Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2013, 05:03 AM   #21
detour

Accomplishments
- Beat Diz (via Real Deal Handshake)

detour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant future

that's like releasing an album that u have to buy, download to ur computer, pay for again, then charge u extra if anyone else in ur home wants to hear it...charging per album is one thing, charging per listener is another...same with charging per copy of the game vs charging each person that plays it...

wouldn't be surprised if we find out the kinect can read biometric feedback an tell if the person who originally registered the game is the one playing an if not then it makes u pay again...
detour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #22
BottomUp Raps

BottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant futureBottomUp Raps has a brilliant future

I think it looks quite cool and as the company i work for is contracted by Microsoft Business Developments, we get one free Microsoft product free every year and i am getting the xbox one and i am going to put the new board and drive into my own custom case that looks better
BottomUp Raps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #23
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

pc>
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
pc>
obv

but some games are just so much better on consoles

and i've always sided with xbox but this shit is not dope

i will be on team sony for the next 5-6 years if they don't change half the shit they did
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Battle Record: 0-1

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYSON View Post
@anime boners...when playing your fighting games do u play with an arcade stick and where can I find one under $100
yeah

I came up in arcades in the day, so I could never adapt to the pad.

you can look on amazon though, but I don't recommend the real cheap ones, as they typically come with shit parts.

are you looking for specific stuff? like do you just want a stick, or do you have preferences.. bat top/ ball top/ convex buttons / concave buttons ?

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Stree...fightstick+360

this is on amazon for 99.99 if that floats your boat. mad catz was once known for being shitty, but, their sticks are legit. mad catz only really builds the case. the joystick/buttons are sanwa parts.

if I were you, I'd look more in to it, to see how easily it can be modded. because the cool thing about stick, opposed to pads, is that when the parts wear out, you can replace them fairly cheaply and easily.

like, I'm currently using one of these (one of the first sticks for current gen consoles)

I've had it for like 3 years, and just replace the buttons and sticks as they die, rather than having to buy new pads.

Back in the day man, some of the older sticks, especially US built ones, you had to fucking desodder and resodder the parts if you wanted to change out buttons/stick.. it's really come a long way.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #26
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

OH! @TYSON

UFGT is this weekend.

mad catz almost always does a sale across the weekend of a major tournament. you can look into that.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #27
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Battle Record: 10-15

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_boners View Post
yeah

I came up in arcades in the day, so I could never adapt to the pad.

you can look on amazon though, but I don't recommend the real cheap ones, as they typically come with shit parts.

are you looking for specific stuff? like do you just want a stick, or do you have preferences.. bat top/ ball top/ convex buttons / concave buttons ?

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Stree...fightstick+360

this is on amazon for 99.99 if that floats your boat. mad catz was once known for being shitty, but, their sticks are legit. mad catz only really builds the case. the joystick/buttons are sanwa parts.

if I were you, I'd look more in to it, to see how easily it can be modded. because the cool thing about stick, opposed to pads, is that when the parts wear out, you can replace them fairly cheaply and easily.

like, I'm currently using one of these (one of the first sticks for current gen consoles)

I've had it for like 3 years, and just replace the buttons and sticks as they die, rather than having to buy new pads.

Back in the day man, some of the older sticks, especially US built ones, you had to fucking desodder and resodder the parts if you wanted to change out buttons/stick.. it's really come a long way.
Holy shit, you are the Man. I'm at work so ain't got time to chop it up like I want bout this. I have found myself getting serious about my ssf4 gaming as of late. I got more questions to ask if u don't mind give me a few.
TYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #28
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

ask away!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #29
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

First, u said modded. Does that just mean replacing parts or screwing with the actual joystick functions? (I'm illiterate on this)
Second, since u always use sticks so u probably wouldn't know. But is the transition from pad to stick difficult to overcome? I have been through hundreds of loses trying to get combos to work in actual gameplay. Its actually coming together cause I am not forcing combos all the time and starting to react with them. Some are almost impossible to achieve at the moment. Don't think u play ssf4 but the simplest mp to low mk is hard to me, bad timing maybe.
Third, plinking? Wat the fuck? Lol

This is why I want the arcade stick the button accessibility seems quicker and less far away, if that makes since. Also do all arcade sticks work with all fighting games?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #30
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

xbpx one shits on ps4 all day. spec wise and ability wise. xbox is creating the future and advancing technology , sony isnt.
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #31
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Who the hell is god of war?? I've heard the name somewhere but its been awhile the I remember ran off on his site. Lol
Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #32
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

lmao i been deep in the world of gaming bro. actually starting on creating an indie console game

how you doing tyson
Old 05-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #33
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

I'm good bro how the family doing?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #34
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
I'm good bro how the family doing?
that shit sucks bro lmao i never knew havign a kid was this fucking hard

it screams n shit, usually waits tll im ready to sleep or its mom is away before it just decides to go full out nuts and start yelling and screaming at everything/
Old 05-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #35
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Lmao yea its the job of all jobs. But enjoy it while u can cause once they walking and talking then it becomes even harder, to me. But I commend u for stepping up tho. I'm sure it has its great moments.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #36
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Quote:
First, u said modded. Does that just mean replacing parts or screwing with the actual joystick functions? (I'm illiterate on this)
Second, since u always use sticks so u probably wouldn't know. But is the transition from pad to stick difficult to overcome? I have been through hundreds of loses trying to get combos to work in actual gameplay. Its actually coming together cause I am not forcing combos all the time and starting to react with them. Some are almost impossible to achieve at the moment. Don't think u play ssf4 but the simplest mp to low mk is hard to me, bad timing maybe.
Third, plinking? Wat the fuck? Lol

This is why I want the arcade stick the button accessibility seems quicker and less far away, if that makes since. Also do all arcade sticks work with all fighting games?
modded can be simply new buttons, new stick, or just even new art. it can also mean modded as in, additional wiring for new systems. for example, if you own an xbox at home, and your tourney scene runs on ps3 - you can get a dual system mod done (much harder than just switching out the buttons)

the transition from pad to stick is as hard as it is for me going stick to pad. it's taking what you're used to and doing completely different. you input your directions with your thumbs, now you'll be using your wrist. it takes time to get used to. I personally feel that the stick is superior, because of the FG button lay out. There are a lot of advanced input techniques that a pad layout just doesn't support.

