As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Parental pressure exists.

Especially from parents who were former athletes and didn’t make the pro level for what ever reason.

I coach both Baseball and Football and see it a lot. Kids hardly interested and parents forcing them to play a sport. It’s a shame, thank god my kids love playing sports. Some of these kids are brutal to coach man.
I clicked edit on my last post. Not sure why it quoted lol the edit... weird.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #22
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
The problem is a lot of kids are getting minor brain damage at a young age where they don’t know what they’re doing and while dealing with that they are pushed by adults around them to dedicate their life to that sport. Then they are taunted with millions of dollars and fame.

So nah, it’s not as simple as “they know what they’re getting into”.
its nonsense. they don't hit hard enough to do any lasting damage to their brain until they are old enough to make their own decisions

any kid being forced to play at the high school level isn't going to be good enough to make it anyways so pretending that he is in danger is malarkey

im also not sold on cte as a whole just because they only test people for it who were at risk in the first place

so when studies come out like 108 out of 111 brains had CTE its like ok. how many brains out of 100 have it who never played football?

but yea the whole CTE discussion already has parents not letting their kids play these sports, which just further illustrates that those who do play know the risks
Old 04-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #23
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Nah bro.

Concussion protocol is pretty strict anymore.

I know every year I have to sit through a 4 hour seminar regarding youth tackling techniques, concussion prevention and concussion protocol.

Even if a kid leads helmet, he's ejected immediately - has to see a doctor as a concussion preventitive measure and if deemed he was concussed he has to sit for 4 games NO PRACTICE - 5th week he must see his doctor and get cleared. If cleared he must practice with helmet only no contact which isn't much. Ideally a kid can miss up to 10 weeks and there is only 12 in a season - 15 including playoff and champ game.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #24
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Parental pressure exists.

Especially from parents who were for athletes and didn’t make the pro level for what ever reason.

I coach both Baseball and Football and see it a lot. Kids hardly interested and parents forcing them to play a sport. It’s a shame, thank god my kids love playing sports. Some of these kids are brutal to coach man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
its nonsense. they don't hit hard enough to do any lasting damage to their brain until they are old enough to make their own decisions

any kid being forced to play at the high school level isn't going to be good enough to make it anyways so pretending that he is in danger is malarkey

im also not sold on cte as a whole just because they only test people for it who were at risk in the first place

so when studies come out like 108 out of 111 brains had CTE its like ok. how many brains out of 100 have it who never played football?

but yea the whole CTE discussion already has parents not letting their kids play these sports, which just further illustrates that those who do play know the risks
Sometimes you have cool different views on things

Sometimes your a close minded self important douchebag

This is one of the dumb douchebag moments

You must’ve either not played sports growing up or didn’t show any signs of talent so weren’t thrown into the ringer
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #25
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Amen you weren’t supposed to be quoted there, think I hit multiple quote button on the other page. Don’t feel like editing
Old 04-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #26
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Word.

Uh oh definitely wrong here lol.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #27
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

itt iowa neanderthal wnt ppl 2 know he doesn't care bout ppl better den him for millionth time
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #28
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Sometimes you have cool different views on things

Sometimes your a close minded self important douchebag

This is one of the dumb douchebag moments

You must’ve either not played sports growing up or didn’t show any signs of talent so weren’t thrown into the ringer
i played midget and middle school before discovering the delights of weed pussy and video games

little kids get their "bell rung" but to pretend that its anything serious is nonsense, all this is over preventative nonsense because no one understands CTE yet.

middle school level ehhh you might get an ACTUAL concussion, high school definitely

you guys are talking like im not from one of the youth football capitols of the nation lol. this is the heartland the hall of fame is in my city

im not even sure where im wrong? @Amen you're basically cosigning that parents are aware of it, even your league is super strict on the protocol

my opinions on the severity of an injury doesn't change the point of people KNOWING what they're getting into, espescially when its as overprotective these days as you describe
Old 04-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #29
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

People not knowing about what they are getting in to.

Trust, they know. How can you not know with all the awareness and social media platforms.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:20 PM   #30
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Thats what ive been saying?
Old 04-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #31
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Yes, that is where I feel you are wrong. People know.

It's the same for drugs. People know they are bad but still do them.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #32
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

So you agree but im wrong?

Thats enough NC for today.

Mods close this.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #33
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

I'm NOT agreeing dude.

You said people don't know what they are getting in to. I'm saying THEY DO.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #34
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
I'm NOT agreeing dude.

You said people don't know what they are getting in to. I'm saying THEY DO.
i feel like you're just trolling me now. i never once said they don't know what they are getting into. its been the opposite of that basically this entire thread
Old 04-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #35
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Misread one of your posts dude, my bad. Thought you stated people don't know what they are getting in to..

Sometimes skim through your posts because it's a lot to read some times and I was on the go.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #36
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i played midget and middle school before discovering the delights of weed pussy and video games

little kids get their "bell rung" but to pretend that its anything serious is nonsense, all this is over preventative nonsense because no one understands CTE yet.

middle school level ehhh you might get an ACTUAL concussion, high school definitely

you guys are talking like im not from one of the youth football capitols of the nation lol. this is the heartland the hall of fame is in my city

im not even sure where im wrong? @Amen you're basically cosigning that parents are aware of it, even your league is super strict on the protocol

my opinions on the severity of an injury doesn't change the point of people KNOWING what they're getting into, espescially when its as overprotective these days as you describe
I know plenty of dudes who got concussions in middle school. One kid couldn’t wrestle or play football anymore by 10th grade because he had 5 and his head was “like a glass bowl”.

Doesn’t matter where you’re from like you said you weren’t involved by the point it’s more serious. I don’t know how to operate a snow plow just because I’m from upstate New York.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:54 PM   #37
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

And yeah, I know a kid who almost was killed in little league because he took a line drive to the chest. Dudes heart legit stopped.

There are injuries IN EVERY sport. And like Knock said, youths can get concussions just as easily man... All depends on the impact and the shift of brain fluids which cause concussions/KO'S.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:10 PM   #38
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

ITT uh oh doesn’t realize the scale of size and force between two youths colliding and two adults colliding

I can take a rock to the head without being seriously injured so guess I’ll throw em at my one year olds head
Old 04-22-2018, 09:41 PM   #39
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

im speaking on YOUTH FOOTBALL, i specifically said once its in high school is when its actually relevant

im not sure how it works now, amen coaches so he could probably shed light on it, but midget football the limit to carrying the ball was 120lbs. if you were over that you got an X on your helmet and you couldn't be in a skills position, that was the late 90's early 00's. no one was hitting like that because little kids don't have the mass and can't generate the speed to murk eachother. at worst they get their breath knocked out, you can get your bell rung sure, but a full on concussion is about as rare as it gets

middle school was slightly different but again, they're fucking tiny with a few exceptions
Old 04-22-2018, 09:56 PM   #40
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

So middle schoolers have the know-how and choice to not play sports because it could have lifelong effects?

Even high schoolers?