Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #1
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future
Default I was having a debate with my zone partner (QUESTION INSIDE)

And we were arguing about rape.

The proposed question was “should a woman’s rapist be pardoned if she decides to keep the baby and tell the baby about their father once he/she’s old enough.”

I said yes because if love works in mysterious ways.

He said no because it doesn’t change the fact that a rape occurred.

What do you think?
Zaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

@DMS here’s a philosophical question for you to answer
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:41 PM   #3
DMS
DMS—Diddled My Stick

DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
@DMS here’s a philosophical question for you to answer

no problem my guy. This seems pretty fucking simple tbh. Actions should be punished according to the action. the poor decision by the mother doesn't change what he did, and he's still a possible threat to society. he probably won't be a good father or husband, so there's no reason to pardon him on the child's behalf. This argument doesn't make sense from a utilitarian view or a Kantian view.
DMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:45 PM   #4
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Champed

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS View Post
no problem my guy. This seems pretty fucking simple tbh. Actions should be punished according to the action. the poor decision by the mother doesn't change what he did, and he's still a possible threat to society. he probably won't be a good father or husband, so there's no reason to pardon him on the child's behalf. This argument doesn't make sense from a utilitarian view or a Kantian view.
Ok, so if the woman said no no don’t take him I want to be with him (stock Holmes syndrome)
Old 04-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
slecht
Twitter: @ricanjq

Battle Record: 4-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

slecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant future

That's exactly what it is ^^^.

The question is: Did she publicly drag him before pardoning him?
slecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:57 PM   #6
DMS
DMS—Diddled My Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunto View Post
Ok, so if the woman said no no don’t take him I want to be with him (stock Holmes syndrome)
I'll interpret this as a question.

Whether you want him or not doesn't change whether he's husband material or if he did a moral evil. still a public threat, whether those threatened recognize it as so. Like I said, neither Kantian nor utilitarian rules work here.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:01 PM   #7
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS View Post
I'll interpret this as a question.

Whether you want him or not doesn't change whether he's husband material or if he did a moral evil. still a public threat, whether those threatened recognize it as so. Like I said, neither Kantian nor utilitarian rules work here.
So if it were a drug dealer
Old 04-29-2019, 10:08 PM   #8
DMS
DMS—Diddled My Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunto View Post
So if it were a drug dealer

that's honestly even worse from a deterrence view, since they're more likely to repeat the offense if pardoned.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:56 PM   #9
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

I agree with this: "it doesn’t change the fact that a rape occurred." How people deal with rape afterwards is extremely different from person to person. If they find solace in the fact that they want to bring the baby to the world, let them, but also punish the dude for what he did. People deal with hardship in tons of different ways, to say one way to deal with it is correct but another isn't is just fucked up from an empathetic standpoint.

To not punish the rapist gives off the notion that it's ok as long as they keep the baby and that's not cool whatsoever, specially when it can take time before the victim even realize they're pregnant. Loss of period can happen due to stress so it's not weird to not have it for a while after a rape even if they're not pregnant either. So this would create a weird twist and another really difficult obstacle if it goes to court and it's too late for an abortion. It can also take time before a victim is ready to go through the ordeals of courtrooms too. In order to not make that process even more difficult we need to be hard on people that takes advantage of people weaker than them for their own egotistical needs and wants.

I don't understand why this is even a question that needs to be explained/answered tbh, lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 04-29-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:57 PM   #10
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Fucking dead @ "Stock Holmes Syndrome"
Old 04-29-2019, 11:17 PM   #11
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

jesus
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:25 PM   #12
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Can we talk about stock holmes sin drone now plz?
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:18 AM   #13
DMS
DMS—Diddled My Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
I agree with this: "it doesn’t change the fact that a rape occurred." How people deal with rape afterwards is extremely different from person to person. If they find solace in the fact that they want to bring the baby to the world, let them, but also punish the dude for what he did. People deal with hardship in tons of different ways, to say one way to deal with it is correct but another isn't is just fucked up from an empathetic standpoint.

To not punish the rapist gives off the notion that it's ok as long as they keep the baby and that's not cool whatsoever, specially when it can take time before the victim even realize they're pregnant. Loss of period can happen due to stress so it's not weird to not have it for a while after a rape even if they're not pregnant either. So this would create a weird twist and another really difficult obstacle if it goes to court and it's too late for an abortion. It can also take time before a victim is ready to go through the ordeals of courtrooms too. In order to not make that process even more difficult we need to be hard on people that takes advantage of people weaker than them for their own egotistical needs and wants.

I don't understand why this is even a question that needs to be explained/answered tbh, lol.
This guy gets it
Old 04-30-2019, 10:14 AM   #14
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Battle Record: 5-1

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- Netcees Battle League (8x)
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

I think the wp was stalk homes syndrome it works both ways
Orc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:12 PM   #15
josh s
w0000

josh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant futurejosh s has a brilliant future

If they agree to be neutered they can go free. Other wise bubba gonna get a crack at ya butt cherry. End of story. Elect me as universal dictator and I’ll get this shit on the books.
josh s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:39 PM   #16
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Tbh I think this is zelph trying to get us to believe he's a cop by planting it in our subconscious as a small detail here while we we're too focused on 'lol retard rape is bad'
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:44 PM   #17
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

But it’s not bad if she keeps the kid, right?
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:46 PM   #18
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

its not murder amiright
Old 04-30-2019, 05:54 PM   #19
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

It’s like the opposite of murder actually
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:31 PM   #20
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Champed

I’ma waiting for you guys to see the bigger picture here,
Orc almost had it