Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 06-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #201
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Veritas are you suggesting that the only people who have willingly endured horrific pain, torture, and ultimately death, in the name of their faith, have been Christians?
Not at all.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #202
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
Certainly the non-Christians who wrote about him in the years following his putative death did not doubt he had once lived. The Roman historian Tacitus, writing in his Annals around 110 AD, mentions one “Christ, whom the procurator Pontius Pilate had executed in the reign of Tiberius.” The Jewish historian Josephus remarks on the stoning of “James, the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ.” The Talmud, a collection of Jewish writings, also refers to Christ, although it says he was the illegitimate son of a Roman soldier called Panther. Doubts about the historicity of Christ did not surface until the 18th century. In short, whether or not JC was truly the Son of God, he was probably the son of somebody.

The scenario where Jesus is 100% myth is less plausible than the scenario where mythic and legendary ideas are attached to a historical figure. Ergo, there is little reason to assume there is no historical Jesus, and rather a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that there was one.
josephus was a jew, who literally wrote the history of JUDEA during the 1st century, and made one passing mention of a guy people called christus. christus=messiah. so he makes reference to a man named jesus people called the messiah.

that doesn't mean the man existed. it means people referred to a man they call jesus the messiah. the greeks referred to a man called the son of god, hercules. did he exist? maybe. where is the proof?

jesus was allegedly crucified in 29ish AD. josephus wasn't born until 37 AD. in 64 BC nero was blaming fires on and executing christians, IN ROME. christians were in rome 35 years after the death of the alleged jesus. in a big enough number to be mentioned by the emperor. meanwhile josephus is still jewing it up in judea, getting ready to fight in the jewish rebellions against rome. before losing and defecting to rome, and then writing the history of judea during the time of jesus

you would think such a giant historical figure would get more than a passing mention

tacitus is the same deal, only less credible because he is from the south of france (or belgium or northern italy) and is speaking from even further from the events

the point being that when these men are writing the history of a region they need sources, sources are people. if christians already proliferated the myth of jesus, those sources would speak of him as if he existed because people talked as if he did
Old 06-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #203
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Bruh......you can deny the Bible as evidence. But there are plenty of historical books documenting the apostles especially their martyrdom

https://ibb.co/kZrMqJ
again, there are passing mentions of james and john the baptist. its just not enough from what i've seen. but to be fair i've never looked for them individually as actual people, just jesus.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #204
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
I mean, those people drank the kool-aid bro
People do shit like that a lot
Waco?
Jonestown?
Why didn’t their impending death wake them up from their illusions?
Cult leaders cannot exist without the weak minded lie lovers. Jim jones grew a Bible on the ground in San franscisoco and said he was their god and they stayed. They did not care about the truth.

They also did not know what would be their fate Des. The apostles did. Jesus told them that if the master got what he did how much worse the servants. Cmon man. Can I get a fair here?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #205
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not at all.
Ok.

Thank you.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #206
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Lmao. I am familiar with the story, man.
It’s the provenance that I question.
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:13 PM   #207
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
again, there are passing mentions of james and john the baptist. its just not enough from what i've seen. but to be fair i've never looked for them individually as actual people, just jesus.
If you really care about it like you say you do the. Read the book called

“The Bible as history”. It is eye opening. They found the giant king Og’s huge metal bed bro. And that’s just the tip. Phrasing.

I mean your whole stance is that you will accept words written by men from thousands of years ago as accurate just not some men.

I mean give it all a fair shake bro.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #208
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Lmao. I am familiar with the story, man.
It’s the provenance that I question.
Elaborate on provenance?
Old 06-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #209
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

All three of the common definitions can be applied
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:29 PM   #210
veritas
HALL OF FAME

This is your strangest yet wiggling out of giving me the fair enough here Jude. The martyrdom of the apostles is but one of the historical proofs of the Bible.

