Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > GWL

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Battle Record: 8-4

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League

Johnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant future
Default GWL PLAYOFFS CHAT

They're up and ready to go people. And I've got some added appreciation for @Inno for the pain of searching for decent topics. Everyone pumped up? Feeling inspired? Hating me for choosing quotes instead of pictures? ;)

Let's hear you.

and, since this bears a repost for the new thread:

Year End Awards - (Organised by @Universe)

MVP - Given to the most outstanding individual in all aspects. Verses, voting, sportsmanship, contributions to the magazine, chat etc. Basically who had the biggest overall effect on the GWL in making it what it was.

Winner - @Adverse - 3 votes

Without question the MVP of this league, and if the votes would've reflected otherwise I probably would've just overpowered them and gave it to Adverse anyway lol.. Congrats and well deserved, my friend.

"I'm gonna give my vote to Adverse. Dude's been helping mod, contributing to the mag, dropping verses, voting, and keeping the level of quality up with his drops. All around key ingredients to a successful league." - Artifice

Universe - 1 vote
@Lars
@Inno - 1 vote
@Scar

Verse of the Year - I dug through the archives people. There are some gems. I chose the nominees based on the responses to each and overall impact they had on the readers/voters.

@sraL - Untitled 'Mario' Piece - 1 vote
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=143091

Co-winner - @Scar - "A Light Story" - 2 votes
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142946

It's very rare when I read my opponents verse and immediately think and KNOW it's better than mine, but after reading this from Scar in our champ match my immediate thought was, "fuck..." lol. I knew I was doomed. This is the type of piece that comes along once in a blue moon - where everything connects and there's just no topping it. He literally threw everything at me; quoting me, using my words against me, linking in past verses to make a connecting story (thus lightly mocking me haha) and even doubled back and connected it all in the end. It is hands down the Verse of the Year in my opinion... and I'm really happy the voters agreed. Well done, @Scar.

Co-winner - Universe - "The Water's Edge" - 2 votes
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142747

@Adverse - "Our Sandy Shore"
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142629

@dead man - "The Light"
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142551

Battle of the Year - What contest was so back and forth, so nail bitingly close, that it was difficult to choose a winner?

@dead man vs. @Inno - 1 vote
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142551

@Bodey vs. @Blue Bayou
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142749

@sraL vs. @Adverse - 1 vote
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142746

Winner - @dead man vs. Universe - 3 votes
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142747

An honor and a priviledge to battle this guy. I knew I had to bring my best effort to even compete with him and I'm glad at how well both our takes on the topic turned out. We literally had people not wanting to vote because it was too close. If there was such thing as a tie, this probably would've gotten it. Thank you, @dead man.

@Artifice vs. @Johnny 6 feet
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=143090

Voter of the Year - Consistency and details matter. Who gave the best breakdowns, etc.

@Johnny 6 feet - 1 vote
@Adverse
@sraL
@Scar
Winner - Universe - 3 votes

I vote for the culture haha. Nah, I enjoyed reading everyone's verses every week - I'm very passionate about writing and always appreciate the effort it takes (in most cases) to create one of these topical pieces from just a morsel of information. It's extremely difficult to do it right and I felt if I didn't give the same level of detail to my votes that I bring to my pieces, then I would be doing the entire league a disservice. Thanks for the recognition everyone.

Pic Challenge Award - I went through them all... I suggest you do the same. Who gets the nod?

Co-winner - @Vulgar - 1 vote
@Adverse
Co-winner - @Artifice - 1 vote
Co-winner - Universe - 1 vote
@Scar

Sucks we got a 3-way tie but it is what it is.

RKO Award - Who came outta relative nowhere and made the biggest impact on the topical scene?

Winner - @Bodey - 2 votes
@Scar - 1 vote
@Blue Bayou - 1 vote
@Johnny 6 feet - 1 vote
@MMLP

By far the most widely diverse category in terms of votes... but @Bodey takes it home. I think she surprised everyone with her topical prowess and her knack for crafting memorable, nostalgic moments in her verses. She humbly champed the league while moving lol... and continued to be a thorn in the side for all the favorites that went up against her. Great job, Bodey.

The Chatterbox Award - Who consistently entertained/infuriated us the most throughout the season with his gift of gab?

Winner - @sraL - 3 votes

"hmm, gotta with Lars here. Dude can really get under one's skin, but he can be funny as fuck too. Love to hate him, or hate to love him, he's definitely anything but boring." - Artifice

I've had my issues with this guy to say the least lol... but he is one of the few people I've ever come across online that matches my passion for writing, and I respect his work ethic. It's rare that a person can talk his level of trash AND back it up, but Lars does it with ease.

@Adverse
@Johnny 6 feet - 1 vote
@Artifice - 1 vote
Universe

Upset of the Year - Who shocked us all and came away with the most unexpected W?

@Bodey defeats @Scar - 1 vote
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=143094

Winner - @Pharaohs Army defeats @dead man - 2 votes
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142948

Agree or disagree, this is and was a monumental upset by @Pharaohs Army. No one had him winning this, literally no one... and yet he pulled it off. Congrats on this amazing effort.

