gillette (10/10)
24. Modern man in search of a soul by Carl Jung (8/10)
25. IT by Stephen King (10/10)
26. The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker (6/10)
27. The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker (10/10)
28. Marley and Me by John Grogan (8/10)
29. The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo (7/10)
30. The Social Animal by Elliot Aronson (10/10)
31. The subtle art of not giving a fuck by Mark Manson (6/10)
32. Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner (8/10)
33. David and Galiath by Malcom Gladwell (8/10)
34. American Gods by Neil Gaiman (8/10)
35. Blink by Malcom Gladwell (8/10)
36. The Holy Bible (NIV) (10/10)
37. Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson (10/10)
38. The Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Musashi (7/10)
39. Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate (6/10)
40. The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined by Stephen pinker (9/10)
41. Thinking Fast and Slow By Daniel Kahneman (9/10)
42. so you've been publicly shamed by Jon Ronson (6/10)

Crenshaw is a book I read to my kid...was kindve brutal? was about an imaginary friend....but mostly it was about the kid....whos dad had MS and they were homeless off and on....I was almost done with the book and my kid said...I REALLY LIKE THIS BOOK....right when the kid was explaining to his parents that he wanted to be treated like an adult and be included in knowing more stuff as with regard to the difficult decisions about their finances and homelessness etc etc........which blew me away. but for me personally the shit was wack as fuck lol awesome that she liked it tho and that it had significant relevance to her frame of mind.

better angels was fucking massive....took me like a month ...on audio....mostly cuz id put it down a few times....but overall by the time I finished it I loved it. he lost me on some of the statistical probabilities portions but mostly it was very cool.

thinking fast and slow was great. like Gladwell but with deeper psychological studies and explained in more complex detail.

lastly was the so you've been shamed.....its just him going around talking to people that had their lives wrecked on twitter and fb and just forumulating his own opinions and theorys.....I kept hoping for some type of scientific or psychological studies or evidence but none were produced.....some of the stories were entertaining to read....ie...lady that got shamed into oblivion for telling black joke on twitter about aids lol.....but mostly was just like listening to a completely opinion based 8hr podcast. *fart noise*
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #63
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Old 07-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #64
Ghost1

oh do you like that book? what is it?
Old 07-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #65
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Old 07-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #66
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Just watch the show.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #67
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Just finished Art of War again, I got more from it the second time.

Currently reading 'God - A guide for the perplexed' by Keith Ward. It's an interesting commentary on the historical and current ideas of God. A little too biased perhaps, but historically accurate and well written.

I'm also reading a book called Freudian Slips...which details a lot of interesting psychological phenomena.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #68
Ghost1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Just finished Art of War again, I got more from it the second time.

Currently reading 'God - A guide for the perplexed' by Keith Ward. It's an interesting commentary on the historical and current ideas of God. A little too biased perhaps, but historically accurate and well written.

I'm also reading a book called Freudian Slips...which details a lot of interesting psychological phenomena.
Currently reading Carl Jungs psychological types.......his theory on the god complex in man's unconcious mind thru out history is fucking fascinating
Old 07-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #69
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

SURE SOUNDS IT
Old 07-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #70
Ghost1

Lmaoo
Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #71
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Currently reading Carl Jungs psychological types.......his theory on the god complex in man's unconcious mind thru out history is fucking fascinating
I haven't read that...I definitely will. I'm much more of a Jung fan than a Freud fan.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #72
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

1. On Writing by Stephen King (4/5)
2. Your Republic is Calling You by Young Ha Kim (4/5)
3. Kafka On the Shore by Haruki Murakami (5/5)
4. The Guest by Hwang Sok Yong (4/5)
5. After Dark by Haruki Murakami (4/5)
6. The Vegetarian by Han Kang (4/5)
7. American Nations by Collin Woodard (5/5)
8. The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut (4/5)
9. I'll Be Right There by Kyung Sook Shin (4/5)
10. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami (5/5)
11. Without You There Is No Us by Suki Kim (4/5)
12. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (5/5)
13. I Have the Right to Destroy Myself by Young Ha Kim (3/5)
14. Sightseeing by Rattawut Lapcharoensap (4/5)
15. Atlas of Cursed Places by Olivier Le Carrer (3/5)
16. My Financial Career and Other Follies by Stephen Leacock (3/5)
17. Joseph Anton by Salman Rushdie (4/5)
18. Lua: Art of the Hawaiian Warrior by Richard Paglinawan (4/5)
19. Me by Tomoyuki Hoshino (3/5)
20. The Red Shark by Ruth Tabrah (4/5)
21. The Domino Diaries by Brin-Jonathan Butler (4/5)
22. The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings (4/5)
23. Black Flower by Young Ha Kim (4/5)

