Old 04-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default caring about athletes health and well being

why

this is probably the most annoying thing in the modern era

whether its the nonsense in football like we care about cte or the ufc fighters being underpaid or steroids in sports to blah blah

do you actually care? and can you explain to me why i should?

as long as the athlete is aware of the situation and is a willing participant why do we care?

if you are a ufc fighter and get 30k for a fight, you accept and sign a contract, why should i feel like the ufc is fucking you? and better yet why should i care? if you are a football player and you are in the NFL why am i concerned for your mental health?

i dunno, its mainly those two sports because they are the only ones i give a fuck about

and i literally only give a fuck about them because of the physicality and brutality involved

as a kid my idols were ray lewis and mike alstott lol. i want to see car crashes between human beings. in the ufc i want to see liddel vs rampage every fight

the reason im a fan is the murderfest of it.

i just don't understand the concept of caring about the people involved, it feels disingenuous
Old 04-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

No one signed up for cte bruh
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

ok. so do you think they should be changing rules that fundamentally change (ruin) the sport? or they keep the sport the same, and everyone entering the sport obviously knows about it now?

i don't get it. look at boxing. anthony joshua and deonte wilder and whoever else, every new young champion boxer knew from day 1 about the possibility of becoming punch drunk.

they didn't put in rules to stop people from punching to the head. i mean sure they cut down the rounds because someone died in the ring. but you get what im saying.

every high school football player/college/ everyone knows about it. should the liability be put on the players or the organization?

im in the auto body field, i fuck with paints, chemicals, dusts all types of shit. i know i can get cancer from it. anyone playing football knows they can get CTE

if they don't want it, don't play.

quit nerfing the world
Old 04-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #4
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

I dont really care unless its a player on my fav team.

NFL/NCAA changed equipment and rules to protect against brain injuries and now theres more knee/hamstring/ankle injuries than ever. It doesn't do shit tbh

they know what they are risking.

If you dont want to get injured play flag football or soccer or baseball
Old 04-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Yeah cuz people don't get injured playing those sports.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i think the sentiment is them not being contact sports. a tackle in soccer isn't like a tackle in rugby. and a tackle in rugby is soft in comparison to american football because the tackler has to worry about hurting himself in the process.

but word, its in regards to actual contact sports

hell i don't watch hockey so i could be off base and they changed back, but i remember a push to stop fighting, and maybe even shrinking the rink? or discussions of it, and rule changes because people were getting destroyed. think maybe it was something like you cant just go full speed from one end and crush a guy you have to start from a certain line? again im showing my ignorance i know nothing

but basically every combat sport outside of fighting has been softened it seems

bring back swords
Old 04-21-2018, 07:44 PM   #7
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

A tackle in soccer can and has shattered bones on many occasions. Torns ligaments are a regular occurrence, as are snapped hamstrings. Not to mention the massive problem of brain trauma, caused by blows to the head, in the sport recently, it is absolutely a contact sport. But I agree with the premise of this thread, they know the risks and are getting paid millions to take that risk.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:59 PM   #8
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Euro football is really a tough sport esp at the speed they're playing these days

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i guess its technically a "limited-contact sport". my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Limited-contact sports are sports for which the rules are specifically designed to prevent contact between players either intentionally or unintentionally. Contact can still happen, but penalties are often used to disallow substantial contact between players. These penalties, including physically removing players from the field of play, mean that contact is moderate or rare.

Examples include soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, field hockey, women's lacrosse, netball, korfball, Gaelic football, hurling, shinty, polo, ultimate, bandy, and underwater hockey.
but this discussion is about full contact sports. if you inflict an injury its because you actually meant to hit the guy within the rules of the sport

but my main purpose of this thread was to understand the mindset of people who actually disagree

because im constantly seeing articles criticizing the safety of players or criticizing organizations due to their "unfair treatment" they sign up for.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #10
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Oh I can't advocate for those ppl I'm a Sean Taylor/Dawkins fan lol

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #11
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

No one cares about football players health while wanting them to continue to play football
The sport itself is dangerous and no one gives a fuck cause gatorade
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #12
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Soccer is not comparable, at all. Severe injury rate is 1000's times higher in footballs
Old 04-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #13
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Well obviously.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #14
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Also, there are more dangerous sports than Boxing or American Football...Horse Riding for instance, or...wait for it....Cheerleading.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:11 AM   #15
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fart View Post
I dont really care unless its a player on my fav team.

NFL/NCAA changed equipment and rules to protect against brain injuries and now theres more knee/hamstring/ankle injuries than ever. It doesn't do shit tbh

they know what they are risking.

If you dont want to get injured play flag football or soccer or baseball
You can get injured in any sport man. We are humans. The body can only take so much bro.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:16 AM   #16
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Anyone watch the UFC card tonight? Or the Showtime boxing card?

Some good fights. Adrian Broner should have won that fight man... Draws are so gay...
Old 04-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #17
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is a lot of kids are getting minor brain damage at a young age where they don’t know what they’re doing and while dealing with that they are pushed by adults around them to dedicate their life to that sport. Then they are taunted with millions of dollars and fame.

So nah, it’s not as simple as “they know what they’re getting into”.
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #18
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

People who play fantasy sports, its useful information.
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:21 AM   #19
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Idc. Do you care? Who cares? Im sure there teams coaches and family care. But who cares? Idc
Old 04-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #20
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Parental pressure exists.

Especially from parents who were for athletes and didn’t make the pro level for what ever reason.

I coach both Baseball and Football and see it a lot. Kids hardly interested and parents forcing them to play a sport. It’s a shame, thank god my kids love playing sports. Some of these kids are brutal to coach man.