Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > The Summer Classic V
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default God of War vs. Philly {Philly wins}

The Summer Classic V
The Premier Text Battling Tournament

@God Of War @Philly @The Bully

Rules

Due Dates:
  • Verses are due Wednesday,
    July 3rd, 2013 @ 11:59 PM PST.
  • Check Ins are due Sunday, June 30th, 2013 @ 11:59 PM PST
  • Voting ends Sunday, July 7th, 11:59 PM PST.
  • Battles that lack votes may close later.
  • One sided battles may get closed early.
  • Extensions are normally 24 hours
    (unless requested otherwise, that is),
    can be no longer than 48 hours
    and have to be granted by your opponent.

Line Limit:
  • Min. = 10 lines
  • Max. = 16 lines
  • The max. can be higher if different is agreed upon by both. If no line agreement is made you CANNOT go above 16 lines

General Rules:
  • 1st person to post can't edit after the 2nd person posts.
  • 2nd person to post can't edit after a vote has been made.
  • Feeding = DQ.
  • Recycling = DQ.
  • Biting = DQ.
  • No freeposting, swaying or bitching.
  • Unless a picture battle is agreed upon,
    linking to your opponent's picture or posting it
    means you will disqualified.
  • A check in IS mandatory.
  • Competitors should agree on a line limit in their check in.
  • If no line limit is agreed on, then the 2nd person to post
    must match the 1st person's line amount.
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

SO WE MEET AGAIN

Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Philly
Only The Strong Survive

Battle Record: 8-8

Philly is on a distinguished road

God DA GAWD.
Let's make it a classic one homie, good luck
Old 06-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

12 done n ready when u are bro
Old 07-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
God Of War
The Landlord

16 sent to the knuck
Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

@Philly
Old 07-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
Philly
Only The Strong Survive

My bad, I'ma need that extension playa...
Gotta get my NBL shit up tonight too
Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #8
God Of War
The Landlord

all good my dude u know this, knuckll drop mine it time cuz i wont be on cuz of the fourth

Edit by Knuck

look that hood talk is'nt for you, philly wasnt born goon
if your ever seen with crips, its on the access ramp to your fucking dorm room
college books dont go with common crooks, that mentality runs the world cus
i mean if ur sailing drugs, its on a beer floating across the top of a girls cup
shit son, u dont hold big guns, or do well wit tha pimpin
cuz we know if ur ever seen wit a beretta, its cuz ud go to jail for them chickens
plus u dont lose cuz u no show, so your name is a fools tactic
no ones scared of a bully, who doesnt show up for the fight after school faggot
ur whole rep is ruined, u dont give swirlies or pop nines
so when i school this kid, u'll go from an online bully to looking like one from columbine
ur another dude who likes to pretend, have a seat its time to begin
u'll probably think im ur new doctor phil, when i walk away wit ur wife at the end
to recap ur a fake dealer, n u duck anyone whats got u rattled
so the real diss to me in this match, woudl be u actually showing up to the battle
i just murdered this pussy, so fuck you and that lame ass motto, b
you drink a monster every night to cram for exams, ur girl does it erytime she swallows me
Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #9
Philly
Only The Strong Survive

This is not going to be fun for you.

Listen...

My killer code is take enemies & their families down, so son you better pray
Cuz the only killer code you got...is for a shitty PC game that no one'll ever play
Yea you know the vets in this, and it's cool to show respect but shit...
I'll be frank...you're known for swallowing more weiners than Joey Chestnut did
Say you're doin work... I doubt it. You act like your net-worth breaks thousands
If u EVER seen bags full a cake...he musta uploaded pics from his birthday outing
Homie you ain't tight, your a bum. A terrible father, with that wife who's a dud
So when I kill em, God willing... just a thousand useless online rap sites to his son
I'm a bully & alltime great pal, got plenty of belts that I don't need to flash on display clown
u keep urs in the closet...pre-tied for erry time some1 says u aint good & u start havin a breakdown
Afraid of germs, inside all day? These kinda things should not assimilate with men
This guy would NEVER sit on a John in public...unless he was out on a dinner date wit Hens
Raised a son, now try to grow a life. See I toss stacks to dimes that's down to blow tonight
You throw chips at ya chick... only when ya pissed that ur computer-building ain't goin right
He was a God in this bitch... back before Father Time came & robbed him of wit
Now spruce it up all ya want but the quality's shit...
ur writin verses these days like makin Ramen with Strikt
Old 07-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #10
Greed
Raw

Battle Record: 21-40

Greed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant future

Afterschool columbine and monster were decent. Sailing was alright. Access ramp was cool.

Birthday outing sounded funny. God willing was cool. Breakdown was alright. hens line was slick. Strong closer

Good battle. I can't call it right now.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

cuz we know if ur ever seen wit a beretta, its cuz ud go to jail for them chickens
so when i school this kid, u'll go from an online bully to looking like one from columbine
u'll probably think im ur new doctor phil, when i walk away wit ur wife at the end
you drink a monster every night to cram for exams, ur girl does it erytime she swallows me

seen a lot of crips wordplays, was eh. didn't like sailing. showin up to the battle nah to statementish. monster was alright. rest were cool nameplays and the beretta line was a cool current boarding event bar.

vs

Cuz the only killer code you got...is for a shitty PC game that no one'll ever play

Homie you ain't tight, your a bum. A terrible father, with that wife who's a dud
So when I kill em, God willing... just a thousand useless online rap sites to his son
Afraid of germs, inside all day? These kinda things should not assimilate with men
This guy would NEVER sit on a John in public...unless he was out on a dinner date wit Hens
Raised a son, now try to grow a life. See I toss stacks to dimes that's down to blow tonight
You throw chips at ya chick... only when ya pissed that ur computer-building ain't goin right

breakdown belts not feeling. ramen with strikt was jsut okay. rest was cool john was eh could of been quoted or not. rest was solid as fuck though dope personals

GoW had some nice nameplays but Philly just came more directly personal at his hobbies/career/family.. made his shit hit a lot harder and had LOTB

this was dope and close, tied in quotes but for LOTB and harsher personals I gotta go with

v/Philly

winner wins the tourney

goonies >>>
Old 07-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
Boredom
Been On One

Battle Record: 26-28

Champed
- Newbie Tournament IV

Boredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant future

i mean if ur sailing drugs, its on a beer floating across the top of a girls cup

vs

I'm a bully & alltime great pal, got plenty of belts that I don't need to flash on display clown
u keep urs in the closet...pre-tied for erry time some1 says u aint good & u start havin a breakdown

this was a pretty dope battle, both were consistent.. all in all gow was just more direct with his execution and wording which made for a couple more harder hitters and +1 in the quotables. based off of preference i have GoW taking the edge, dope read.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #13
Atomic
official hypedaddy.

Battle Record: 11-12

Champed
- Sickeningly White Night VI
- Longbar Heavyweight Belt (0x)
- Shortbar Featherweight Belt (0x)

Atomic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Atomic

ook that hood talk is'nt for you, philly wasnt born goon
crip shit is so played but this flip was worded so well idk, i enjoyed it.
not feeling it, punch isn't hard either imo.
ha, dece
lmao, okay
meh
haaa, nice
so the real diss to me in this match, woudl be u actually showing up to the battle
simple, it's ok
seen the monster concept, this was a cool flip.

//

killer code? lol so irrelevant, but it's cool regardless.
concepts played, flip is solid.
Say you're doin work... I doubt it. You act like your net-worth breaks thousands
If u EVER seen bags full a cake...he musta uploaded pics from his birthday outing
lmao, dope
haha, nice
meh, weak
punch is just random/weak but i do like the concept.
wording hurt this, it's okay
this is dope.

philly had better concepts, better verse overall/more complex. idk if it's just me but GoWs concepts are way too simple imo, but that's just me. either way, both had nice verses but philly had less misses/more haymakers.

v/ philly.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #14
Maximus

Battle Record: 25-26

Champed
- NBL Cypher

Maximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant futureMaximus has a brilliant future

GOW
no ones scared of a bully, who doesnt showup for the fight after school faggot
you drink a monster every night to cram forexams, ur girl does it erytime she swallows me
vs
PHIL
Close battle, shit was dope fellas. Philly had the lotb wit the killer code line but he sorta slacked at the end and the wording in the latter part of his verse was poor which made most of the punches weak/fell flat, coulda taken this imo but wasnt as consistent as gow.
V/gow by a tiny margin
Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #15
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

GOW:

Dope: Dr Phil, Monster, show up to the fight
Cool: columbine, selling drugs
Eh: Crips, beretta, show up in this battle

PHIL:

Dope: 1000 rap sites to his son, throw chips @ ur chick
Cool: killer code, swallowing weiners, belts in the closet
Eh: bags full of cake, dinner date w/ hens, ramen w/ strikt

This is really hard to call. GOW had one more bar I thought was dope instead of just cool, but overall Philly got at GOW a little better with personals... reading through once more Ima edge it to GOW by the slightest of margins - even though he didn't have as much of a personal attack he landed his hits just slightly better overall. TBH I wouldn't vote on this if I didn't have to, it's close enough to me that I feel like I shouldn't vote... but yah...

v/ GOW
Old 07-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Fucks wit both y'all.

Good battle here. I got gow with a slight edge and win imo
Both verses were fire/pretty close on the line for line.. but I got gow with a more directed verse.
Good shit @both
Old 07-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

dopeeeee battle. both verses were killer, it just came down to having 1 more quote from philly. awesome stuff, very probably botr

v/philly
Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
Cashius
I'M A MONSTER!

Battle Record: 77-13

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- The Quick & The Dead II
- BA Swag & Flow Tournament
- 1-2 Season 3
- NBL Season 6
- The Elements
- Fall Brawl II
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Season 9
- Summer Classic VII
- 50+ Wins
- The Winter Classic
- Tag Team Tourney
-1-2 Punch League

Cashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant futureCashius has a brilliant future

Beer, Dr. Phil, monster

Vs.

Killer code, willing, chips

Tied in quotes. After reading them all the way through again, I think I preferred Phil's quotes here. Love all around but ima go with him.

Good job gize.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #19
Swerve
SDub

Battle Record: 40-34

Champed
- Alias Tourney III (Heroes vs. Villians)
- Fight Night LXIV
- Netcees Battle League

Swerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant futureSwerve has a brilliant future

vs.

Close as hell to me. I thought that sailing drugs line from GoW was slick and maybe LOTB, but then Philly came back with 2 ones of the same calibre with the God willing and pre-tied line which was ROFLZ. I think I'm going to go with Philly in a close one just because when GoW missed, he missed big while I thought Philly's non-quotes were better.

Vote - Philly

Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #20
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Battle Record: 12-5

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

Beyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant future

Reminds me of that South Park episode, kind of not in a good way though since that was the wordplay for an entire episde. Iffy opener.
Good if you meant running drugs on boats, bad if you meant selling/sailing, though.
Not feeling, too obscure for me.
This is a good personal and true (Blue Bayou fire verse in Fight Night?), but wording at the end was lazy (faggot). I guess going for harshness maybe (seems to be your style), but not my cup.
Cool, kind of played, though. Columbine/school and school this good. Multie is off, too.
[B]I can't give this props. I used Doctor Phil against Philly on RB in like '07, so 6 years ago. And voters didn't even like it then (although he was probably rode, to be fair).
This is hard-hitting, but kind of a self-diss/backfire since he did indeed show up.
I like this closer, reminds me of Hens' 3 Slashes on the Can like Monster Energy line in Summer Classic III, but obviously different wordplay.

vs

Good personal opener.
Just said the be frank cliche is played as fuck, this was worded well, though.
This was a good current event personal line. Interchangable with God of War and Oneduh.
Pretty good and hard-hitting personal nameplay.
This is on the line for too statementish for me. Hard-hitting none the less.
Played word/nameplay and I just said these type of lines are overused in the Cash battle. I did like the flip, though.
This was good. Honestly thought you'd take it in another direction, unexpected. Even better. Personal, too.
Too obscure for me, so you both cancel eachother out on those.

Overall I got Philly. Thought his concepts were better. Ron had crips which is an old wordplay since that South Park episode years old and that was the running joke for the whole episode. Not sure about the sailing/selling. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't mean that, so that was good. Beretta was too obscure for me. Wasn't liking the wording on Bully at the end. I thought the personal hit hard, though. Columbine/school a bit of an old concept as well. I know everyone thought Dr. Phil was dope, but for ME it was ancient. Not a big deal. I've seen lines in most peoples verses this tournament that I used/seen mad years ago get called amazing. Probably been doing this too long. Diss to me now that I look at it again wasn't that creative, was somewhat hard-hitting though on both parties. Monster was probably one his best lines. Philly had killer code which was a strong personal and good concept. Bags full of cake was a good current event line. Be frank is a played cliche, but good wording. God willing was another strong personal and good concept. Closet was a bit statementish, but hard-hitting. John was old with good flip. Chips was another good concept/personal line. Closer was obscure for me. Like I said, Philly just had the better concepts here and had some good wording to make even his older lines hit a bit. GoW had some old lines, too, but his were hard for me to give props to. They were old lines that were more unforgivable than Philly's for me. Overall Philly just came correct here. GoW's strong suit is harsh/hard-hitting punches. Philly's is more creativity. I thought Philly's creativity outshown GoW's harshness here. If they rematch, it could be the other way around. Props to both.

/v philly
Closed Thread