@brokenhal0 defeats @Artifice - 1 vote
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=143318

@Johnny 6 feet defeats @Inno
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=143516

@Bodey defeats @Blue Bayou
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142749

Holy Shit/Wtf Moment of the Year - What caught you off guard? The biggest upset? The most ridiculous post? The most heated beef? Could be anything...

Mentions:
- Lars/Universe debacle.
- Sinacog winning.
- dead man/Lars DQ - No Extensions.
-Lars loser ass tendencies

Lol love these votes. I think we can go ahead and give it to Lars though... I don't think anyone would argue he deserves it multiple times this season haha. Entertaining, if nothing else.

There ya go everyone. Congrats to the winners and co-winners. You can clean this up and add it to the mag if you want but I just wanted to post this before Playoffs got started.

Last edited by Johnny 6 feet; 07-18-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Johnny 6 feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:36 AM   #2
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

@Johnny 6 feet can you add the seeding numbers beside each person's name? I wouldn't be mad about having the seasons records carrying over either in the thread titles...
Old 07-19-2020, 07:16 AM   #3
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Champed

Johnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant future

I suppose I could but 2 seeds were joint 6th and 2 hadn't competed in the league so I just placed them around the middle for simplicities sake.

Essentially the seeding came out like this:

1. Lars
10. Candy

2. Johnny 6 feet
9. Master Rock

3. Adverse
8. brokenhal0

4. Universe
Razah

5. Inno
6. Scar

6. dead man
King Ra

I tried to make it as fair I could. I think I did ok. I think for the semi's it's supposed to be the winners from 1/10, 4/Razah and 6/Ra. in one match and 2/9, 3/8 and 5/6 in the other? Unless it's 1 on 1 again and the final is a triple threat. In which case it'd be winner from 1/10 vs 6/Ra., 2/9 vs 5/6 and 3/8 vs 4/Razah

Anyone got a preference for round 2?

Last edited by Johnny 6 feet; 07-19-2020 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:27 AM   #4
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Cool bro but I meant like... in the thread titles. Show each person's ranking
Old 07-19-2020, 07:33 AM   #5
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Champed

I'd be assigning some numbers arbitrarily but it would neaten things up I suppose.
@Inno @Adverse got pennies to add about this?
Old 07-19-2020, 07:37 AM   #6
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 6 feet View Post
I'd be assigning some numbers arbitrarily but it would neaten things up I suppose.
@Inno @Adverse got pennies to add about this?
The rankings are already in place man. The battles are posted. Just add the rankings beside the names and we are good to go ... (not a fan of the CAPITALS though...)
Old 07-19-2020, 07:42 AM   #7
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Champed

They've always been posted that way. I think it adds gravitas personally. Adding the rankings neatens things up I'm just saying the non-league competitors are being assigned battles based on the performance of league players and scar and dead man have the same records.

Editing now.

Last edited by Johnny 6 feet; 07-19-2020 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:51 AM   #8
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

You've done well overall my man. But dead man should be #5 Ra #8... Scar #6 Inno #7.

Based on one on ones because both dead man and Scar have beaten Inno and have better records. I would nudge dead man ahead of Scar based on momentum and track record
Old 07-19-2020, 08:00 AM   #9
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Champed

Right. I think that's looking real cushty now.

Did you ever mod this Universe?
Old 07-19-2020, 08:04 AM   #10
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 6 feet View Post
Right. I think that's looking real cushty now.

Did you ever mod this Universe?
No, I felt it would take away from my writing if I ran the league I competed in. But I like to weigh in now and again because I've been reading everyone's verses since Week 1 and have a good feel for things
Old 07-19-2020, 08:12 AM   #11
Clutbuck
Battle Rap's Married Man

Battle Record: 2-0

Champed
- Gorilla Writing league

Clutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant future

I’ve a good feeling Candy is garbage.
Clutbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:22 AM   #12
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Champed

Positive contribution Clut! :)
Old 07-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #13
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutbuck View Post
I’ve a good feeling Candy is garbage.
i have a good idea that you posted your verse

Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #14
Clutbuck
Battle Rap's Married Man

Battle Record: 2-0

Champed
- Gorilla Writing league

Clutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant future

Insert more incoherent babble here.
Clutbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:54 AM   #15
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Not feeling the topic.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Master Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:18 PM   #16
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Champed

@Master Rock alright how about this:

'Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop- H. L. Mencken'

^One of the back ups I had.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #17
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Easier to digest, I began writing to the Shakespearean quote and was about 6 lines in and understood it perfectly but my heart was pitying the fool. I might go with the love, let's see what I drop.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Master Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #18
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutbuck View Post
Insert more incoherent babe here.

Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #19
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Rock View Post
Easier to digest, I began writing to the Shakespearean quote and was about 6 lines in and understood it perfectly but my heart was pitying the fool. I might go with the love, let's see what I drop.
You got to tell me which one you want man. We have to write to the same topic and I'm not waiting around to start.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #20
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

I am humbled by being voted MVP of the league. I appreciate it. I've been writing a long time and feel like this was the best opportunity I have had to put my best foot forward and just write. It's been fun and I'm glad I was a part of it. Here's to a productive playoffs.
Adverse is offline   Reply With Quote