- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

1. You can make them your standards for the purpose of this question
2. What is vicarious redemption? The concept is that a person can throw their sins onto someone else. Vicarious redemption means that the actual sin, the responsibility, the guilt, the spiritual presence of a wrong-doing, can somehow be thrust upon another person, and the sinner is then completely redeemed and made clean. This does not just mean the person receiving the sin will just pay our debt (serve the sentence, in other words, which in and of itself is unjust).
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #282
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Wrong. Christianity is the ultimate life philosophy as it is most aligned with the truth of human existence
Wrong. All subjective, you're opinion isn't fact. The world is bigger than you, and it's history is bigger than Christianity.
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:08 PM   #283
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
1. You can make them your standards for the purpose of this question
2. What is vicarious redemption? The concept is that a person can throw their sins onto someone else. Vicarious redemption means that the actual sin, the responsibility, the guilt, the spiritual presence of a wrong-doing, can somehow be thrust upon another person, and the sinner is then completely redeemed and made clean. This does not just mean the person receiving the sin will just pay our debt (serve the sentence, in other words, which in and of itself is unjust).
1. I choose to say that my morality states that children are naturally sexual creatures and it is my job to make as many of them understand this and be true to their desires and not heed the lies their parents tell them. So it is not rape. It it Is consensual. Do you consider me moral?

2. I have never heard that term but that is essentially what Jesus did for us yes?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:08 PM   #284
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Wrong. All subjective, you're opinion isn't fact. The world is bigger than you, and it's history is bigger than Christianity.
Do you have a code?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:13 PM   #285
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

1. Not sure where you’re going with this. The common thought is that sex with children is frowned upon. People don’t need to see it written down to figure that out.
2. Yes, exactly. Why do you think this is possible? If you let’s say, for example, fuck a kid, I could say I will do your time for you. I could volunteer to pay the fines you are levied. I could stand in and take the lashings you would have received for your crime. What I can’t do, is take on the accountability of your actions. That rests with you, from the moment you choose to commit the act.
philosophy.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:16 PM   #286
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you have a code?
Like a life code I live by? Or you asking if I have the keys on me?
Old 06-17-2018, 11:19 PM   #287
veritas
HALL OF FAME

1. What do you mean common thought? Lol. It’s right to me. Are you saying I am immoral? How do you not see how you have trapped yourself here Jude? Cmon man.
2. You keep bringing up raping kids so I see no problem with “accountability” if I go to jail for it it is only bc the laws of common thought (lol) are wrong and i did what was right to me.

I now am imprisoned for staying true to my beliefs. I am accepting suffering for my beliefs this is a very moral thing. Is it not?
Old 06-17-2018, 11:19 PM   #288
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Like a life code I live by? Or you asking if I have the keys on me?
A life code.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:26 PM   #289
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Most people view Hell as punishment for sin, not debtor's prison. That God would require punishment for wrongdoing has some basic appeal. Something that would show that the individual suffered for the wrongs the individual did has some moral justification. But in the above example, of me taking on your punishment, the critics are right, passing the punishment on to someone not responsible for the wrongs loses the moral justification for exacting the punishment.

And if it's a debt to be paid, then god must be viewed as a scrooge/shylock type creditor. A creditor who would really exact a pound of flesh or send a debtor to prison is harsh, unforgiving, unloving. It is common to expect creditors to waive the debt when the repayment would be too much. Here, though, the creditor doesn't care who pays as long as the payment of the debt owed is made. That's not the sort of exemplary behavior we'd expect from an all good, all powerful, all knowing creditor.

The point I’m trying to make that for some reason you don’t want to deal with, is that I find the entire idea of christ’s redemption to be false in its claims of morality. No one can take on the sin of another. It’s just not possible
philosophy.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:31 PM   #290
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
A life code.
Nothing concrete/written down.

Common sense and an ever evolving logical outlook

With that being said, if you're trying to say living christian is living right, I agree in the sense it teaches solid morals. I think being raised by it, I sometimes take for granted the lessons I learned at a young age and pawn it off as common sense. I think most anyone with a brain can piece it together though. Also, a SHIT ton of christians are fucknuts that in no way follow more than 10% of the moral compass
Old 06-18-2018, 02:07 AM   #291
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

Not understanding your own ego is named sin.

The revelation is one is not punished for sin, but by sin.

