Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 3 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 04:08 AM   #521
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDK View Post
word @Witty I feel ya bruh I would be too/already am.
depending how shit goes with this along with knowing I've had 2 no show wins in a row I may not bother competing anymore. rawn's bullshit adding to the annoyances, there's not really much keeping me here other than my own want to write...but I can do that anywhere without restrictions
Here's how shit goes with this...Certain gets to be an asshole and bar competitors from submitting a piece because he has sand in his vagina for some reason.

Awesome way to run a league.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:09 AM   #522
Ink

Battle Record: 5-5

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

Guys. I can understand people being upset and whatever, but I can also see Certain's side.. having been in charge of shit before. There's value to being stern and allowing no exceptions for any reason. The moment Certain allows past due verses to be accepted, etc.. what becomes the new hard stop? Saturday extensions? What if someone is late on their new deadline? I agree it can suck in some cases, but it's necessary to keep this league running smoothly imo

STILL working on that book I left competing for... ig: @dchang.poetry
Old 03-15-2014, 04:13 AM   #523
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
Guys. I can understand people being upset and whatever, but I can also see Certain's side.. having been in charge of shit before. There's value to being stern and allowing no exceptions for any reason. The moment Certain allows past due verses to be accepted, etc.. what becomes the new hard stop? Saturday extensions? What if someone is late on their new deadline? I agree it can suck in some cases, but it's necessary to keep this league running smoothly imo
15 minutes late when I was not aware the deadline had even passed?

I hardly think that is breaking the rules.

I'm sorry, I'll keep up to date with daylights savings in a country I don't live in from now on.

I wrote a verse, I have a lot of bullshit happening in my life right now and I could have easily no showed, but I stayed up to write out of respect for Certain and his league, and in return he acts like a pussy and refuses to post a legitimate verse.

Sign me out too @Certain Fuck this league tbh.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #524
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

My time at Netcees will now be dedicated to derailing this league tbh.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:18 AM   #525
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

@Ink I've ran leagues and admin'd sites before too but when its a one time allowance due to a difference in country day light savings time being on separate dates and the first week ext aint allowed is a pretty solid reason to be 15 minutes late...
its not like this excuse can be used every week and there isn't many reasons that can even compare to that.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:24 AM   #526
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

ive ran leagues and sites too

and what is most important to a league is activity

now u have 2 verses (one maybe crap, but if the writer says its his verse who's to say its not,) both for the same match

both done within minutes of the deadline

now u can have a match read as a double no show, and the league appear to have yet another dead match

or have it appear to be an open match up, and allow voting, however much of a landslide it maybe

now being a prospective participant and seeing open matches im more ample to sign in, than seeing double no shows

im saying witty put time and effort into his verse

i asked for an hr ext and wasnt granted it bc of deadlines, so i impromptu constructed a verse that looselyworks

with another participants help

why not allow the match up to be open?

appearances r essential to a league
@YDK dont misconstrue this im not attempting to mock anyone/thing

what i am attempting to do is get the match open, so the league has one less no show battle

A. bove T. he R. est

Last edited by Rawn MD; 03-15-2014 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:24 AM   #527
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

@Certain really needs to reconsider his "ruling" and reevaluate the circumstances surrounding it.
I know if objective had this happen to him this week and I was given a no show win because of being 15 minutes late I would request it to be allowed or sign out if it wasn't.
Throwing rawn and witty under the "you no showed cuz you always no show and will always no show" bus is a big fuck you to everybody because it shows bias in 2 competitors that you control the fate of.
who's to say other people wont start feeling you're biased towards them because of some other tag you label them with?
will I always be the guy that can "almost" beat anybody? will that label cause you to vote against me the next time i'm against somebody that has a bigger name on this site than me?
how you could you prove otherwise when showing the same type of bias towards other members?

all i'm sayin is this is pretty fucked up how this all is being handled and didn't even start off politely, it started with certain basically saying fuck you, you always no show, i'm forcing you to take a no show loss, now deal with it or i'm not gonna run this league.

not a good look in week 3
Old 03-15-2014, 04:28 AM   #528
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

That's the only reason I'm not dropping the issue tbh I know I no show a lot but I actually wanted to show out of respect for the dude, I was a few minutes late for which I had a perfectly valid and reasonable excuse, and then he does this shit.

Tbh even with all that being true, even if dude had just said 'Nah I can't man, I have to treat everyone equally' I would still not have agreed but I would have accepted it...but dude had to come at me with the insults and the name calling, like a little child...so now Witty does what Witty does best.

