Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-23-2014, 02:07 AM   #1
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future
Default i'm A Better Writer In My Mind Than i Am On Paper

If i write towards perfection, does it make me naive?
Because i strive for you to intercept intentions i sow?

That end rhyme you're looking for -- irreverant. free.
It sits so well, like a memory
see?

You're remembering now. Re-membered in me.
Meaning we are one, re-embering our chest in decrees.
Announced nouns. Reverbiated verbiage. Permeate
pearly gates. It all serves a purpose to me.

Soo fulfilling. Complete. Feeling my ability peak.
You feeling my feelings. An appealing deceit.
Concealing defeat with subtle sounds. Silly. Succinct;

(Guess I could've used "brief" but that syllable stinks)

Guess I could've used meaning but simplicity's cheap
Because the simple things in life leave no mystery..
..meek?
Old 07-23-2014, 02:57 AM   #2
gitto138

Battle Record: BITER

gitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-levelgitto138 drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Ahh dude i was pissed off when it just ends so quick good drop, nice combos n multis structures easy on the eye
gitto138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Battle Record: 3-3

Kin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant future

Same....didnt like how it.ended...
Like.the structure u use tho....some.deep.thoughts
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
ribbit
The deputy of nc

Battle Record: 1-10

ribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant future

Wasnt feeling this either i enjoyed the idea but ur lines didnt flip the concept as well as i thot it could would have enjoyed it more if u expanded on the idea more u needed to make it clear why ur rap sounds bettep in your head than on paper
ribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

Hated the content. Seemed force. Repetitive usage of repeating vowels was upsetting because it made the content suffer. Though you may be happy with it now, in two months (if you keep up a rapid pace of writing) it'll seem weak. Everything I've ever written has sucked to me the very next day. Except for about 5 things. IF you encounter this, you'll be proud. The succint part, was just, off to me. Seemed a bit too forced, though it made sense, and you seem to strain your actual thoughts emphasis, rather than enforcing it through a brushstroke. You sort of just splattered the canvass with paint. And you aren't picasso. You're a 9th grade art student. Continue writing and sending me things so I can take you across this path so you can obliterate pancake and certain. You're close.
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #6
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

this was cool bro, like everybody else said wish it woulda been longer.
Your wording was good and wordplays were subtle yet obvious and the whole cadence/flow was smooth as fuck. drop some more bars man
Old 07-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #7
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baby View Post
Hated the content. Seemed force. Repetitive usage of repeating vowels was upsetting because it made the content suffer. Though you may be happy with it now, in two months (if you keep up a rapid pace of writing) it'll seem weak. Everything I've ever written has sucked to me the very next day. Except for about 5 things. IF you encounter this, you'll be proud. The succint part, was just, off to me. Seemed a bit too forced, though it made sense, and you seem to strain your actual thoughts emphasis, rather than enforcing it through a brushstroke. You sort of just splattered the canvass with paint. And you aren't picasso. You're a 9th grade art student. Continue writing and sending me things so I can take you across this path so you can obliterate pancake and certain. You're close.
thanks bb

and also others, your feed will be returned
Old 07-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

not a fan of this one fig. see what you were doing though. the idea was cool. but something about the way you carried it out was to, i dont know, predictable? maybe thats not the best word

but the mechanics were cool. concept was cool. just didnt hit home the way i wanted it to
Old 07-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #9
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Seemed directionless. Your writing deals a lot with how you see others & how they see you. This was that in its very barebones state which is hard to convey elegantly, and (no offense) you didn't. Sounded almost like a Childish Gambino verse if he was coming down from a lot of shrooms. I guess I liked the ember imagery.

Keep keyin.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
ribbit
The deputy of nc

ribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant futureribbit has a brilliant future

Why does shit like this get so much attention??
Old 07-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #11
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- colin kaepernick
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
Why does shit like this get so much attention??
fig contributes a lot to the community, so the community contributes to when he posts an om, which is rarely.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #12
ribbit
The deputy of nc

Well to me as a writer this dissapoints because there are really talented artists on here ands its hard to weed them out when eryone got sumn to say about shit like this wateva support whoever u want but we all in this shit togetha
Old 07-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #13
big baby
obsessed

Accomplishments

Champed
- colin kaepernick

shut it
Old 07-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #14
ribbit
The deputy of nc

Fuck u make me
Old 07-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #15
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I think people are being a bit harsh here. This isn't top tier, or as good as some of your other open mics (which I enjoy) but it had some redeeming qualities. The first four lines and the ending two lines weren't good, that's true. A little too precious. But I think the middle had a nice cadence to it and cut down on babble. Overall an interesting read but not on your highlight reel.
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #16
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
Well to me as a writer this dissapoints because there are really talented artists on here ands its hard to weed them out when eryone got sumn to say about shit like this wateva support whoever u want but we all in this shit togetha
Fig's dope.

In fact, if he got his lazy ass act together and actually spent some time on shit, he could challenge anyone imo.

I know that's rich coming from me, the guy whose act hasn't been together for about 2 years now, but it's the truth.

Stop playing fig.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #17
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

The remembering section made me think of what I sent you for our collab. Which makes me think, why hasn't that been posted yet lol

Fig is good people so obviously people are going to feed him when he posts something. Ribbit you're looking jealous, man and that's not a good look. If you consistently drop feed people will repay the favor.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #18
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

This being a brief ensamble it had a unique wording that contributed to an interesting read. Although the ending was a bit abrupt, and that I felt diminished the piece's performance overall. The ending is the last line that sketches into a reader's heart, and so it should be memorable. But in a way it is memorable because you did the opposite, and ended with an almost flash.

Anyways I was kind of fond of this wording you utilized in this followiing passages:

You're remembering now. Re-membered in me.
Meaning we are one, re-embering our chest in decrees.
Announced nouns. Reverbiated verbiage. Permeate
pearly gates. It all serves a purpose to me.

Soo fulfilling. Complete. Feeling my ability peak.
You feeling my feelings. An appealing deceit.
Concealing defeat with subtle sounds. Silly. Succinct;

It had a very Tonedeff like resemblence, in terms of flow. As for the meaning of this piece, I don't believe that's something your really meant to unravel. Meekness and simplicity that have no mystery and leave no questions of meaning are brought down to the stage, so as to let them harmonize into one's existence, which at times is overly complicated due the structures we implant ourselves.
This is why the first 3 lines, particularly the third you state "That end rhyme you're looking for -- irreverant. free". As if stating by not following rigid guidelines you don't disrespect anything due to provoking their code of honor, or whatever code another follows.
Reality is as difficult, simple, or a mixure of both as one decides it to be. And instead of seeing things simply we get lost in this mirages of meanings that really hide the meaning. At least this what I took from it. Anyways have a happy day.

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 07-26-2014 at 12:32 AM.
UnbornBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #19
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

I have to agree with Pancake here. You've got the goods but this ain't had enough sugar, Suga.

Keep figgin'
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
15 barz, average