Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Art of Writing League Season IX > AOWL Season 9 archives

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #1
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future
Default WEEK 2 MAG: INNO WENT TO GET CIGARETTES

INTRO
Yooooooo welcome to Week 2 of the AOWL Season Nine I’m your reluctant host Adverse. As much as I’d love to just disappear into an anxious cloud and be off the hook from running the league, I understand how much this sort of competition means to the writers so I am resolved to make this league run as smoothly as possible and want it to be super fun as well. But this is my first time so please be gentle..

THE BATTLER PROFILES
Things have been shaken up since our inauguration. Inno bastardized us once again, we had three battlers no show, and Johnny 6 Feet sign out which is a tragedy imo. But as it stands we have 12 competitors and some heavy hitters in the mix.

UNIVERSE:
Universe is a formidable force in this league. Fresh off a super successful GWL run in which he champed twice in-season and fell runner up only to topical legend dead man in an insane triple threat bout to wrap up the GWL season. Uni is a guy who weaves storylines together effortlessly and he can bend his topic picture to tell any kind of tale that he’d like. Don’t be surprised if you blink and Universe is on top of the league. It wouldn’t take a whole lot.
Threat level: MAX

HUSH:
Hush is kind of a dark horse in this league. He’s an established legend from a text battling standpoint, but as far as I know hasn’t really shown his topical chops until lately. His stint in Black August was short lived but was also a surprise as far as the quality of the product he brought. I was thoroughly impressed and I know a lot of other topical heads were too. If Hush can keep going at the same pace then he could end up being towards the top of the rankings before long.
Threat Level: 8/10

LUCIPHER HOWLZ:
This is a new name to me and I don’t know a whole lot about him other than he has some on site history and actually ended up in a champ match for a tourney losing to John Dillinger. Even more impressively he took down former GWL champ Johnny 6 feet in the first week so the sky is the limit for dude. My money is this is an alias, as I’ve stated before I don’t think anyone is picking up writing manpoems competitively in 2020. A bigger body of work is needed to see if LH is the real deal, until then I wouldn’t lose too much sleep over him
Threat level: 6/10

CANDY
Candy is a good guy, he shows up he competes. He’s a solid writer but sometimes his tales get a little too bombastic for my taste. His writing often wanders into brainfucking terroritory and his narratives are often hard to decipher. Again this is all my opinion, perhaps some voters understand exactly what he’s saying and are blown away by the complexity of it all.
Threat level: 3/10

Concrete
Another alias here I can only assume. Concrete was no showed Week 1 which is disappointing as he actually pieced together a pretty cool verse. Like I said about LH we probably need more information about him before we start making assumptions. Right now though he looks to be an asset to the league.
Threat level: 3/10

Eviction:
You don’t recognize Eviction’s name?! Well don’t feel bad because I don’t either. Another name that’s new to the fray, Evic actually put up a real somber and resonating verse against MMLP in the first week of competition, nearly taking it against the topical vet in my and some of the other voter’s eyes. I’d actually give him a little more prominence than these other new names as he seems a bit more refined in his style. I’m looking forward to seeing what he has the rest of the season.
Threat level: 5/10

MMLP
I’ll take ‘pop culture’ for 1000! MMLP is known for (other than being besties with Lars) his M. Night Shyamalan type twists tying his pieces back to pop culture references and forms of media such as movies and video games, and though formulaic they always made for entertaining reads. But he came and turned the league on its head when he wrote a stand-alone narrative for his Week One entry. MMLP has been around and I actually remember facing him in the AOWL four years ago or so, as long as he’s in the league he remains a prominent force and not one to be overlooked.
Threat level: 7/10

Mr J
Joker has kept pretty quite since I’ve been back but awhile back ago he was kind of an Open Moc mainstay and carved out his place in the cypher section. He strings together multis and rhymes without losing meaning in his bars. The reads are always good and the material is usually thought provoking. Mr J has champed the AOWL before so he brings a veteran presence he knows what it takes to win and if he stays signed in expect him as one of the front runners of the league.
Threat level: 7/10