I'm going to sleep, if my verse hasn't been posted by the time I wake, I begin my assault on this league.
@Certain

Old 03-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #529
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

word bruh i'm headin to bed too, Jess has been passed out for hours so i'ma sneak in an act like I aint stay up till almost 5am
Old 03-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #530
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

@YDK: Sorry!
@Certain: Can I get 1-2 hours to write? I fucking overslept and woke up now. I was going to take a nap for a couple hours and I ended up sleeping for 14 hours.

Edit: Now that I read this thread I see that's non-negotiable. Fuck. I didn't mean to no-show you man.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 03-15-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #531
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

@YDK: If you want to: Put it up in the BA and I'll write something to the same topic so whatever you got doesn't go to waste if you feel the OM doesn't suffice.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:10 AM   #532
Just Write

Battle Record: 9-12

Just Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant future

I mean tbh ya'll the ones making a big deal. Everyone has the same allotted time to write and by moving the deadline to friday certain's actually giving you a free 24 hr ext. I think its pretty nice tbh. I mean if people wanna bullshit all week and then decide they want to write the day of the deadline that's on the writer and no one else. Stop procrastinating guys. Low key ya'll burried yourselves and there is no one else to blame for that so just swallow your pride and come out swinging next week.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:35 AM   #533
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Just got off my second job..my weekend job.the most popular club in town is even dead some times.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 03-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #534
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

what is next weeks prompt/theme @Certain

like picture, quote, lead, ect....

just curious

n so we on the same page - idgaf sht was my fault for procrastinating, and that verse... u already know i was just being sarcastic/semi-trolling with it @YDK

only reason I was being so persistent w it was to validate witty being able to post his verse, bc then he'd have a verse to post against, as opposed to just going from a double no show to a no show.

but witty is in a diff situ, and really did dedicate time to writing, also being his opponent i noticed he hadnt even logged into nc, that i was aware, since his original check in

(which was partially the reason 4 my procrastination, key word partial)

i do think u should of let it go down as a valid match, and let me lose via votes, and that an actual match would have appeared better for activity sake n the league than a double no show. However, i also feel u should have granted me the 5am ext since both verses would be up in the am, when voting would commence.

but its ur league, so understanding that im cool with w.e

better-yet, I have some understanding of what u do for a living, and why u can be so strict on a deadline.

A. bove T. he R. est

Last edited by Rawn MD; 03-15-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 AM   #535
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

JW speaking the truth tho'.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #536
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn MD View Post
what is next weeks prompt/theme @Certain

like picture, quote, lead, ect....

just curious.
It's pictures. Both of you can stay in by voting on three battles.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #537
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

as the other mod of this league and person that ran last season

I am 100% in agreement with Certain on this issue

the deadline is not flexible

it doesn't matter the reason. you either post on time or you don't. its your responsibility to figure out what the deadline is in your time zone.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #538
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I'm I still in if I vote on three battles as well? @Certain. Sorry about the no-show.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #539
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
I'm I still in if I vote on three battles as well? @Certain. Sorry about the no-show.
yes if you vote on three battles you are still in for next week
Old 03-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #540
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

I ran season 1 of the AOWL which you could say did good and bad. Aside from the great competition every week and in-depth magazines, it was always ran sloppily. That's because I never truly enforced a deadline or even voting regulations. So this led to different deadline/extension days, and I pretty much even let those who no showed or didn't vote stay in the league. And people took advantage of that. @Rawn MD @Witty you both missed the deadline tbh. Even if you had verses ready 15 mins after. If anything, and this is what I did at deadline, you could have posted your verse unfinished and then edit in the remaining lines, because in the rules it says both opponents can edit their verses before the first vote or extension deadline. And you wouldn't be penalized for it.
@Certain has ran this league much better than I did season one and it's been successful because he sets guidelines and makes sure they are enforced to keep things fair and running smoothly. The moment he begins to allow people extra extensions is when everything messes up. You both are very well known for no showing and the fact you both waited to the last minute is your own faults. I can understand Witty with the time situation, but again, you could have posted way before, so Certain shouldn't be hearing anything. If y'all want to throw a tirade, fine, but it is what it is.

Whether you participate or not, the league will run.

Tags
blarney stoned, burn ireland down, carbombs for everyone, death by whiskey poisoning, dublin more like carbombs, foxes don't trust the irish, go back to ireland, irish are scum, irish can't change lightbulbs, irish i never knew the irish, irish people talk funny, irish/drunk driver synonymous, jameson addiction, kill mick, kill the irish, leave you fucking mick, lecherous leprechaun, leprechaun was awful movie, no irish allowed, no more irish, no. irish. allowed., no. irish. allowed..., shamrock shook, st.patrick patron queer, we don't serve the irish