Really interesting historical fiction. It's based on the true, little-known story of 1000 Koreans who moved to Mexico to work on haciendas in the early 1900s, who end up getting scattered across N. America, fighting in revolutionary wars, and coping with the loss of their nation (which came under Japanese occupation shortly after they left). Young Ha Kim excels at humanizing our most perverse human instincts, and even though the actual narrative can be thin at times, enough happens to keep the pages turning quickly. Not as good as "Your Republic Is Calling You" but definitely better than "I Have The Right To Destroy Myself." If you like Murakami, you'll definitely enjoy Kim.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #73
Tha Pastor Reach Yeah
Allan o dywyllwch

Battle Record: 10-0

Champed
- AOWL Season 7
- Art of Writing League

Tha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant future

1. Alive in Christ - Stuart Olyott 3/5
2. Dare To Stand Alone - Stuart Olyott 4/5
3. God Strengthens - Derek Thomas 4/5
4. Exodus For You - Tim Chester 3/5
5. Born Before Midnight - A.W. Tozer 4/5
6. Memoirs of Thomas Boston 5/5
7. 2000 Years of Christ's Power Vol. 3 - Nick Needham 4/5
8. Glory of Christ - John Owen 4/5
9. Desiring God - John Piper 4/5
10. The Great Ejection - Gary Brady 3/5
11. The Holiness of God - R.C. Sproul 5/5
12. Expository Sermons in Revelation Vol. 1 - W.A. Chriswell 4/5
13. Expository Sermons in Revelation Vol. 2 - W.A. Chriswell 3/5
14. Confessions - Saint Augustine 5/5 - Considering this is a religious, historical and literary classic, there were a few parts to this that I felt were kinda weak really, where Augustine used pretty poor circular logic and tied himself up in knots somewhat, especially regarding past, present, future and memory, but overall this was an incredibly fascinating piece of work, part biographical, part theological, and at times times it broke out into a very exciting read. I'd probably gain more from this with each additional time I read it, so I think its well worthy of its classic status.
15. Expository Sermons in Revelation Vol. 3 - W.A. Chriswell 4/5 - this is an excellent series of teaching on the book of Revelation, not giving itself over too much to speculation but grounding itself in Scripture teaching, and there were some very powerful chapters in volume 3 of a 5 volume series that makes this worthy of a 4 out of 5. I'm really gaining a lot from this series.

New Graphic Novels for this year:

1. Batman Eternal Vol. 1 - Scott Snyder 4/5
2. Batman Eternal Vol. 2 - Scott Snyder 3/5
3. Flashpoint - Geoff Johns 4/5
4. Flash: Savage World - Robert Venditti 3/5
5. Flash: Zoom - Robert Venditti 3/5
6. Justice League: Origin - Geoff Johns 1/5
7. Old Man Logan - Mark Millar 4/5

Currently reading The Two Covenants by Andrew Murray, Expository Sermons in Revelation Vol. 4 - W.A. Chriswell, and a free 2nd hand copy of JM Barrie's Peter Pan, which after a couple of chapters in is absolutely mesmerizing.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #74
Ghost1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Pastor Reach Yeah View Post
1. Alive in Christ - Stuart Olyott 3/5
2. Dare To Stand Alone - Stuart Olyott 4/5
3. God Strengthens - Derek Thomas 4/5
4. Exodus For You - Tim Chester 3/5
5. Born Before Midnight - A.W. Tozer 4/5
6. Memoirs of Thomas Boston 5/5
7. 2000 Years of Christ's Power Vol. 3 - Nick Needham 4/5
8. Glory of Christ - John Owen 4/5
9. Desiring God - John Piper 4/5
10. The Great Ejection - Gary Brady 3/5
11. The Holiness of God - R.C. Sproul 5/5
12. Expository Sermons in Revelation Vol. 1 - W.A. Chriswell 4/5
13. Expository Sermons in Revelation Vol. 2 - W.A. Chriswell 3/5
14. Confessions - Saint Augustine 5/5 - Considering this is a religious, historical and literary classic, there were a few parts to this that I felt were kinda weak really, where Augustine used pretty poor circular logic and tied himself up in knots somewhat, especially regarding past, present, future and memory, but overall this was an incredibly fascinating piece of work, part biographical, part theological, and at times times it broke out into a very exciting read. I'd probably gain more from this with each additional time I read it, so I think its well worthy of its classic status.
15. Expository Sermons in Revelation Vol. 3 - W.A. Chriswell 4/5 - this is an excellent series of teaching on the book of Revelation, not giving itself over too much to speculation but grounding itself in Scripture teaching, and there were some very powerful chapters in volume 3 of a 5 volume series that makes this worthy of a 4 out of 5. I'm really gaining a lot from this series.