Master Rock
Rock may turn into the league’s biggest surprise. His verse from this week (albeit against a ghost opponent) was a very good piece with some awesome imagery and a beautiful use of language. At this point Rock’s biggest enemy is probably himself and the deadline but if he can show up and drop every week he could honestly turn the tables on a lot of the other battlers. Watch out for him.
Threat Level: 6/10

Pharaohs Army
PA has made his rounds in leagues and the Open Mic alike, he’s been around for awhile. A motivated PA is a dangerous thing having taken down topical legend and eventual Season 1 champion dead man in the GWL regular season. He’s a spotty writer and it just depends where his head’s at on whether he can squeeze past the more consistent writers on the site, but if he gets hot he like Rock can be a spoiler to most.
Threat level: 5/10

Objective
Objective is intriguing. He’s a well known writer across the site and has really pumped a lot of poetic content into his more recent pieces. Though sometimes his narrative can get buried underneath his language and visuals, his Week One piece resonated with me a lot more than his usual stuff tends to do. He can write at a high level and some of the new poetry influences are a good sign. I like Objective this season as well.
Threat Level: 7/10

Sinacog
Mr. Netcees himself. Prepare to be enchanted by verbiage beyond your wildest dreams and imagery that’s seemingly painted by Da Vinci himself. Hip hop’s cousin Eddy, we all try to have a nice, normal gathering and here he comes to cover us all in demon semen. He may muster a few wins via NS but if his opponent shows he’s had it.
Threat Level: .0000000000001/10

ANDDDD THIS WEEK IN ‘NO SHOW SHAME’

DA REVIEWS

I being the fucktard that I am, thought I had Lars do previews instead of reviews. So we’ve got two sets of reviews this week so to make it easy.

Lars
Adverse

Objective vs Universe

Okay, so this was probably BOTW right here - Two NC mainstays going at it in an early Week 1 brawl over 80 lines. Sheesh. The two have similarities in terms of a penchant for mechanics and technical ability but that’s about it for likenesses - the way they both approached this topic was very different, Objective 2.0 going for more of a high risk/high reward strategy by aiming for the high hanging fruit here and alternating between a more standardised format and an unorthodox broken-down bar poetic prose stance. The character development was where he placed his emphasis, staking his flag right in the centre of the lead characters heart and inner most thoughts (and fears) while Universe opted for a more traditional tried-and-tested twist approach readers may be more familiar with. It split the voters in so much as personal preference regardless as to their eventual vote, Universe ultimately coming out on top overall after pulling to a 6-1 lead - but I don’t think Hush was alone in needing a lie down after that slogfest. 160 lines in the opening week is a WAR! Huge credit to both these guys for showing out, and to Self Activate once again for the sheer depth he went into on his vote.

We’ll start with the longest battle first, an 80 line gauntlet and what better way to kick off the season. Universe is used to these extended battles extending the line limit like he did so many times in the GWL (including a 100 line battle against me in the Semi-Finals) anyways I don’t think Objective knew what he was getting into (PS: GUYS YOU DON’T HAVE TO ACCEPT HIS PROPOSAL TO EXTEND THE LIMIT) Objective started well and his poetic nature shined through. But as the long battle carried on he sort of lost sight of his narrative and a lot felt like filler I think he would have been better off sticking to 50 or less giving Universe space to tell his story is mistake number one. Universe did his thing he told a pretty fucked up story about conjoined twins separated at birth and murder in only a way he could tell it, super eerie as always, a decent twist and I liked how the story was told out of sequence and the puzzle pieces began to fit. This was a goodie but Universe ran away with it, to no fault of Objective. He was just outmuscled
WINNER - UNIVERSE

Eviction vs MMLP

This was one of the more surprising results this week, a battle closer than it looks and with Eviction being a new face to the AOWL he sure got off to a flying start. These were two solid verses in a closely fought contest, again splitting the voters, with MMLP’s technical ability and metaphorically layered approach nudging him the win here - but make no mistake Eviction impressed a lot of people this week, myself included. I think, having now seen both their respective styles, a potential battle with Lucipher Howlz could be a great clash stylistically between Eviction and Lucipher at a later point (it won’t be this week due to their records I wouldn’t imagine) but both will meet at some point I’m sure. MMLP seems motivated and it’s always fun to see him competing in the AOWL, I don’t think he’s made a run for the belt before so it will be interesting to see how he fares given some of the new hands involved at the moment.

This was probably my favorite battle of the week that I read. Eviction is a newcomer (at least by alias if nothing else) and his match up with seasoned vet MMLP had the outcome you’d expect but was a lot closer than the final result tells. Honestly Eviction surprised me here he had a very solid, resonating verse that was super somber. If MMLP hadn’t changed his style up from his formulaic approach this battle may have been a lot closer to call but overall MMLP was proficient, technical and just showed his savy for topicals. Eviction has a bright future but didn’t pull off the upset here
WINNER - MMLP

Mr. J vs Pharoah’s Army

This was one of the matches I was looking forward to most actually from the opening week, two older NC heads, both capable of writing quickly - Mr J returning to the fold after a lengthy layoff (I think he missed the entirety of the GWL season?) and Pharoah’s Army coming back off possibly his best season (in the aforementioned GWL) where he beat out Deadman in his run. The topic selection for this particular match was probably my favourite of the week, all truth be told, it was a quirky little number for sure but paved the way for some interestingly fun storylines - Mr. J went with a more abstract approach than were used to reading from him, littered with titbits like “Luminescent lies” that I really enjoyed. The closer was a fun play on words also. It’s a shame Pharoah didn’t have the time to participate because it would have been interesting to read his take on this one, I think the odd topic would have played right into his creative hands. Hope we get to see him resurgent at some point this season. Mr. J won via no-show.

Concrete vs Maximus
This one had a relatively new face in Concrete up against Maximus who has been known to pass through the Netcees leagues on occasion but never hung around long enough to put together a real title challenge. I was interested to see how this one fared, but as it happened Maximus failed to show up after seeing the thread late on. Anyway, the surprising factor here was an unexpected - and unscripted - showing from Self Activate on short notice to try and give Concrete a match up. I’m not going to title this Concrete vs Self Activate as ultimately it was decided Concrete should be awarded his rightful no-show win (over original opponent Maximus) but you have to give full credit to Self here for being prepared to fill-in and drop on short notice. The drop was nice too, maybe even would have been enough to have usurped Con perhaps, but Concrete deserves full credit here for showing up and showing out - he’s obviously been around the topical side before, his verse had an old skool style vibe to it with good rhyme placement and cadence. The verses were broken up into sections too, making it feel like a relatively brief read over 32 lines, coupling together some nice punchlineesque similes along the way which showcased the breadth of his range - something not so many pure “topical” writers rely on heavily, which to me says he is also from a text battle background. I like that. It’s difficult crossing over between the two but he could make for some interesting heads up against the likes of Lucipher Howlz and Eviction. Kudos to you sir.

Master Rock vs Defiant

It’s a shame Master Rock ended up with a no-show, but I’m not at all surprised given Defiant’s unreliability. I’ve seen it happen far too often to believe he will show these days. Anyway, the topic itself wasn’t as favourable as some of the others selected this week, these guys certainly drew the short straw in my opinion so props to Master Rock for getting his submission in, and to Self Activate for his amazing no-show feedback on this one. He went above and beyond the call of duty here. This is what we need. Hats off to Rock and Self this week for sure. Let’s keep it moving forward
!

Hush vs Candy

This was that one of the first battles up this week, so salute to them both in that sense for getting proceedings underway early. This one was a real wildcard of a battle in the sense that Candy has been around and involved with the online topical scene for some considerable years, while Hush has largely stuck to the text battle side of things and rarely ventured into this realm in truth. I’ve always been an advocate for attempting to bridge the non-existent divide between text battling and topicals but it’s a hell of a lot simpler writing that out than it is to put into practice, that’s why the few who do both well are few and far between. The topic selection itself was a difficult one, truth be told, and I don’t think it played to either of their strengths but both took it on which has to be respected. I think Hush did enough here to take it comfortably, pulling to a 7-0 shutout victory in his first AOWL battle and putting down an early marker for whoever he faces next.

I’m not going to say I’m shocked by Hush’s product this week, he’s a prolific writer who’s given us a taste of his topical skills before in the opening rounds of Black August. But I was impressed by his verse this week, he brought the picture to life through a story of abuse. His opening four bars really set it all off and he didn’t stop from there. Candy had some elements of a dope visual going on but he ultimately got lost in his narrative only reconnecting to the picture topic in his last line. Hush won this one pretty convincingly among the voters
WINNER - HUSH

Lucipher Howlz vs Johnny 6 Feet

These two probably weren’t aware of each other prior to this, both being involved in the league at different periods separate to each other, Johnny being a former AOWL in-season champion and Lucipher having been up toward the top of the league - maybe even in a champ match as contender - previously. These two know what they’re doing. The topic lends itself favourably to a storytelling backdrop, open to a few possibilities which lead to both taking wholly different approaches. Lucipher stuck to his strengths in terms of his technical ability and multi-syllable stacking coupled with storytelling with a twist, while Johnny took a more light hearted and tongue in cheek approach with a somewhat cynical if tongue in cheek narrative about the current climate were all facing. It wasn’t at all a one-sided battle, the first nod actually going Johnny’s way before a dramatic u-turn in votes ultimately saw Lucipher take the lead with all the remaining votes to pull clear at 6-1. This was a lot closer than the vote count appears, but sheesh. What a way to open up the AOWL. I told you both of these guys knew what they were doing.

This was a really good battle and would actually consider it our first “upset” of the season. Though Lucipher is a mostly new name that we don’t know a whole lot about he gave us a great sample here of what he’s capable of. A very multi-oriented verse that flowed like butter. He took on a brave topic about gender change but it connected well with the picture. Johnny shot himself in the foot imo taking almost TOO safe of a topic choice and tackling a piece about the Coronavirus pandemic and quarantine woes. While Johnny was technically proficient as always his verse lacked the attention grabbing tale that LH had. All in all this was a good battle but Johnny fell in the end, but believe me, he’ll be back.
WINNER - LUCIPHER

PREVIEWSSS

We’ve got some good battles on the horizon this week! Hoping we continue to pick up steam (Scar just signed in, too which is dope!) so without further ado

HUSH VS UNIVERSE
Really looking forward to this one. Universe showed out in his inaugural battle for the season, he didn’t hit many bumps in the road and picked it back up effortlessly from the GWL. I think a Universe at the top of his game is hard to if not impossible to beat. Hush is a wild card by definition, I have been thoroughly impressed with his venture into topicals thus far but I’m wondering if he can really pull out all the stops and beat Uni? Either way it’ll be an entertaining read but I’m leaning Universe’s way here
UNIVERSE WINS 70/30

LUCIPHER HOWLZ VS MASTER ROCK
Here’s another matchup I like. Both relatively unproven and both seem to be hungry. Master Rock posted a really great no show verse last week and really showed his chops for imagery and had some really good bars which made me respect his craft a little more. LH had a dope verse with a risky subject that ultimately paid off and he also pulled off an unlikely upset. By the sample size we got from week one Lucipher is the best bet here but if Master Rock can craft another piece together like last week’s it may be closer than one may think
LUCIPHER WINS 60/40

CANDY VS CONCRETE
Concrete dropped a solid verse in a NS win, Candy is the obvious veteran here though. My biggest complaint with Candy is his verses seem like a stream of free flowing thoughts which is good and bad. If we establishes a connection with his topic early on in his piece I think he can write a very good narrative but it’s yet to be seen. I’ve got Candy just squeezing by due to his experience.
CANDY WINS 55/45

OBJECTION VS EVICTION
Aside from Lucipher’s upset victory, Eviction’s verse against MMLP was the biggest surprise
last week imo. His verse had a strong narrative and resonated with me personally greatly. Objection is coming off of an 80 line gauntlet falling to Universe but not without showing some impressive skill, though I think sometimes he gets lost in his narratives. I think this is another battle that will come down to who the more experienced writer is, believe it will be close but Objective takes it.
OBJECTIVE WINS 60/40

MR J VS MMLP
This is probably the most evenly matched battle we’ll have this week, i love the way these two vets match up and what they each bring to the table. MMLP relies on imagery and strong storytelling while Mr J is a multi maniac. His flow is so fluid and he still gets his point across while rhyming as much as possible. Both have been near the top of the AOWL and know what to expect. Honestly I think this one comes down to the wire and there’s not really any clear reason to pick one over the other but I’m going to lean towards MMLP because of personal preference but this WILL be close
MMLP WINS 52/48

PHARAOHS ARMY VS SINACOG
What can be said? Sinacog dropped already and it’s very….Sinacog. If Pharaoh shows up it’s most likely his match but stranger things have happened
PA WINS 99/1

AOWL THROWBACK
This one is fresh in my mind for obvious reasons lol

Topic: Little Red Corvette

Artifice:
High school comes to a close, another of life's chapters finished
that's why tonight's a night for us to take a look back at all the magic in it
remember when we first met, second semester grade nine
buyin' slices at the pizzeria where you & me went for a great time
waitin' in line i tried to break the ice by crackin' jokes
wasn't a waste of time, cuz funny enough, you actually laughed at those
rode the bus home, the whole way you played with your hair
plus you were so respectful, loved when you gave an old lady your chair
lost in thought i awkwardly walked you to your front door
gave you a kiss goodnight, turned to leave when you gave me one more
butterflies pollinate my nerves as these feelings blossom
didn't matter what we'd do, if it's spent with you every evening's awesome
often borrowed my dad's car to impress you for date nights
drive out to make-out point & enjoy each other's presence til late night
fingers interlaced as footsteps trace through these hallways
if i'm in detention you stick around til it ended, you'd wait for me always
used to usually skip them, instead she gets me to head to class
in time i understood why people referred to her type as "your better half"
these last four years have appeared to be a dream come true
& yet i still live in fear that this evening might not seem to be one too
he ties his bowtie with hopes high that he won't embarrass himself
as these thoughts reflect in front of the mirror where he stares at himself
puts on his cummerbund, he grabs his keys & corsage
& heads downstairs to hear his dad yell to meet him in the garage
soon as he's through the door his dad threw him the keys to the 'vette
& said "she's your car now son... just please always treat her with respect"
he stands in awe, not sure whether to believe his eyes
the greatest day ever, he feels like the luckiest man to ever be alive
hops in his new ride & as he drives to pick up his boo tonight
his mind drifts along this path of happiness fused to their future life
husband & wife, white picket fence, spend together a long life
thoughts as she hops in his little red corvette & they head off to prom night

Adverse:
As a kid, often I would go on neighborhood adventures...
Warm breeze whispering to me, pavement underneath my light-up sketchers
Nostalgia was stained in the scene before I could even detect it
Sweat accumulating in my long hair, making my head itch...
There she was between a pair of oaks, dwelling in the tree's shade
Leaning against the bark, leaving no room for any leeway...
Overalls tucked away her feminine clothes, hair balled up in a cap
She noticed me at a glance but stared back to the grass
I let her be, entered her dark vicinity, hiding from the sun's endless beams
I smiled friendly as I laid down in the grass "What's up Emily?"
She explained she wanted a break, been in Dad's workshop all day
Perfecting their project that they been working on all day
I followed her home, showcased on her front lawn
Was an maroon corvette, that I could tell she set her heart on
Laying her hand on the car she built, proud of her accomplishment
"See, we were just hanging out and me and Daddy thought of this
He'd always call me his red corvette, the way I raced around the block
And for the rosy pigment pasted in my face when I would stop
So the concept for a father/daughter project popped into our heads
Said we wouldn't stop till we were dead, this is a project of our unrest!"
I was impressed, inspecting the vehicle as her Dad approached...
Key clenched in his hands, "What you say we get this bad boy on the road!"
I strapped myself in the backseat as we hit the max speed, scenary blurring around me
Felt like we were transcending time in a Delorean, breaking the boundaries
That memory always stuck with me, NOW back to the present...
I'm hanging on the end of my sentence, a period where it ended..
I look out to the sea of black suits and dresses in the crowd
Hands shaking and crumpling the paper I read aloud, best I put it down
Closed casket behind me, picture of a familiar complexion...
Those scarlet cheeks would always be instilled in my reflections
But there was a thought I couldn't escape in my head...
I was in the passenger seat in the same wreck, that mangled corvette...
Is it survivor's guilt? This bursting anger I possess?
Is it hatred towards myself that I couldn't save you from this??...
Not a scratch on me, but just inches next to my seat
They had to unclip your seat belt, pull you from the mess of debris
Gave you everything they had as you laid in rest on the street
Started CPR, but it was no good, they announced your death on the scene, 10:33
I don't feel blessed for surviving, it makes me wanna break down instead
My little red corvette, you still race through my head every night I lay down in bed.

Artifice wins 5-2

image ru

ON THE REAL THOUGH
Congratulations are in order for Lars who took me out in a 2-0 absolute thriller of a battle for the Black August II finals. I know my verse poked a lot of fun at you and your accomplishments but they really do showcase your skill as a writer. You’re a competitor like no other and cut from a different cloth, kudos to you my friend.

THAT’S ALL FOLKS
Hopefully you guys dig this mag it’s the first I’ve wrote on my own but I’ve taken a lot of cues from the ones who came before me. I’ll do my best to not only keep this league afloat but keep it fun and competitive as well. Props to you guys for doing your best as writers. Looking forward to it all

Last edited by Adverse; 11-19-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:44 AM   #2
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Great work my guy.
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
Old 11-19-2020, 01:46 AM   #3
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

super dope thanks for the shout outs
Old 11-19-2020, 02:34 AM   #4
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

lmao my award is the best
Old 11-19-2020, 07:03 AM   #5
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Well... I guess the cat is out of the bag about my extended line limits... Bastards, lol.

@Hush was on to me before this mag though. Never got my permission so looks like I'll have to settle for 50 this week.

Anyway, great job @Adverse and thank you to @sraL for chipping in. Love the memes too lol... keep 'em coming.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #6
Candy
Sell Her

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
real talk
Old 11-19-2020, 07:52 AM   #7
Mac

Battle Record: 7-12

Mac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant future

this is dope adverse
Old 11-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #8
Concrete

Battle Record: 5-0

Concrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant futureConcrete has a brilliant future

Applause for taking time to write a nice and fat mag in this. Many serious contenders here for sure. And just for the record, this is my only account on here.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
ACTIVATE SELF

Battle Record: 2-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

ACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
I got together with some folks at RR, RAI, RB, NC, UP and a dozen other sites and we put together a nice little penchant for your golden years. You deserve it, buddy. Thanks for the memories. lol

Dope mag. I might be able to fill-in this week, too. Possibly. Let me know if you need me.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:11 AM   #10
UserName
K I N G

Battle Record: 15-10

UserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant future

nicely done man
Old 11-19-2020, 10:19 AM   #11
Candy
Sell Her

thanks user
Old 11-19-2020, 10:48 AM   #12
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

I appreciate all the love guys, I tried to keep it entertaining and relevant. Glad people like it, makes it feel worth it! Was going to compete but between competing in NBL and all the mod stuff here I think I’ll take a backseat for now
Old 11-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #13
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

This mag is hilarious!!! Those memes hit the spot ( we see you inno...oh wait...we don't see you...where did you go?). I really enjoyed the effort.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 11-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #14
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF View Post
I got together with some folks at RR, RAI, RB, NC, UP and a dozen other sites and we put together a nice little penchant for your golden years. You deserve it, buddy. Thanks for the memories. lol

Dope mag. I might be able to fill-in this week, too. Possibly. Let me know if you need me.
lmao what you mean thanks for the memories

I ain’t done until I win two billion
Old 11-19-2020, 02:05 PM   #15
Scar

Battle Record: 7-5

Champed

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

as usual, inno has disappeared after the initial hoo-haa. props to Adverse for being able to maintain despite no effort from that guy
Old 11-19-2020, 02:38 PM   #16
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

lmao shots fired @Inno
Old 11-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #17
Adverse

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

I’m sure he’s got a good excuse I’m just giving him shit lol
Old 11-19-2020, 05:46 PM   #18
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse View Post
I’m sure he’s got a good excuse
He hasn’t
Old 11-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #19
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

This is insane! Been going back'n'forth the past few days and read a little bit each time. Enjoyed every segment, humor and words added! This was a 10/10 mag from start to finish, albeit accidental it was interesting to see two takes on the same week of battles as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Old 11-22-2020, 02:02 AM   #20
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Cool mag. I voted 3 times last week.