Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2014, 04:53 AM   #181
Malachi
Negus

Battle Record: 5-10

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Malachi

Thanks
Old 07-26-2014, 06:47 AM   #182
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

word man you got this bro that was solid too

im gonna be busy this weekend but i will make a new vid soon, long thorough one
Old 08-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #183
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future

think this one gon be my best one yet
Old 08-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #184
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

not finished but i think this one is goin well

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/blue-city

this is like the foundation , rough draft u could say. its at 93 bpm.
i dont want to do too much wit the drums shit i just like it at the 12 12 yknow but i dont want it to be to empty you know

i tried samplin two songs this time but the sample from the second song is just in the bridge

what you think?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #185
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh added the drums
think i ruined it tbhh

compare this one: https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/blue-city-1
wit the older version
and tell me what u think
Old 08-04-2014, 03:20 AM   #186
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

^
Old 08-04-2014, 07:19 AM   #187
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

ima peep these after work
Old 08-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #188
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

first versions cool. snare might be a little too loud, maybe the sample could just be turned up more in the mid/highs, im listening through my monitors tho my headphones are dead at the moment but it seems bassy enough. but yea this is slickness and all the samples vibe

second version you definately ruined haha

drums are way to active

maybe if you did that as a change up like every 4 bars it would work better, but yea i mean there is sections where its sick, like with the vocals the drum spazzes were dope, before the "bridge" part im guessing, with the crazy horn and shit that was cool too

but yea i mean those drums aint bad during the hook/bridge part, but just let the one two kick snare drive the main patterns cuz the bassline in the sample and guitar or whatever are doing enough to drive the groove
Old 08-05-2014, 01:20 AM   #189
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
first versions cool. snare might be a little too loud, maybe the sample could just be turned up more in the mid/highs, im listening through my monitors tho my headphones are dead at the moment but it seems bassy enough. but yea this is slickness and all the samples vibe

second version you definately ruined haha

drums are way to active

maybe if you did that as a change up like every 4 bars it would work better, but yea i mean there is sections where its sick, like with the vocals the drum spazzes were dope, before the "bridge" part im guessing, with the crazy horn and shit that was cool too

but yea i mean those drums aint bad during the hook/bridge part, but just let the one two kick snare drive the main patterns cuz the bassline in the sample and guitar or whatever are doing enough to drive the groove
is this better ?
https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/blue-city-v3

i kept the two kicks at where he made a mouth noise

but i took out one of the kicksnarekick in hte main and just had one at the end of the 4 bars like u recommended
Old 08-05-2014, 02:55 AM   #190
DLB
COLTS GANG

Battle Record: 5-6

DLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-level

fire shit mal, 1st version hot, same with 3rd version. just needs some EQ in certain areas and some editing through the track, but it's good

2nd version is ruined by two much drum action as uhoh said.

u have been getting the idea of sampling though, what songs did you sample?

Last edited by DLB; 08-05-2014 at 02:58 AM.
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #191
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@DLB

Marvin Gaye's - What's Happening Brother & Inner City Blues

I'm not even sure what EQ Is lol
Old 08-05-2014, 04:37 AM   #192
DLB
COLTS GANG

Battle Record: 5-6

DLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
@DLB

Marvin Gaye's - What's Happening Brother & Inner City Blues

I'm not even sure what EQ Is lol
gotcha

EQ is Equalizer. easier saying, it's used for different distributions and touch-ups to various sounds, like if u wanted to use the bass of a sample or add more treble to it, EQ is for that. i'll give u an example w/ a beat i've been working on just for the fuk of it

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12877154

listen to how the snares, etc have more depth in certain areas and fill the sound. i still need to tweak it a bit, but it was just for example. i used a sample and stole a lot of the bass out of it to use, threw in a synth as well. i think every thing in that was eq'd to give more depth

EDIT: you must be using the uh-oh drum kit, ur drums sound somewhat so crisp for no EQ. you prob wont even need to if u have good enough EQ'd sounds tbh

Last edited by DLB; 08-05-2014 at 04:46 AM.
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:17 AM   #193
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

word @DLB ill try figuring that out workin next timee . might just use it on my older ones actually.
@uh-oh hows the vid goin?

meanwhile ill be startin a new one ig

Last edited by Malachi; 08-07-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:22 AM   #194
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

@uh-oh, you in for a topical battle?

