Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Writing Challenge League

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #61
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiE View Post
So, basically, there's no champion matches or titles to win, no verses of the week or mag and unless you're in it from the start, it's pretty much a waste of time other than the pure writing of it. that's stingy and cheap so we're basically working for free. lmao
That's a reasonable point, @zygote.

Maybe crown two champions, one for the Writing Challenge League and another for a topical tournament seeded based on Writing Challenge League points? You could open the latter up to members who didn't compete, too.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #62
PiE
el es a la mode

Battle Record: 1-4

PiE is on a distinguished road

There should just be weekly champs like all leagues do since this isn't a tournament as Zygote stated. Then there should be champs because that's how leagues usually work to encourage people to win. Somebody need to be champ so we know who to put the target on to shoot for. This way just requires minimal work to operate for the managerial side. It doesn't really aid the writers for being in here other than facing each other and seeing who's got skills.

Thanks for the credit Serpent
Old 08-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #63
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Your under the radar serpentine underground fracking for votes is noted. I know your type. Loud as a motor bike, but wouldn't bust an entire verse-theme in a type fight.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
Old 08-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #64
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiE View Post
There should just be weekly champs like all leagues do since this isn't a tournament as Zygote stated. Then there should be champs because that's how leagues usually work to encourage people to win. Somebody need to be champ so we know who to put the target on to shoot for. This way just requires minimal work to operate for the managerial side. It doesn't really aid the writers for being in here other than facing each other and seeing who's got skills.

Thanks for the credit Serpent
You think this league requires minimal work? That's ridiculous.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #65
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

why is writing for anything other than a champ accomplishment so stingy? lolwtf

its not as if all verses receive healthy amounts of collective feedback and critique from other participants as well as a guaranteed comment from zygote in every week's inhumanly punctual mag....right

the league is only 8 weeks long.. AOWL was twice that.. creating a championship title out of thin air this late in the game seems a bit regressive
Old 08-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #66
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I assumed their would be an accomplishment/champ for this the whole while. There's one for every activity on this site.
Could you find me?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #67
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

I think dead man means weekly championships. We're more than halfway through the life of this league. It's too late for that.

The writer with the most points at the end of this league wins an accomplishment and a small moment to go to his grave with, a token of pride that can never be taken away. We should be so lucky.

But I do think using these standings to seed an otherwise-unrelated topical tournament after the league ends would be a fine idea.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #68
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

All apologies.
Could you find me?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:33 AM   #69
PiE
el es a la mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain Serpent View Post
You think this league requires minimal work? That's ridiculous.
That's not what I meant Serpent... IJS there's less incentives because of the things missing. That's also due to a lack of inside help from the people within the league, not just the mods. A mag can be written and managed by anyone who makes that effort. I'm just talking tho... this is my first week in here, i don't know wassup until i can see wassup... just waiting to see a little more thats all
Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #70
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

the person that finishes with the most points will be the champion and will be given an accomplishment

while it is most likely true that a competitor starting in this league last week or after has a very slim chance of champing the league, I feel like the WCL still has a lot to offer those people.

first of all, this is an opportunity to topical battle basically all the best writers that are still doing this on the net. week in and week out you will be against the very best opponents that their is to offer, anywhere.

any wins you get are not irrelevant. even if you cannot garner enough points to champ, you are earning bragging rights and on top of that your wins will be added to your win-loss record on this site, which is displayed underneath your username. if you were to battle in the battle arena you would be facing most likely lesser competition and receive fewer votes. votes, that's another thing, voting in this league is for the most part very good. so you get more feedback for your verses than you would by dropping an OM piece.

so you get more votes, better feedback, better competition than you could find anywhere else imo. also we do all the work, we set you up with an opponent and topic. if that's not enough, well than this is not the league for you.

remember this is not the sites topical league. that is the AWOL. this is the league that is taking place in between seasons of the AWOL and is intentionally different in many ways. the core philosophy is challenging yourself as a writer by writing to the sometimes difficult stipulations in each battle.

enjoy

Last edited by Mike Wrecka; 08-21-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #71
PiE
el es a la mode

so bragging rights and a record tally... that's it for ppl like me that have only had one match. just don't think this was a good system to encourage more competitive writers. somebody could do a mag out something. that would at least make it more entertaining. Points sick. wind and losses is how battle should work.

I know the league is different. you have harder challenges and less reward.

Last edited by PiE; 08-21-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #72
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

If you don't like it leave tbh.

There's other writing tourneys/leagues coming through. This has been one of the best ran parts of the site since the jump.
Could you find me?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #73
PiE
el es a la mode

isn't this for free chat? so why am I being condemned fur doing so? anyone can leave, anyone can also speak and that obvious in everyone that talks shit all day. I'm not talking shit, just exposing that things are short here. if that's a crime, I'm no where near the only criminal do don't try to throw me instead the bus. I'm no mechanic
Old 08-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #74
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

If you dislike the tourney and have the free option to leave and instead you just bitch about it, I get annoyed. That's all.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #75
PiE
el es a la mode

I know that man.. that obviously hires without saying so why even say it. everyone takes critics on their verse, but critiquing the league isn't okay I guess. ok, I'll stfu then. deuces
Old 08-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #76
PiE
el es a la mode

one last thing, because, this didn't start with me critiquing, but more wondering if there was gonna be more. so if a mag is formed/ established/organized however it's done, I will offer to write mag articles. that's really what I wanted to say in the first place. like a top 5 - 10 verses of the week, top 5 matches, shit I'll even interview the person with the most points. leagues gain strength from members help. I actually said that already too.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #77
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

I think there have been two Great ideas in this debate

1. Pie helping on a mag with whatever he would like to do, because this would only make good better in my opinion

and

2. Having a tourney with these rankings; separately if need be.

Both puts for a boost of morale plus incentive for "the end game".

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #78
zygote

Battle Record: 33-12

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Art of Writing League (3x)

zygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant future

Great if you want to write those sections PiE then thanks, email it prior to Sunday and they will be uploaded along with the reviews. Next week review will contain some extra content anyway (top 5 positioned + 3 reader favorites). Also, part of it will be reasoning/justification for why there is no elimination style tournament section. Although, Adonis comment of "separate if need be" - if anyone wants to do this then go ahead, I can't assist with it but any can use the general principles to make a new style of tournament.

Last edited by zygote; 08-21-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #79
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

In the meantime, vote: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=11435
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #80
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

yo who wants to write for me this week?
Closed Thread