Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 02-29-2016, 02:16 AM   #61
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

You meant the STUPIDITY of society though right?
Old 02-29-2016, 04:06 AM   #62
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Skimmed thread a couple days ago and didn't read again now so excuse me if I'm misquoting you, but

You're wondering about white male privelege and wanting to hear from people who actually experience discrimination on account of not being a white male.

Said you acknowledged racism.

So what you want is to hear from people who have experienced discrimination on account of not being male. On a forum with exactly 0 literate females who post here with any kind of regularity.

Lel.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:32 AM   #63
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Not just discrimination, i opened it up to the broad spectrum of ALL the problems with society today in america. I made the thread because im bombarded by the media and social media talking about how its impossible to succeed and everything else. How we have to raise minimum wage and make college free to "rape culture" inequality for women black lives matter etc. The broad spectrum. I wanted to see if anyone is suffering in this system thats so obviously broken if you are to believe everything they force down your face.

Since i said im doing fine it gets skewed into me somehow not having empathy. I am saying the majority of everyones empathy is misguided and based on the selfishness people attribute to me. Im friends with people who went to full sail for example, for video editing production etc, friends with at least 20 psychology degree having women, people who got degrees in history and shit who are basically receptionists at museums and they complain about their student debt and how they cant get a job etc. How they deserve 15 an hour as telemarketers at call centers and pizza delivery drivers etc because their wasnt magically a 100k a year job for them.

If it was people complaining about how the inner citys broken as far as the school systems and how shit is designed for the poor to fail in those situations i can be like yea its fucked lets change it

But people get greedy and dont want to help those that actually need it. They want to help themselves too. They want free college for everyone yet the k-12 system is broken and underfunded and the problem is magnified in poor neighborhoods etc.

Basically trying to make the point that none of us are affected by the nonsense they say is wrong. Everyones energy is misguided into issues that dont matter etc
Old 02-29-2016, 08:21 AM   #64
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

I've decided my life is and has been harder then any of the black people I know irl or on Netcees

An in this conclusion I've also decided u are all whiney fagits who should stfu
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:09 AM   #65
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh

Basically trying to make the point that none of us are affected by the nonsense they say is wrong. Everyones energy is misguided into issues that dont matter etc
Who is "us" though?

Young, white, healthy, employed, childless men?

Yeah, we're fine.

Others less so.

I don't agree with the viewpoint you seem to have that if issue A is relatively OK then we shouldn't put any effort into making it better because issue B is less OK. You're willing to hear about shitty school systems but not about racism or sexism because you perceive them as less of a problem. That's like saying we shouldn't research or fund research into motor neuron disease until we find a cure for cancer.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:56 AM   #66
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

I hear you but there is a reason cancer research gets 400thousand times the attention as basically everything else. Its the bigger problem.

The bigger problems should always be addressed before the minor ones. Your argument is goofy.

Im not against helping motor neuron disease, im against making it a priority when cancer should be addressed first. Just following your analogy.

But yea lets close the make believe wage gap for women while the inner city youths continue to have 0 opportunites at a better life
Old 03-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #67
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I've decided my life is and has been harder then any of the black people I know irl or on Netcees

An in this conclusion I've also decided u are all whiney fagits who should stfu
Lol I know

You look more n more like Genocide everyday

Bazaam!

Take that! Take that!

*logs out*
Old 03-01-2016, 03:17 PM   #68
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
I hear you but there is a reason cancer research gets 400thousand times the attention as basically everything else. Its the bigger problem.

The bigger problems should always be addressed before the minor ones. Your argument is goofy.

Im not against helping motor neuron disease, im against making it a priority when cancer should be addressed first. Just following your analogy.

But yea lets close the make believe wage gap for women while the inner city youths continue to have 0 opportunites at a better life
I agree somewhat. It's appropriate for government to put more money/effort into solving the bigger problem, but I don't agree that the smaller problem should just sit idle until we're done with the bigger one. I'm sorry for using an analogy within an analogy but it's like diversifying an asset portfolio - you don't invest in just one thing that might have a big payoff, you spread your investments around into different areas so that you're more likely to see a gain overall.

On an individual level, I wouldn't criticize anyone for being concerned mainly with the smaller problem. Different people fight different battles according to their interests and abilities, and that's OK. People who know someone with MND will probably fund research into that before they will for cancer. That's OK. MND researchers are helping society more by doing that work than if they switched to cancer research - they know more about MND.