Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section > Write Week Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 AM   #21
Rude

Rude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant futureRude has a brilliant future

There were some really dope verses I think Sammy's stood out the most for me, because he just took it in a completely different direction.

The theme of food, and using the picture to get there was brilliant. Also feel like there was a little bit of comparison of 'motherland' to mother earth - thus also keeping the picture tied into the theme. loved the soul food play on words. and this one :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Fuck a spoon, finger food all day. We like to stay in touch.
the finger/touch connection there was dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
light squeeze of lemon that life gave
so V/Sammy

but some others I enjoyed :

Unemployed - Also outside the box and i like how you used the theme of being hollow to connect to the tree.

Infiltration -
Quote:
If I fall in the woods... only sounds heard are grinding teeth of a saw
clean flow, and love the connection to the age old question "if a tree falls in the woods - does it make a sound?"

King Ra - loved the syntax and language and flow, your verse is probably the same tone/theme I would have went with.

Genocide - dope af imagery/flow. I liked all the different reasons you gave for ppl to dissect the tree for until it basically rots/falls or gets completely cut down.

Lars - was also completely outside of the box, and entertaining to boot.

MMLP - dope way to flip the anne frank angle.

Vulgar - the multis/flow was sick +rep for using Dhampir in the verse, definitely not something I expected to see on this topic.