Having trouble with 'forcing combos' seems to me like you might be learning them wrong. The best way to learn combos is to practice combos based on situations.

Example: I dabble with SSF4, and I play Sakura. I practice my combos based on how I start them.

Walk up hit confirm such as (cr. lk,) cr. lp cr. lp cr. mk xx hp DP > not sak's best most optimal damage combo but you land it the most, because you confirm into it safely.

Then I have a big punish combo (ie blocked DP/Super/whatever leaves them open for a long time) with the st. mk starter into tatsu loop.

Then I have mixup combos I go into. Off hard down into a cross up/not cross up situation I have a simpler tatsu loop with a jump in starter.. for her throw/tech blow up mix up, I have a lk. tatsu starter..

I also have a few other small combos I can safely confirm from frame traps and such..

Basically though, when i was younger, I'd do what I'm guessing you do.. which is just go into training, learn a combo, then go into match just expecting to walk to the guy and do said combo w/o thinking about how to actually get the hit that starts the combo.

Offense in SF (and fighting games in general) should be built on not what you do with a hit, but how you get it. The combo should just be your reaction to the hit landing.

Plinking. Aka P-linking. Short for priority linking.

To understand plinking you must first understand links and various other link executing techniques.

(I assume you understand hit stun and block stun, and frame advantage, if not feel free to ask about)

A link is a form of combo where one hit connects, and leaves the opponent in enough hit stun, for said move to go through all of its recovery, and keep them in stun long enough for another move to start up, go active, and hit.

Example. if Ryu's cr. mp is is say, +6 on hit.. meaning after it hits, and recovers, Ryu is back neutral 6 frames before his opponent. and lets say, his cr. mk is 6 frames start up then this is a 1 frame link. meaning you have to input that mk, on the exact frame that Ryu recovers from cr. mp.

In the old days, (and to this day, in games aside from SF4) to make links with tight timing easier, we did what was called "double tap". So you'd do cr. mp, then around the time in which Ryu recovers.. but instead of pressing mk once, you pressed it twice in quick succession with two fingers
(random example on youtube [srsly everything is on youtube])

what this did was give you two chances to hit the link. but, it's kinda sloppy.. since it isn't EXACTLY two frames in a row that the button gets hit.. but it helps.

the next technique is "piaono'ing". I learned this in SF3 3rd Strike. It's similar to double tapping, but instead of hitting the same button twice, you tap all three punch or kick buttons in a row, with similar timing to a double tap.. Basically, this was for linking a normal into a super.

example Ken's super "shippu jinrai kyakuu" is 2 frames start up (retarded) so basically, anything with +3 on hit or more, was a fairly easy confirm... just stick out a normal poke, buffer the directional input, and on reaction to a hit you'd piano the three kick buttons hk~mk~lk in a row, with three different fingers. ie ring finger on hk, middle finger on mk, and pointer on lk.

what this did was give you 6 different chances for the super to come out. one on each button press, AND on each button release.

now that you've had your history lesson: p-linking is piano'ing two buttons to make a 1 frame link, a 2 frame link.

why it works:

before I teach you how to plink you have to understand button priority, in every fighting game, some buttons have priority on others.In other words, if you hit two buttons together, only one move can come out, so the higher priority button comes out. In SF4 the heavier attacks have priority over the lighter attacks, and kicks have priority over punches. So if you press mk and lk together, this gives you a mk every time.

*note: do not confuse the button priority for what people call "priority" in the sense of what moves win over other moves (this form of priority is purely conceptual, and doesnt really exist).

So now, the next ingredient in why plinking works is a confusing ass system of how this game reads inputs... but basically if you go into training mode and you set it so your inputs are displayed and you "piano" two buttons.. let's use mk to lk.. if your timing is right it will display the inputs as

LK+MK
MK

meaning the first button you pressed was MK, and the second button, gets read as LK+MK for some reason when two buttons are pressed within one frame of each other, the game reads that input as both being pressed togethr (probably because an Ultra requires 3 buttons at once, and humans arent perfect enough to hit all 3 buttons at the exact same frame every time)

so in other words, based on the way it reads inputs AND the button priority.. when you piano two buttons, with second button being lower on the priority scale, the game reads it, as two presses of the same button.. and if you did it right, you KNOW that it was two precise frames in a row.

so to simplify it, when you want to give yourself an extra frame to land your link > piano one button back in priority. the easiest way is to tap medium attack~light attack, or hard~medium, of the same.. ie punch to punch and kick to kick.. only if you want to link into a lk, do you have to go up to lp.. and sadly since nothing is lower than lp on the priority scale, cant be plinked.. but typically the harder links dont involve having to link INTO light attacks.

this is an extremely long and detailed explanation BUT dont get disheartened because in execution it's not nearly as difficult to do, as it is to read and understand technical mumbo jumbo of it.

THIS IS AN INCREDIBLY GOOD TUTORIAL ON EXECUTION TECHNIQUES
SEEING IT IN ACTION SHOULD HELP A TON VS READING IT
Old 05-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #37
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Fighting game guru .....somebody give this man a accomplishment for this @Knucklehead