Let us switch gears. Why do you not accept Jesus as your savior?
Old 06-16-2018, 07:32 PM   #211
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Nah I’m good
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #212
veritas
HALL OF FAME

If you were molested as a child or lost someone close to you tragically i am sorry.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #213
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I'm into that other people aren't into is obscure niche podcasts. A lot of times I dont even care about what the people are talking about but the intensity and devotion to the subject is interesting.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #214
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
If you really care about it like you say you do the. Read the book called

“The Bible as history”. It is eye opening. They found the giant king Og’s huge metal bed bro. And that’s just the tip. Phrasing.

I mean your whole stance is that you will accept words written by men from thousands of years ago as accurate just not some men.

I mean give it all a fair shake bro.
i'll check it out, and its not as much as selectively believing people as much as requiring cross references and such. i know the galatians existed in turkey. they're written about in the bible. but also mentioned by the greeks and others. i know carthage existed by the same logic. i know hannibal was an actual human because different historians wrote of him. he predates jesus by hundreds of years. granted he was most likely the greatest tactician of all time but word there are plenty of verifiable historical figures.

if there was a historical jesus i think he is much more like lars is saying, he existed but his followers spun the tale and wove it to make him into the sorcerous son of god. he wasn't going about committing miracles in actuality because he would be a much larger historical figure. meanwhile if he was a simple man preaching a powerful message who was then killed after garnering a following, he may only get the passing mention of being crucified.

the bible just had to muddy the waters with the sorcery and such.

for the same reasons i don't believe ragnar lothbrook existed, or king arthur, etc. that doesn't mean there isn't historical facts surrounding them. the saxons invaded england. the vikings existed. christianity was a real movement. etc. these mythic figures are a constant creation throughout human history

but word
Old 06-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #215
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Kayaking, as well.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #216
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i'll check it out, and its not as much as selectively believing people as much as requiring cross references and such. i know the galatians existed in turkey. they're written about in the bible. but also mentioned by the greeks and others. i know carthage existed by the same logic. i know hannibal was an actual human because different historians wrote of him. he predates jesus by hundreds of years. granted he was most likely the greatest tactician of all time but word there are plenty of verifiable historical figures.

if there was a historical jesus i think he is much more like lars is saying, he existed but his followers spun the tale and wove it to make him into the sorcerous son of god. he wasn't going about committing miracles in actuality because he would be a much larger historical figure. meanwhile if he was a simple man preaching a powerful message who was then killed after garnering a following, he may only get the passing mention of being crucified.

the bible just had to muddy the waters with the sorcery and such.

for the same reasons i don't believe ragnar lothbrook existed, or king arthur, etc. that doesn't mean there isn't historical facts surrounding them. the saxons invaded england. the vikings existed. christianity was a real movement. etc. these mythic figures are a constant creation throughout human history

but word
What do you mean he would be a much larger historical figure mfkekdjdkwnrnfidijrjrjneemmwowdicddnnsn

He is THE historical figure. Cmon man.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #217
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Quote:
If you were molested as a child or lost someone close to you tragically i am sorry.
Why would you be sorry?
Neither happened to me by the way
I mean I’ve lost people to death like any other human
philosophy.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:45 PM   #218
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
What do you mean he would be a much larger historical figure mfkekdjdkwnrnfidijrjrjneemmwowdicddnnsn

He is THE historical figure. Cmon man.
you know what i mean. we can find 2 passing mentions of the man at least 2 generations after he allegedly existed outside of the bible.

books have been written on alexander the great since half a millenia since your boy allegedly existed, and new ones come out daily.

he's a scrub
Old 06-16-2018, 07:46 PM   #219
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Kayaking, as well.
Vintage cake here. Welcome back.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #220
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Why would you be sorry?
Neither happened to me by the way
I mean I’ve lost people to death like any other human

I just wish you would trust me enough to open up to me about the roots of your disdain for Christianity. Srs. We can talk privately if you like.

I just want to know you better I suppose.

Tags
amen wife biceratop, amen wife hear me rawr, the land before rhyme, tyrannosaurus bicepx, v ruins every thread