The bible is a very important book, if you take away the hype and receive the message.
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:38 AM   #292
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Veritas, morals arise from an understanding of reality, not an assertion of authority
philosophy.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:28 AM   #293
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Holy fuck. I promised myself, to catch up with this thread this morning when I arrive in the office but I change my mind. You dudes seriously went in here. Going to add in the BOOKCEES thread once completed.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #294
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Most people view Hell as punishment for sin, not debtor's prison. That God would require punishment for wrongdoing has some basic appeal. Something that would show that the individual suffered for the wrongs the individual did has some moral justification. But in the above example, of me taking on your punishment, the critics are right, passing the punishment on to someone not responsible for the wrongs loses the moral justification for exacting the punishment.

And if it's a debt to be paid, then god must be viewed as a scrooge/shylock type creditor. A creditor who would really exact a pound of flesh or send a debtor to prison is harsh, unforgiving, unloving. It is common to expect creditors to waive the debt when the repayment would be too much. Here, though, the creditor doesn't care who pays as long as the payment of the debt owed is made. That's not the sort of exemplary behavior we'd expect from an all good, all powerful, all knowing creditor.

The point I’m trying to make that for some reason you don’t want to deal with, is that I find the entire idea of christ’s redemption to be false in its claims of morality. No one can take on the sin of another. It’s just not possible
i am at work on a pc so i may finally be able to articulate more fully: If I do so, will you hearken unto me? or as you say "Stop reading after..."?
Old 06-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #295
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

I see you wrath
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #296
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

I don’t think I hit you with one of those, did I?
philosophy.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #297
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
im not trying to disprove jesus was real. if he was real the burden of proof is on those who believe he is real. those who believe he is real continue to point to the same sources and claiming that that is proof. it is not. it's not enough for me. they are pretending that writings from the era are scarce and non existent. they are not.

hell philo of alexandria was a jewish scholar who wrote at length about pontius pilates rule over judea in 40 AD. this is 4 years after pontius pilate left office. how many mentions of jesus? zero.
There were accounts of Pilate, of course, not least the accounts in the Gospels.

But the records of his administration had disappeared completely: no papyri, no rolls, no tablets, no (authentic) letters to Rome. The Roman ruins that remained in Israel seemed to have nothing to do with him. Even his aqueduct - a project that got him into plenty of trouble at the time - appeared to have crumbled away.

Why isn't there more evidence, @uh-oh?

If you can't provide proof he existed, I can only assume - by your own logic in this thread - that he, like historic Jesus in your opinion, didn't exist.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #298
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
I don’t think I hit you with one of those, did I?
no. I just wanted to make sure if I took the time to put forth a worthy answer to your question you would roll it around in the ole' noodle.

Now then, Sir, I will answer your question as simply as possible.

We owe a debt. We were born owing this debt. Our fathers owed this debt, as did their fathers, as will our children. God is not a "scrooge" as you said, rather he is merciful and fair. How so?

Because he realized that no one would be able to ever pay back the debt. The debt is too enormous. The debt is interwoven into our very nature. We cannot stop making debt. Even if you were to some how stop making a debt, you would eventually make another debt. The point is: we are not able to pay the debt, and we never will.

GOD realized this and paid the debt himself by allowing himself to take on the punishment for the debt (death) something, He, should have never had to. He said that "I will wipe away all your debt, because you owe it to me, and I know you will always owe and even make more, and because I love you, I will scratch your debt off the books." All we have to do is have faith that this is true. That is all he asks.

Would you like me to continue? Do you find error in my words sir?
Old 06-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #299
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRATH View Post
Not understanding your own ego is named sin.

The revelation is one is not punished for sin, but by sin.

The bible is a very important book, if you take away the hype and receive the message.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #300
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Nothing concrete/written down.

Common sense and an ever evolving logical outlook

With that being said, if you're trying to say living christian is living right, I agree in the sense it teaches solid morals. I think being raised by it, I sometimes take for granted the lessons I learned at a young age and pawn it off as common sense. I think most anyone with a brain can piece it together though. Also, a SHIT ton of christians are fucknuts that in no way follow more than 10% of the moral compass

Do you follow said code perfectly one hundred percent of the time for the entirety of you having it up to this point?

Tags
amen wife biceratop, amen wife hear me rawr, the land before rhyme, tyrannosaurus bicepx, v ruins every thread