Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Netcees - Leagues & Tournaments > The Battle Arena > Keystyle Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future
Default Now or Never 2020 Pre Magazine

Intro
Sup. Been some time since Netcees has seen a Keystyle tournament or a Fight Night. I hope to fix that issue and offer up a constant stream of battles for those who want it . Things have been running smoothly as of late and I want to give a big shoutout to my boy , someone I actually have always respected and have been lucky enough to watch a large part of his “path/career/tenure” here evolve... @Neighbor our Summer Classic champion. Really dope finals battle went down with @Zuch anyone who missed reading that should search it out in archives. Moving on ... NBL Season end tourney is in full swing and we will be touching on that later in the mag . I haven’t done this in a minute so bear with me . Do you guys read anything but your own reviews and previews ? Should I do video mags instead ? Why is Corleone such faggot ? This and more answered in the following weeks. Loves and kisses.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:44 PM   #2
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Battle Profiles

Zuch

Netcees newest fire flame spitter. I'm familiar with most legacy battlers but I guessed Zuch is before the time I watched/grew up in. I wonder what other names he had. I use Zuch as the poster boy for fairness and good voting tbh. He beat the people he should beat. It shows some of you are grown men with good taste. Zuch is fire. He's smart, funny and punctual. I gave this man the number one seed simply because he makes it seem effortless. I'd bet my money here if I had to bet. He already posted. So you know the man is ready to put the work in. Salute Zuchs work effort.

Username

Username is someone I am well familiar with and was basically already txt battle royalty when I seriously started paying attention. One of the people who seems to have not lost a single step. His verse have a unique voice all there own. His punchlines dont look like anyone elses, and in anyone form of hiphop that is a gigantic compliment in my opinion. Heavy with humor, and basically the prototype for perfect wording. New guys, watch his set ups. I feel like User " knows his audience" and that goes far in any subjective format. Could easily take it all.

Blue Bayou

Blue is another guy who I always admired in what I consider the final "glory days" of txt. Forever evolving. Blue has re invented his style a few times to my knowledge and seems to get better in each iteration. Very harsh, very creative. He can be straight to the point and creative at the same time. That is probally txt battlings biggest challenge. I only have Blue ranked this low cuz I personally have not seen him battling lately. I prolly read less than 5 verses. Blue is another endless fountain of concepts, I feel like this format favors him. I recall Blue being a monster at Fight Nights which are very very similar. Im looking foward to seeing what Bayou will bring us round 1.

Barcotic

Barcotic is a polarizing figure in the NC community, to say the least. Known for some of the worst wordplays and tattoos ever. Aside from that Barc can be FIRE when he is not lost in his own headspace. Stop those retarded setups that make no sense. Stop forcing multis just because it sounds cool. Or KEEP doing it. Just know it dont make sense and its why you are losing more than you used to. People dont hate you, they hate most wordplay and any and all references to cousin farting. I am legit rooting for you. Barc is my dark horse. I love the under dog. Cmon bro. Do some normal Cronus type shit, this Barcotic guy is losing his marbles.

Wanderer

Wanderer is a guy making alot of noise lately, especially to my eyes/ears. I've noticed the consitency and accuracy in Wands writing, and feel like he is right on the cusp of that breakthrew. Sometimes the wording and concept editing can be a uphill battle, and once Wand irons that FULLY out he will be even more formidable. Wand had a really clean showing in the Show and Prove battle arena tournament making it to the Finals. Wand knows what it takes to win, and always comes with a banger in tow. The pressure of a NBL battle with Cashius as well as juggling this tourney may weight heavy on Wand, or so I thought. His verse is already posted, which is an indication of preperation in my mind. I expect it to be a good read cuz Wand just keeps getting better and better.

Adverse

If I had to pick the "next guy" right now, it would hands down be Adverse. I literally have no pointers to offer a battler of this calibre. Ad is dope. Pics, topical, even on the mic he has no fear. My fav new writer, not sure how new.. but def new to my eyes. I expect Adv to win alot in the coming months, if he stays at it, at his current pace dude will have a profile full of accomplishments in no time. Ad is also active in the end of the year NBL tourney to crown Season Champion so again, multi tasking will play a key factor. That will be the question mark regarding Adverse in my opinion.

Evad

Dave is fire to me. Every time I read his verse its always one thing that got me like damn I wish I thought that up. I feel a culture barrier plays a part in both why Dave is so fire, and why his shit misses BAD for me sometimes. But with that said, his wording is on point and he has a jab punchline style which in my opinion adds up an wins battles easier than swinging for the fences. Dave just won the Show and Prove tournament so that kinda momentum always plays a factor. Evad got the hot hand, I am eager to see him ride it out.

TOP ILL DRAGSTER TWO

Netcees newest resident maniac, the drag man himself top illy. This guy puts up verses quickly and with a wit and humor very unique to himself. Dude is no stranger to writing homo erotic man disses, that much is evident. I feel like top ill is a sleeper, and can do damage if he focuses the beam just a little bit. Can't say much more about this dude, dont full retard in here bro.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Predictions

Barcotic vs Top Dragster

These two guys were the closest seeded. Momentum considered, as well as perceived skill level from being very familiar with Barc, and having seen what I believe is all the verses Topilly posted. I WOULD typically favor Bar here, but I just saw him post some "didnt know this wasnt being delayed" type nonsense in his thread. The classic pre sway/built in excuse has been formulated. Top already sent his verse, that tells me he wasnt fucking around. So now I am leaning towards Top. Lets see what happens tomorrow morning.

Zuch vs Wanderer

Typically I would favor Zuch heavily here, and I still favor him.. BUT I am well and familiar with how a shorter battle, both in lines and in notice is ANYONES to win. They both already posted. If your reading this just go vote on it, I will be voting myself in short order.

Username vs Adverse

This is a very competitive match in my mind, on paper they all share basically the same traits as battlers... which me edging User sightly in ALL catergories but mainly because he is the more proven battler...or at least was. Again I am not sure what Adverse has done prior to me recently reading battles again. Its evident this will be battle of the night, at least from where I'm currently sitting. Sometimes its good to be a "fan" or competitive man poems. Today.. is that. day.

Blue Bayou vs Evad

I haven't seen Blue battle in a few weeks. Maybe I missed something, but I wouldnt be foolish enough to think that would give him rust. Blue is a walking punchline, in the good way. His mind is a machine, and they just fall right onto the iphone. Evad is fresh off a nice run, and I think this will be a big challenge for good ole Dave. I feel like Blue might have the easiest battle of the first round, and thats no slight to anyone. Actually as I write that I take it back, Dave is fire. But iunno.. take it as motivation Dave cuz I dont see you winning this. Shrug.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #4
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Outro

With all that being said, I’m excited to run a ton of this style of tournament .. as well as some other things I’ve done in the past that I would like to start bringing back . Including the Shadow Boxing tournament which will most likely come next . Vote , join , do it for fun not to win . I will try to do more mags and honestly had planned to do a joint NBL and Pic mag but I didn’t realize how much work it is . I’ll do more tomorrow. Hope you guys actually read an enjoy this . If you like it I’ll do more whatever . Positive energy ya dig
Old 07-20-2020, 08:13 PM   #5
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Dope shit hush props for putting in the work to get this going

Good read this should be fun.... Gluck to all
-kungfugrip
Old 07-20-2020, 08:16 PM   #6
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Great read
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
Old 07-20-2020, 08:27 PM   #7
Resin M-I-C

Battle Record: 33-9

Champed
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught II
- Tag Team Tournament V
- 1-2 Punch Season III
- Netcees SOL
- Battle Arena
- SOL Season I
- NBL Season XIV
- Netcees Battle League

Resin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant futureResin M-I-C has a brilliant future

that’s heat.. lookin forward to these battles
Old 07-20-2020, 08:35 PM   #8
UserName
K I N G

Battle Record: 15-10

UserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant futureUserName has a brilliant future

lmao @ me ever being a welterweight
Old 07-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #9
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

off to a good start, looking forward to these battles
Old 07-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #10
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Appreciate the kind words Hush, this a dope little tourney and I'm glad to be part of it
Old 07-21-2020, 06:27 AM   #11
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Battle Record: 29-31

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

Lmao

Sooo much shade. That's okay, you don't cast much so it figures
Cool read, minus the ACTUAL pre-sways done by U lolll

Just get his verse up, holmeslice & make sure he doesn't edit into today and drop a new one. Thanks
Old 07-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #12
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

Only had time to vote on 1 before work
I'll hit the rest in the pm if open
Old 07-21-2020, 08:47 AM   #13
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

That wasn't shade. It was my honest opinion of you. If you want shade battle me and I'll fuck your head up
Old 07-21-2020, 02:59 PM   #14
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Drag in a crossroads
Draggin' across roads

Nothing forced about that @Hush
Not my fault your small mind is programmed to not work
Fuck you, poon toe. After this tournament, we go...

And yes, in Canada we use flop as a word for whack, weak, soft, etc .. lolll foh fr, you trying toooo hard. Zaddy levels
Old 07-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #15
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

No you just suck . By your peers I am rated and scored way above you. So that shit you try with other people don’t work with me . My life is also way better than yours . Just in case you want to try that route

Maybe I just think you write shit lines and are emotionally weak
Old 07-21-2020, 04:50 PM   #16
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

He sure ain’t no Zaddy
Topical Head
Old 07-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #17
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

For other bars our small minds don't get, see the classic 'lobster in his coat pocket' bar
Old 07-21-2020, 05:12 PM   #18
Hush
NJ Devil

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Crazy how the smartest guy on the site digs holes for a living
Old 07-21-2020, 06:43 PM   #19
Bomb Bard
FUCK YOU

Battle Record: 7-9

Bomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Crazy how the smartest guy on the site digs holes for a living
Ey I dig holes and fill them... but I never pick up a shovel or rake. I’m that good
Old 07-21-2020, 06:43 PM   #20
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb Bard View Post
Ey I dig holes and fill them... but I never pick up a shovel or rake. I’m that good
That’s hot
Topical Head
Closed Thread