Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future
Default Question about the second amendment

Quote:
Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
How does this relate to personal gun ownership?

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:02 AM   #2
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

A well regulated Militia, and the right of citizens to keep and bear Arms, are necessary to the security of a free State, and shall not be infringed

Reworded 4 u...meaning the above has nothing to do with gun ownership but the right to use mechanical force against possibly immoral forces
Old 02-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #3
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

It is from the 1780s lol
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

at the time of its writing, it may have seemed necessary, as this was before the existence of the armed forces of the united states, to have a group of men who could be armed and ready to assemble at a moment's notice. What does it mean in today's timeline? nothing.
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

I can't wait for you to explain how it means nothing for today.

Please enlighten us.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:30 AM   #6
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

ITT V explains the necessity of just the 'well regulated militia' phrase of the Constitution
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:39 AM   #7
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

it means nothing because we have a regulated militia called the armed forces
and if a time comes when they fail to stop an invading force, all of the armed citizens will mean nothing, because as armed as they could be, they wont have tanks, or jets, or nuclear missiles. But the other people will. Thats why it means nothing today to claim the right to bear arms has anything to do with the need to form an active militia from citizens.
philosophy.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #8
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Well....Could we just use drones? Like Obama does?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #9
veritas
HALL OF FAME

And is your argument that the average man shouldnt have weapons because the government now pays men to have weapons and work for it? Is that it?
Old 02-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #10
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future
Default he speaks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
What does it mean in today's timeline? nothing.
oh explain this little gem please

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #11
Code Black

Code Black is an unknown quantity at this point

Clearly the founders' knowledge didn't make it as far into the future as they wanted....
Code Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #12
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

Destroyer, so you're saying if Martial Law was unlawfully implemented to disarm the citizens of America and Posse Comitatus was overridden you mean to tell me that the modern day Militia would not protect the rights or should not protect the rights of your dumb ass and everyone else?

Last edited by Chyeahhh!!!; 02-27-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #13
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Default he speaks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
it means nothing because we have a regulated militia called the armed forces
and if a time comes when they fail to stop an invading force, all of the armed citizens will mean nothing, because as armed as they could be, they wont have tanks, or jets, or nuclear missiles. But the other people will. Thats why it means nothing today to claim the right to bear arms has anything to do with the need to form an active militia from citizens.

LMFAO

I will not dignify this response as a coherent excuse to engage in regards to said subject matter.

the rest of you may continue

Old 02-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #14
Larold

Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold

@Destroyer you better have a good answer for your outrageous boast
Larold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:38 PM   #15
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

um, i already answered
lots of lip and chin in this thread
philosophy.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #16
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

yea....it's a few folks in this thread who remind me of the guy who bends over and squeals like a pig in Deliverance without hesitation when it comes to there rights. Me and many others are counting on people like you to keep things busy when the roundups come

Old 02-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #17
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Jude: does the military personally protect your family?

Is there an armed battalion assigned personally to your house?
Old 02-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #18
Larold

Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold Larold

Well that would be going against the third amendment James
Larold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #19
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

veritas, if you learn to read, youd see that i was responding to the original question, as in what that part of the second amendment (referring specifically to the general militia portion) means today, which has absolutely nothing to do with one's right to personal protection, which i have said nothing about
philosophy.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:48 PM   #20
veritas
HALL OF FAME

But you then said that since there is an armed forces there is no need for us to own guns. Right?

Tags
lego gatling gun on deck bros, local militia draft dodger, lol the roundups, uh oh 4 rnc chairman