Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 2 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Playoffs Round 2: No. 2 Vividlyvague vs. No. 7 NYCSPITZ - VIVIDLYVAGUE WINS BY NO-SHOW

WELCOME TO ROUND 2

Verses due: Tuesday, Dec. 17, 11:59 p.m. PT

Voting deadline: Friday, Dec. 20, 11:59 p.m. PT

Line limits: 48 lines maximum unless agreed upon before either opponent posts a verse.

Requirement: Vote on all three second-round battles and post links in this thread. For each missing vote, two votes will be deducted.

Topic

Good luck @Vividlyvague @NYCSPITZ
Old 12-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
e11even
V.V

Battle Record: 31-20

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

Sup.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

sup g
Old 12-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

ext? no sleep...workin...sleepin after up 2 u tho @Vividlyvague
Old 12-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
e11even
V.V

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

No extension. I needta drop this doodoo tonight.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #6
e11even
V.V

Default Damsel.

"oh, the blood! The humanity! Who would do such a thing?!"
The dazed widow paced ever so frantically, a medley of shag carpet rings.
Oh, what will I ever do? I should call the police! "Emergency please!"
The silence unbearable, her mind slowly sinks... ...such a sweetheart to me!

Pending the authorities' arrival, clutching a bible... she searches for clues...
that same bible Ben would use. "Something will happen for God to get into you!"
He always joked about it... my love for that bag of shoes... His mangled chest cavity fumed.
Flies and an odor that could deter a pirate from jewels... his attire his occupational proof.

My beloved slain used car salesman! fighting april showers in June, she wipes the foundation that oozed...
Next room, trudging through the struggle's site to the place where she'd pruned; her haven on lonely moons at the right...
white marble counters and spotless masonry... Mr. Clean wouldn't gripe. But he'd have a stroke this night.
An obnoxious smear caught her sight, the bright red and burgundy gore glinting in the light...

"FOR WHERE JEALOUSY AND SELFISH AMBITION EXISTS..." Ben once quoted this line...
The bible study had just finished it's rites. The deacon told him this with, "Say this to your wife."
And so he did. But it made no sense! Sigh, is that deacon the reason you died?
Ben! Just come back! You're supposed to be alive!
She snaps to at the bedroom closet light.

Flips the switch. There's a crimson pooling coming from inside.
Hands shaking vigorously, she tries for the handle close-eyed and blind.
KREEEEKKK! Another body. She cries out, "Someone help me!" Tears drop, making the plasma divide.
Body was the bare, feminine kind. Long, slender jab wounds along the neck and the spine.

There's a glimmer of a memory's page... bloody prints of a runner unscathed...
... leading to the side lawn where a body, gutted, now lays... she gasps,
The O'Malley girl used to bring us her bakes! Chocolate chip cookies and cakes!
She approaches the teen... Oh, but what a mistake!! seeing a bloody gnome near the rakes, trying to remember the haze...

She touched the throbbing mess above the nape of her neck.
Saw an apron, two gloves, an uncased cigarette...
the foul odor from the entrails left a taste to regret,
So she backtracked to escape, lest the brute wave take her breath.

You should calm your nerves, Glenda... "A square for a square wife." She puffed.
Ben waited for "real life" while she wanted to be his ideal perfection, realized,
She scoffed, "How will I ever feel life if my love is dead?" Open your ill mind...
The quote is the key...
Glenda froze, the stale cig inhaled had her choking to breathe.

"What?!" In a fit of terrible disbelief, rattled nerves and scared, chattering teeth
the recall began... the key turning the knob, you entered the suite...
went straight to the kitchen from work, knowing he'd praise what you gave him to eat...

"No..." You heard a noise... nagging and repetitive even... apron equipped, you would seek...

"NO!" Glenda grabbing her ears, as if to make the voices stop, breaking down to one knee.
The good wife, and anxious to be, you investigate the realm of your intimacies...
"Stop, please!!" The feeling unbearable, she goes to open Ben's bible to read...
Only to find that receptionist straddling slease... the very kind you married... and went on a spree...

"That can't be true!!" Panic ran through her, trembling in an extreme state of unease...
Read it! She opened the book, butcher knife spilling out, staking the floor in front of her bloody feet.

"GASP!" She dropped the hollow book in the loudest of shrieks... "My bag of shoes had all control over me!"
Your mind isn't yours as you supposed it would be, but listen... she shrunk in defeat,

...THERE WILL BE DISORDER IN EVERY VILE PRACTICE! A terrible grin surfaced...
"Oh, Ben. I escaped the ward for this? You've hurt our union... your SOUL is worthless!
We Tried! We really did! Glenda and Amy worried nights over whether you'd remarry and have kids!
OUR FAULT?! You know in crime movies there can't even be a half stack snitch! Fuck you, your kid AND that bitch!"

Last edited by e11even; 12-19-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Closed Thread