Topic choices (you can pick):

The Empire's Fall
Saving the Savages
Blood Brothers

Max length: 32 lines.
Due in a week.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:00 AM   #195
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

certain, i want to accept but i know inevitably i would no show for two reasons. right now i want to write, but when the time comes to write, i won't want too. and on the offchance i do find a half hour block to key up perfection like i USUALLY DO, 32 lines isnt enough

when the aowl comes back i'll sign up for that or something tho

but in case you were wondering

the empires fall would be a tale of a rogue sorceror slowly poisoning the emperor and manipulating him with fear to do the sorcerors bidding until the people get so neglected they riot and the emperors own guard comes after him and in the midst of he chaos the sorceror destroys the entire city of NOVA and the end. thats what i would be trying to fit in 32.

saving the savages i would flip, it would be about a roman type army moving through unconquered lands, with a "savage" guide. they are coming to conquer and the "savage" knows his people are gonna murk the roman dudes, and he views the romans as savages that need saving, sure they got aqueducts but they don't have spiritual peace, so instead of leading them to there deaths on swords where they will be denied salvation he leads them to there deaths in the cold of the mountains

blood brothers inspires nothing in me. maybe gladitorial things. couple roman gladiators in an upstart college looking out for eachother on there climb to glory in a shitty roman upstart town. they fight mountain trolls(gorillas) and die. the end.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #196
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

malachi im gonna try and make time this weekend fasho.

since you got the basics down im gonna go more advanced, maybe just with FL functions instead of chopping smaller. because it requires less explanation

the chopping tutorials are a bit more involved and tough to do because i'll be wanting to type in notepad explaining what im doing to much.

but word i got a couple vids to do
Old 08-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #197
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

what instruments going at 49:42??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBIVd-UqhYw

trap drum thingy

how do i make simple/ garbage trap beats?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #198
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
certain, i want to accept but i know inevitably i would no show for two reasons. right now i want to write, but when the time comes to write, i won't want too. and on the offchance i do find a half hour block to key up perfection like i USUALLY DO, 32 lines isnt enough

when the aowl comes back i'll sign up for that or something tho

but in case you were wondering

the empires fall would be a tale of a rogue sorceror slowly poisoning the emperor and manipulating him with fear to do the sorcerors bidding until the people get so neglected they riot and the emperors own guard comes after him and in the midst of he chaos the sorceror destroys the entire city of NOVA and the end. thats what i would be trying to fit in 32.

saving the savages i would flip, it would be about a roman type army moving through unconquered lands, with a "savage" guide. they are coming to conquer and the "savage" knows his people are gonna murk the roman dudes, and he views the romans as savages that need saving, sure they got aqueducts but they don't have spiritual peace, so instead of leading them to there deaths on swords where they will be denied salvation he leads them to there deaths in the cold of the mountains

blood brothers inspires nothing in me. maybe gladitorial things. couple roman gladiators in an upstart college looking out for eachother on there climb to glory in a shitty roman upstart town. they fight mountain trolls(gorillas) and die. the end.
Just write one of those up and then post it. Shit, I'm not calling you out because of a grudge. I just wanted to see you write something real. I figured those topics would be up your alley.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #199
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

You ever go out of yo comfort zone like try something other than soulful beats.

I was thinking of making some trip hop shit or reggae samples but been holdin off on the reggae shit.

Also good look on the vid, take yo time
Old 08-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #200
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i stay away from trip hop since its kind of already hip hopish. like its beats already know what i mean. i tend to only sample stuff that isnt hip hop, and make it hip hop

but yea i sample soul mostly just cuz its what speaks to me

but i also go for movie soundtracks, library music soundtracks from europe (its like instrumental stuff, background music for stuff), rock occasionally there is just so much trash tho i stay away from it. but when you find a dope rock sample its usually EXTREMELY dope. just alot harder to find something inspiring. i sample gospel but thats more in the same vein as soul, i've sampled video game music, i've sampled reggae

sample anything really.

i just try and stay in the 1968-1975 range. but again you can find dope stuff before then, and after that, i just tend to find doper stuff in those years

Tags
become one w/ buttplug, lower tier scissorfags, meth induced tutorial, stole swamp things walkman, the zen of sodomy and cake