New Graphic Novels for this year:

1. Batman Eternal Vol. 1 - Scott Snyder 4/5
2. Batman Eternal Vol. 2 - Scott Snyder 3/5
3. Flashpoint - Geoff Johns 4/5
4. Flash: Savage World - Robert Venditti 3/5
5. Flash: Zoom - Robert Venditti 3/5
6. Justice League: Origin - Geoff Johns 1/5
7. Old Man Logan - Mark Millar 4/5

Currently reading The Two Covenants by Andrew Murray, Expository Sermons in Revelation Vol. 4 - W.A. Chriswell, and a free 2nd hand copy of JM Barrie's Peter Pan, which after a couple of chapters in is absolutely mesmerizing.
I had picked up john calvins one book........I forget what its called....I think its his most famous one?> was pretty dense...........I want to get back to it but have so many other books in and out of rotation right now
Old 07-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #75
Ghost1

1. Art of war by Sun Tzu (5/10)
2. 48 laws of power by Robert Greene (7/10)
3. how to influence people and make friends by Dale Carnegie (6/10)
4. the power of now by Eckhart Tolle (8/10)
5. think and grow rich by Napolean Hill (7/10)
6. the little prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (8/10)
7. outliers by Malcom Gladwell (8/10)
8. the power of the subconscious mind by Joseph Murphy (6/10)
9. Animal Farm (8/10)
10. Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse (8/10)
11. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens (9/10)
12. Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy (10/10)
13. Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy by Douglas adams (9/10)
14. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (9/10)
15. 11/22/63 by Stephen King (10/10)
16. The Stand by Stephen King (10/10)
17. The power of the dog by Don Winslow (10/10)
18. Astrophysics for people in a hurry by Neil DeGrasse Tyson (10/10)
19. The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow (10/10)
20. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (6/10)
21. What Every Body is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People by Joe Navarro (7/10)
22. Ego is the enemy by Ryan Holiday (7/10)
23. King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine by Robert Moore and Douglass Gillette (10/10)
24. Modern man in search of a soul by Carl Jung (8/10)
25. IT by Stephen King (10/10)
26. The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker (6/10)
27. The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker (10/10)
28. Marley and Me by John Grogan (8/10)
29. The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo (7/10)
30. The Social Animal by Elliot Aronson (10/10)
31. The subtle art of not giving a fuck by Mark Manson (6/10)
32. Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner (8/10)
33. David and Galiath by Malcom Gladwell (8/10)
34. American Gods by Neil Gaiman (8/10)
35. Blink by Malcom Gladwell (8/10)
36. The Holy Bible (NIV) (10/10)
37. Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson (10/10)
38. The Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Musashi (7/10)
39. Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate (6/10)
40. The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined by Stephen pinker (9/10)
41. Thinking Fast and Slow By Daniel Kahneman (9/10)
42. so you've been publicly shamed by Jon Ronson (6/10)
43. Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz (7/10)
44. what the dog saw by Malcom Gladwell (8/10)
45. A Brief History of time by Stephen Hawking (10/10)

everybody lies was a fun little read about google search with quirky facts like men search how to suck their own dicks more than they search how to best eat pussy.....and eventually other more serious topics. ultimately it made me think of how much more I enjoy gladwell......so I picked up what the dog saw lol. which was pretty great. typical gladwell.

then I tortured myself with that hawkings book this weekend. the chapter on blackholes was nearly incomprehensible. for the most part tho I loved this book....I can honestly say I understand spacetime finally lol. also really really loved the chapter of time arrows and why time moves forward based on the laws of thermodynamics. I feel like he described quantum mechanics and quantum gravity along with m theory a lot better in the grand design though so im glad I had read that prior to this. just picked up string theory for dummies which explains it without mathematical equations so im pretty excited to check that out next. quantum mechanics is kindve wack to me tho. idgaf about elements.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #76
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

A great story tittle
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #77
Ghost1

stfu idiot

ill fucking punch ur head in till you look and think like normal people do
Old 07-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #78
Tha Pastor Reach Yeah
Allan o dywyllwch

Battle Record: 10-0

Champed
- AOWL Season 7
- Art of Writing League

Tha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I had picked up john calvins one book........I forget what its called....I think its his most famous one?> was pretty dense...........I want to get back to it but have so many other books in and out of rotation right now
Institutes, possibly?

I'd love to get his commentaries but I'll have to wait til I'm a bit richer I think!
Old 07-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #79
Ghost1

yea I tried to get his sermons on job that you mentioned and it was impossible to find.....thru bootleg means lol.

and id have to do some searching to tell you honestly.....I know it was on libravox or whatever that site is called tho which was nice.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #80
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Don’t sleep on zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote