Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2022, 10:36 PM   #241
Soule
Save The Sea

Soule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant future

Facepalm
Old 07-19-2022, 10:42 PM   #242
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Both battles require a significant chunk of time to analyze and give a GOOD vote… that’s the problem with 200 line verses and longer 3 ways. We aren’t carefree youths anymore. Most of us have full time jobs, family commitments, etc. I’ll get it done but honestly it’s not going to be great feedback for any of you from me this week and some of you will be annoyed that I miss things or skim over them in my votes.
@Adverse sounds good for next week brother
Old 07-19-2022, 10:46 PM   #243
Soule
Save The Sea

Soule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant future

I respect you as a writer so a vote is a vote tbh
Old 07-19-2022, 11:37 PM   #244
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Both battles require a significant chunk of time to analyze and give a GOOD vote… that’s the problem with 200 line verses and longer 3 ways. We aren’t carefree youths anymore. Most of us have full time jobs, family commitments, etc. I’ll get it done but honestly it’s not going to be great feedback for any of you from me this week and some of you will be annoyed that I miss things or skim over them in my votes.
@Adverse sounds good for next week brother
That’s what I’ve been saying, just in other words about these novels y’all be writing

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 07-20-2022, 06:46 AM   #245
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Frank, I wasn't expecting you to vote for me... In fact, I knew you wouldn't. But you literally "judged me" based on entirely different "categories" than my opponent - 0/10 for metaphors and similes? Foreshadowing? The entire piece was LITTERED with foreshadowing, metaphors and wordplay etc. It was a creative narrative unlike anything ANYONE here (including yourself) could think of or create and I'm being penalized because you don't know or care who Ron Goldman is? THAT'S THE POINT YOU FUCKING 'MARK. It's an alternate history that established someone who history knows only as a victim and flips it around.

And HYPER-FUCKING-BOLE? Who judges ANYONE on THAT?

And then you gonna break down NYC using the REAL CATEGORIES and give him high marks. Which in and of itself I don't have an issue with because NYC's verse was astounding and I loved it. But honestly, If I didn't think you were a full on joke before I do now. DUDE, I vote on your pieces FAIRLY and break everything down equally and give you your props where you deserve it. I have even voted for you. You calling my shit a 250 line 0/10 bore-fest is just downright hating and NOT TRUE TO ANYONE who appreciates this hobby of ours. I've champed topical leagues that have 30 line limits before, I am not incapable of "quality over quantity", as you put it - But right now what INTRIGUES me, aka why I'm even here, is writing these long form, theatrical-type sagas. If you guys don't like it, fine. I'll leave. But don't straight up lie about things because my style or who I am doesn't appeal to you.* Your style doesn't appeal to me either but I can APPRECIATE what you bring to the table and my reviews of your work state that clearly.

I'm totally cool with you not voting for me if I'm judged fairly, but I'm not cool with you LYING straight up like this because I call you out on your BS and you don't like me for it.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:01 AM   #246
Soule
Save The Sea

Yeah, it was a pretty clear hate vote tbh.
Old 07-20-2022, 07:56 AM   #247
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

I’ll vote tonight
Old 07-20-2022, 10:21 AM   #248
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
what INTRIGUES me, aka why I'm even here, is writing these long form, theatrical-type sagas. If you guys don't like it, fine. I'll leave. But don't straight up lie about things because my style or who I am doesn't appeal to you.* Your style doesn't appeal to me either but I can APPRECIATE what you bring to the table and my reviews of your work state that clearly.
Not even, I appreciate every writer in the league...except when some dude begins to chant repeated mantras attempting to summons interdimensional beings. Lol! Truth be told.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 07-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #249
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviction View Post
damn i don't even make the top 5.
No hate, just probably haven't read enough of your verses and when I do...it needs to make me feels like I'm not worthy.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 07-20-2022, 11:27 AM   #250
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

i'm just fucking with you lol
Old 07-20-2022, 11:45 AM   #251
Eviction
Detained

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

who is going to watch ric flairs "last match" figured jay lethal would be involved, will probably be him and Andrade carrying the match.
ric looked amazing when he was training with jay lethal awhile ago.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:52 AM   #252
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

This Frank/Uni beef is already 10x better than the NYC/Eviction one was/is (was, please).
Old 07-20-2022, 11:53 AM   #253
Eviction
Detained

Quote:
This Frank/Uni beef is already 10x better than the NYC/Eviction one was/is (was, please).
I evicted him from his new york apartment now he's living in his Hyundai making hon proud.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:55 AM   #254
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Stop. You’ve had your turn. It’s Frank and Uni’s shit show now.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:56 AM   #255
Eviction
Detained

Quote:
Stop. You’ve had your turn. It’s Frank and Uni’s shit show now.
part two is coming if I take his title again LOL.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:57 AM   #256
Soule
Save The Sea

Moving on
Old 07-20-2022, 12:06 PM   #257
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

It's not about the result guys, this isn't sour grapes... it's about me at least knowing you read it, absorbed it, formed an opinion and then voted. Frank clearly had his mind made up before stepping into the thread and he just looked for excuses to justify his hate vote.

Dom, on the other hand, clearly read both pieces and gave a succinct breakdown of his thoughts and sprinkled it with some specifics for good measure. This is literally all I could ask for out of a voter. His "feeling truncated" complaint MADE SENSE when he said it took him out of the POV of Ron Goldman, which I was trying so hard to keep the reader in tune with, and I IMMEDIATELY agreed with it and saw the error. He voted against me yet I'm thankful because I learned something. It was fucking perfect. That's why I love the guy.

That Frank shit needs to go though or at least be edited. If the majority disagree it can stand in the interest of moving the league along.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:08 PM   #258
Soule
Save The Sea

Hate votes shouldn't count especially when that obvious
Old 07-20-2022, 12:31 PM   #259
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Imagine if a writer of dia’s caliber won a championship again

Gross
Old 07-20-2022, 12:32 PM   #260
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
That's why I love the guy.
<3

Tags
black cock down, eviction shutttttt upppp, my record is 8-0, ny let me suck u king, scuba steve, wow nyc warrior